When you think you have nothing in.....

jaylou

Gold Member
.....what do you cook?

My fridge is pretty bare of fresh stuff and as I had eggs for breaky I didn't want them for lunch so I've raided the cupboards and made spiced dahl soup.

one clove of garlic and a little piece of soft red pepper which was looking very sorry for itself in the salad drawer. Tumeric, garam masala and a cardamom pod, 75g red lentils, tin of tomatoes and 750ml veg stock. Cook for 30 mins and there I go, healthy free lunch - and I had NOTHING in!!!

What do you rustle up when you need to go shopping??

Heh, shopping day is eating-packet-food day. Out come the Pasta n Sauce, the Savoury Rice, the packs of Ainsley bloody Harriot cous cous that I bought cos they were on offer and haven't had yet.

If all else fails, something from my marvellous 'on-toast' range usually suffices. Tinned tomatoes on toast, and i'm sure there's always some mini tins of spaghetti numbers lurking around.

Oh, I can't go near the alphabetti spaghetti in my cupboards if I want my daughter ever to speak to me again!!!

haha aw. I buy it for me, am big kid. I don't like baked beans see.

I generally make something like a pasta with tomato sauce bake. I usually have, onions, courgette, mushrooms, garlic and tinned tomatoes lying around!

It would probably be baked beans, sardines, scrambled eggs on toast as I always have eggs (I have chickens) and I always have a well stocked tin cupboard.

At the moment though I have such a 'glut' of tomatoes from the greenhouse - so I have been having scrambled eggs and grilled tomatoes for lunch with 2 Scan Bran.....the tomatoes soften the Scan Bran and help to get them down, LOL..

i would have red pepper filled with garlicy lentils and rice yummy :)

Ah, but what if you didn't have a pepper! I had no fresh stuff except a scabby bit of pepper! No carrots, onions, courgette, mushrooms, peppers or anything else in sight!! Bah - hate it when I run out of "staples" :(

Donnie, I have so many tomatoes I'm fed up of eating (and seeing them!), I've been making relish and chutney until I run out of jars!!

Ah, but what if you didn't have a pepper! I had no fresh stuff except a scabby bit of pepper! No carrots, onions, courgette, mushrooms, peppers or anything else in sight!! Bah - hate it when I run out of "staples" :(
LOL@ scabby bit of pepper :D
i usually grab supernoodles, a mugshot or a tin of beans and if i want something sweet i make a bowl of couscous flavoured with an options white choc.

Ooooh you make chutney and relish? Do you think you could help me come up with a good syn free or low syn red onion marmalade recipe?

I've never thought of doing that, I chuck sugar in mine!!

I wonder if it would work replacing the sugar with splenda? What do you think Donnie?

Back