• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

When you think you have nothing in.....

.....what do you cook?

My fridge is pretty bare of fresh stuff and as I had eggs for breaky I didn't want them for lunch so I've raided the cupboards and made spiced dahl soup.

one clove of garlic and a little piece of soft red pepper which was looking very sorry for itself in the salad drawer. Tumeric, garam masala and a cardamom pod, 75g red lentils, tin of tomatoes and 750ml veg stock. Cook for 30 mins and there I go, healthy free lunch - and I had NOTHING in!!!

What do you rustle up when you need to go shopping??

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
Heh, shopping day is eating-packet-food day. Out come the Pasta n Sauce, the Savoury Rice, the packs of Ainsley bloody Harriot cous cous that I bought cos they were on offer and haven't had yet.

If all else fails, something from my marvellous 'on-toast' range usually suffices. Tinned tomatoes on toast, and i'm sure there's always some mini tins of spaghetti numbers lurking around.

I generally make something like a pasta with tomato sauce bake. I usually have, onions, courgette, mushrooms, garlic and tinned tomatoes lying around!

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
It would probably be baked beans, sardines, scrambled eggs on toast as I always have eggs (I have chickens) and I always have a well stocked tin cupboard.

At the moment though I have such a 'glut' of tomatoes from the greenhouse - so I have been having scrambled eggs and grilled tomatoes for lunch with 2 Scan Bran.....the tomatoes soften the Scan Bran and help to get them down, LOL..

Ah, but what if you didn't have a pepper! I had no fresh stuff except a scabby bit of pepper! No carrots, onions, courgette, mushrooms, peppers or anything else in sight!! Bah - hate it when I run out of "staples" :(
[email protected] scabby bit of pepper :D
i usually grab supernoodles, a mugshot or a tin of beans and if i want something sweet i make a bowl of couscous flavoured with an options white choc.

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
Ooooh you make chutney and relish? Do you think you could help me come up with a good syn free or low syn red onion marmalade recipe?