Where am I going wrong?

PurpleK

Hi I am new here..

I am quite a bit overweight and I am also Diabetic. After my most recent blood results I decided enough was enough and to tackle my weight problem and decided on the shakes as a means to lose weight - I lost 5lb the first 2 weeks and then this past week I spent the majority of it poorly with tonsillitis and lost 8lb in total by yesterday morning. I tried to stick with the shakes whilst I was poorly so I was at least getting some form of nutrition.

Yesterday I was feeling much better and decided to go back to normal with my diet... I had a slim fast shake for my breakfast, another for my lunch, I had a 0 fat yoghurt mid afternoon and for my tea I had a small portion of tuna salad and a small portion of new potatoes. I was feeling a little peckish around 7pm last night and had a weight watchers bar. I drank 2 ltrs of water and had a single can of pepsi max yesterday plus I managed a small walk and did 3 sit ups (not much I no, but I am starting slowly with these)

This morning I weighed myself and I have gained 2lb!!!! How?? What am I doing wrong?

Hi there

1st of all well fine on sticking to it while you were poorly.

I'm not sure why you have shown a gain this morning but as our bodies are all different I'm not sure anyone will know the answer.
My weight tends to fluctuate depending on the time of the month so could it be something to do with that ?

What ever it is please try not to let it get into your head ! Our minds are very complex and I would hate you to sabotage your own efforts as you have done fab so far.

Keep up the good work and concentrate on how well you have done x

Hi purplek, I noticed when I was I'll for a week a few months ago I lost 7lb in about 5/6 days, I was drinking a lot of water when I was ill too so majority of it was probably water weight. Within a day or two (of not eating properly asi didn't feel 100%, but still eating little) I had found that I had put on 6lb. It's surprising how much water weight you do really lose (it also inspired me to drink as much water as I can throughout the day) and it really does help! Also you must take into consideration the clothes you were wearing when you weighed yourself, where you weighed yourself (different places give different readings) and if could possibly be your TOTM?

Hope this helps x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi, thank you for replying to me.

I thought it might be the water as I did drink quite a lot of it over the days I was poorly.. so I continued with it and had 2 ltrs of it yesterday and I have started again today.

I'm half way through my cycle at the min so it can't be that plus I always weigh in the same place, in my bedroom without clothes on.

I would just hate to put all 8lb back on again and be back to where I was at the beginning of last week.

Back