Where are all the guys?

Im absolutely sick to the back teeth of this now. Theres not a day goes by just now but this forum doesnt degenerate into a slanging match. Even a nice light hearted thread like this ends up the same old stuff

You know what itll be a miracle if people keep posting on here because some of the threads and posts are enough to drive anyone away

To be perfectly honest Im at the stage now of thinking this just isnt fun anymore at all. I feel like logging off and not logging back on

Can we please stop dragging the same old arguments into every single solitary thread and reading things into comments that IMO just arent there :mad:

Starlight said:
Im absolutely sick to the back teeth of this now. Theres not a day goes by just now but this forum doesnt degenerate into a slanging match. Even a nice light hearted thread like this ends up the same old stuff

You know what itll be a miracle if people keep posting on here because some of the threads and posts are enough to drive anyone away

To be perfectly honest Im at the stage now of thinking this just isnt fun anymore at all. I feel like logging off and not logging back on

Can we please stop dragging the same old arguments into every single solitary thread and reading things into comments that IMO just arent there :mad:

Hear hear!

kingleds said:
No way I'm letting mine join - where else would I moan about him not doing the washing up?:D

Damn right! I'm dreading mine coming back next week back to having child number six at home lol ;)

Wow, i'm a newbie and seen two threads in my short time turn into a slanging match.

Do i need to watch what I say around here then? lol x

RubyRed80 said:
Wow, i'm a newbie and seen two threads in my short time turn into a slanging match.

No not at all. Some people just take things too personally. Everything is fine-there are alot of people willing to help you with questions and advice. There is tons of stuff on here already, and it's great :) there is a great thread for the newbies, giving info about where to find stuff, and if you read it, it will help you loads :) x

No babe you are fine & so are all the other newbies, its just that before you ask a question do a search first because the same/similar questions get asked quite often.

Also make sure you read the thread about newbies & make sure you post in the right subforum.

If you make a mistake no worries, we all make them & it does take a while to get used to it here.

Welcome & post away don't be scared we're all very nice here.....XXXX

Ah :)

I tend to me more of a replier than a thread starter, so no real danger of me repeating questions or posting in the wrong place :)

x

Welshtigger said:
No not at all. Some people just take things too personally. Everything is fine-there are alot of people willing to help you with questions and advice. There is tons of stuff on here already, and it's great :) there is a great thread for the newbies, giving info about where to find stuff, and if you read it, it will help you loads :) x

I have to say when I was finding my way around, I started a thread, and someone very politely pointed out that if I searched I would find lots of similar threads. I saw this as helpful!

No not at all, as tigger said there are a few on here who take things too seriously and things can get out of hand but it's usually dealt with quickly and theres calm after the storm lol :) we're a lovely bunch of people really!! ;)

So far so many people have been nice and helpful towards me and other new posters, so it's all good :) x

I felt you could use some of these :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:xxx

Little Miss Determined said:
Can people not draw a line under it and move on, laughing and being snidey about it is making it become a bullying issue enough is enough, yes some people are sensitive but thats why some of them are on here for help and support, thats all people want i know some that wouldn't be on here if they were not feeling a little vunerable, its called low self esteem and isn't a laughing matter so enough is enough

I am a recent newbie & have felt like this on 1 occasion. Only because i was having a bad day and feeling totally sensetive. I reread the post the next day i could see that it was just a helpful person trying to help. Also the person actually appologised for the way it came across. Its these types of comments off LMD that puts me off. So so negative.
Amy x

I am a recent newbie & have felt like this on 1 occasion. Only because i was having a bad day and feeling totally sensetive. I reread the post the next day i could see that it was just a helpful person trying to help. Also the person actually appologised for the way it came across. Its these types of comments off LMD that puts me off. So so negative.
Amy x

I think the person who upset you was me, it was unintentional and I'm sorry (never answer a post with a headache). I was greatly upset on that thread to find people 'slagging' me off when I could read everything said much later as I wasn't online, and no one being adult enough to address me directly, I'd prefer to be reported and have someone level headed and fair minded like Starlight to let me know what I'd done.

LMD - there are ways to do this without taking over a thread. The report button, a PM, the ignore list will all accomplish the same thing - you feelign like you have stuck up for people, without escalating a situation.

Can we all just act a bit more like grown ups please?

Gents- there is a long term member of the forum called Maximus. He is funny, intelligent, has lost a shed load of weight on SW and has successfuly maintained for a while. If you PM him he might come out to play :rolleyes:

Kingleds kindly forgot to mention Maximus is as mad as a bag of snakes! As nutty as a fruitcake, a complete loon.....you get the picture!

*I am now going to RUN as fast as I can*

Shirleen said:
Kingleds kindly forgot to mention Maximus is as mad as a bag of snakes! As nutty as a fruitcake, a complete loon.....you get the picture!

U forgot 'Madder than a bag of badgers/box of frogs' ;)

Shirleen said:
I think the person who upset you was me, it was unintentional and I'm sorry (never answer a post with a headache). I was greatly upset on that thread to find people 'slagging' me off when I could read everything said much later as I wasn't online, and no one being adult enough to address me directly, I'd prefer to be reported and have someone level headed and fair minded like Starlight to let me know what I'd done.

Hi shirleen, that wasnt another dig at you. Like i said i re-read & totally understand you were just trying to help. So im sorry for the things i said. I think you and alot of other people on here have such a wealth of knowledge & will help anybody they can. I can see that from reading other posts. So once again im sorry too.
Amy xx

LMD - there are ways to do this without taking over a thread. The report button, a PM, the ignore list will all accomplish the same thing - you feelign like you have stuck up for people, without escalating a situation.

Can we all just act a bit more like grown ups please?

Gents- there is a long term member of the forum called Maximus. He is funny, intelligent, has lost a shed load of weight on SW and has successfuly maintained for a while. If you PM him he might come out to play :rolleyes:

Hi shirleen, that wasnt another dig at you. Like i said i re-read & totally understand you were just trying to help. So im sorry for the things i said. I think you and alot of other people on here have such a wealth of knowledge & will help anybody they can. I can see that from reading other posts. So once again im sorry too.
Amy xx

We're good hun no apology necessary xxxx

Back