When you get to the last stone - transitioning?

LucySera

Just throwing this out there as it's been on my mind. I'm on Slim and Save (loving it) and intend to carry on until I hit 10 stone when I'll have one last stone to lose. I'll probably hit that weight sometime between January and February, and I'm considering transitioning onto one of the programmes such as WW or SW to lose that last little bit.

I realise of course that I'll have to refeed before doing that otherwise I'll briefly shoot back up again ;) but how have other people gotten on with transitioning from VLCD to a more 'in-between' diet? Anyone else got a similar plan?

I plan on returning to ww mid jan and basically i expect to put on a good few pounds when i stop but imagine lossing it within 3 weekd with ww bit rubbish but will have to go through it.

I'm gonna follow cambridge steps so 810 then 1000 then maintain by trying to not eat too much carbs other than lots of veg and have more protein as too much breads, pastas etc Is where I ruined my weight! N when I do hav them to keep it brown! Basically more of a GI diet x

I can't eat wholegrain etc, only 'easily digestible' carbs - aka the ones worst on the glycemic index - oh the horror :( Although I'll lower my carb consumption somewhat, I can't imagine going particularly low carb for life - I think it will have to be a case of upping the exercise to maintain.

I do actually enjoy exercise like dancing, rowing and horse riding so it won't be too problematic I hope! I'm torn between Cambridge refeed or something like WW as I'm thinking of starting rowing again once I hit 10 stone and I wonder if the calorie consumption during the early stages of refeed will be enough. At the same time... I do want to continue losing weight until I hit 9 stone - choices choices!

Oh that's unfortunate about the GI issue with carbs. If you exercise more then carb intake will be fine!

I think by the time you reach 1000 step and up exercise will be fine, especially to still lose a little.

Regarding carbs I found this site interesting:

http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/

It has lots of info but really made me question why on earth we all think and have constantly been taught that carbs are so good for us - the food pyramid n all. I guess a hell a lot of companies make a lot of money from the fact that we all eat so many carb based products that we think r good for us but aren't. I mean how much of the breakfast cereal aisle actually has anything really good for us in it? Just a thought I know I am off on a bit of a tangent! X

That is so true Lara. I think most of weight problems these days are that we are taught all wrong. portion sizes are getting bigger while are lives are getting more sedentary. xx

Back