Where are all the guys?

Well im here anyway but sad to hear that people have been leaving the forums, i must admit it seems a lot quieter than it was when i originally started using it about 3 years ago.

Cant anyone make contact with the people who left to see whats wrong?

Hi Paul. Most of them are still here, they just don't post on any threads except their own diaries and those of people they know already. There has been a marked increase in the number of people who take offence at the tiniest perceived insult, and many of the older members have had enough of being told they are being rude, when they aren't. They have decided its not worth posting anymore as result.

Its a real shame, as people are missing out on a load of support and knowledge.

Bloke here been doing the plan for 11 months and love it!!!

5st lighter and training for my first 10k later on in the year(this time last year I struggled to do the stairs to the loo)

Philip

Insaniti said:
Bloke here been doing the plan for 11 months and love it!!!

5st lighter and training for my first 10k later on in the year(this time last year I struggled to do the stairs to the loo)

Philip

Excellent well done x

Dipped my toes in here a while ago but you're stuck with me now, I'm SW for life!

Think this is a great site and use it in some way every day, taking a bit of a scenic route to goal but getting there :)

I am still here after nearly 1 year on SW!
Lost just over 6st to date and wondering if I should loose a bit more, maybe 1/2 stone more as I cannot stay on Target!
I am also thick skinned so if you want to criticize me or any of my recipes then go ahead, but please explain what you are criticizing! I am adding posts most days, see you soon.
Pete

Wait a minute....I see we have male posters on here at long last. I was beginning to think i was the only man amongst all these women :) he he. I guess most men are readers and not posters, Me, I am happy to recieve all the advice i can get

I am still here after nearly 1 year on SW!
Lost just over 6st to date and wondering if I should loose a bit more, maybe 1/2 stone more as I cannot stay on Target!
I am also thick skinned so if you want to criticize me or any of my recipes then go ahead, but please explain what you are criticizing! I am adding posts most days, see you soon.
Pete

Ive only been here a week and I already think you are a slimming world recipe guru.

I have made the mcdonalds muffins (loved them) and the slimming world soup ( loved it) and the slimming world chips(yum yum)
Today is egg custard day

Cheers pal your a legend

yorkplumber said:
Ive only been here a week and I already think you are a slimming world recipe guru.

I have made the mcdonalds muffins (loved them) and the slimming world soup ( loved it) and the slimming world chips(yum yum)
Today is egg custard day

Cheers pal your a legend

Pete is the ultimate sw domestic goddess!!! He's recipes look awesome-and you get pics of what its meant to look like(always useful if you're as bad as me in the kitchen) lol

pamiepie said:
I have to say I have been a "stalker" of some recent interesting threads, and WOW some people ARE touchy!! I admire your patience :eek::eek: I agree men are a bit more thick skinned LOL!

I think there's a law against stalking!! haha

It's been unreal hasn't it, you can't say boo without offending someone!!

Yeah the more men the better, need a few thick skinned people on here!! ;)

yorkplumber said:
Although normally I would love the female to male ratio to be like it is on this website but....where are all the guys? Every post i read is by a woman- Now, i know you women like to talk but c'mon guys lets man up and get the comments a flowing!!

I trying to get my husband to join (although he is on exercise away t the mo) I'll tell him play mates needed!!! Lol ;)

Mwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Can people not draw a line under it and move on, laughing and being snidey about it is making it become a bullying issue enough is enough, yes some people are sensitive but thats why some of them are on here for help and support, thats all people want i know some that wouldn't be on here if they were not feeling a little vunerable, its called low self esteem and isn't a laughing matter so enough is enough

Can people not draw a line under it and move on, laughing and being snidey about it is making it become a bullying issue enough is enough, yes some people are sensitive but thats why some of them are on here for help and support, thats all people want i know some that wouldn't be on here if they were not feeling a little vunerable, its called low self esteem and isn't a laughing matter so enough is enough

You clearly can't so STOP this now!!!! Enough is enough!!!!!!! I'm starting to think you lurk round the boards trying to find posts you can find fault with and accuse people of being nasty/bullying etc everyone has had enough, you drag up the past and just can't let it lie!!! I said it before you have a chip on your shoulder that seriously needs removing before you start major uproar on this forum, no-one wants it and no-one needs it, this is a place for people to come to when they want help & support not to read the same posts by you dragging up the past!!! get over it now LMD before someone says something they may regret!!!! :mad:

Last edited:
You clearly can't so STOP this now!!!! Enough is enough!!!!!!! I'm starting to think you lurk round the boards trying to find posts you can find fault with and accuse people of being nasty/bullying etc everyone has had enough, you drag up the past and just can't let it lie!!! I said it before you have a chip on your shoulder that seriously needs removing before you start major uproar on this forum, no-one wants it and no-one needs it, this is a place for people to come to when they want help & support not to read the same posts by you dragging up the past!!! get over it now LMD before someone says something they may regret!!!! :mad:

Then stop laughing about it and making snide comments about it!!! it was over till you and another brought it up again!

its not just me, this is proven so don't victimise me saying its all my fault when i'm not the only one

Just sticking up for those who need it

LMD - there are ways to do this without taking over a thread. The report button, a PM, the ignore list will all accomplish the same thing - you feelign like you have stuck up for people, without escalating a situation.

Can we all just act a bit more like grown ups please?

Gents- there is a long term member of the forum called Maximus. He is funny, intelligent, has lost a shed load of weight on SW and has successfuly maintained for a while. If you PM him he might come out to play :rolleyes:

LMD - there are ways to do this without taking over a thread. The report button, a PM, the ignore list will all accomplish the same thing - you feelign like you have stuck up for people, without escalating a situation.

Can we all just act a bit more like grown ups please?

Gents- there is a long term member of the forum called Maximus. He is funny, intelligent, has lost a shed load of weight on SW and has successfuly maintained for a while. If you PM him he might come out to play :rolleyes:

lol loving your new user title!! :)

I have used the report button several times on this thread!
and i wasn't the one who re brought this up!

Back