Where do i sign?!! Im in!!

I'm here to sign-in - I am thinking about JUDDD-ing but need some insight into what to expect!

I too am a daily weigher and I don't think it's a good idea on this diet :) xxx

I am a daily weigher too and always have been. I know that the scales are going to rise after an UP day and expect it, I didn't expect it so much when on CD but sometimes they did rise and it upset me..... with JUDDD it doesn't as I know they will.... if you have a problem just weigh yourself every other day after a DD and you should see results...

I have only been on JUDDD just under 2 weeks and have lost 5lb already, and I came over from SnS, so really pleased. I started with the mindset that I would give it a month and see what happened, if I didn't lose weight I would go back to SnS, but I am losing more a week on this than I was on SnS and I am far from starving myself on JUDDD. Well worth giving it a go.

And Passionflower is right, she is a good cheer upper, she has cheered me up on many occasions.....

I am a daily weigher too and always have been. I know that the scales are going to rise after an UP day and expect it, I didn't expect it so much when on CD but sometimes they did rise and it upset me..... with JUDDD it doesn't as I know they will.... if you have a problem just weigh yourself every other day after a DD and you should see results...

I have only been on JUDDD just under 2 weeks and have lost 5lb already, and I came over from SnS, so really pleased. I started with the mindset that I would give it a month and see what happened, if I didn't lose weight I would go back to SnS, but I am losing more a week on this than I was on SnS and I am far from starving myself on JUDDD. Well worth giving it a go.

And Passionflower is right, she is a good cheer upper, she has cheered me up on many occasions.....

hi greeneyes, ive been daily weighing and ive gone from 9st (thurs) to 9st 4lbs (fri after up), to 9st 3lbs (after down) to 9st 5lbs (after up) to 9st 4lbs (after down) again. as my starting weight was 9st, as it stands ive gained 4lbs after 2 ups and 2 downs. did u daily weigh during your first week?? if so, what were your initial results like? i cant see me losing weight before friday i.e. to record a loss from my original starting weight of 9st, it just doesnt feel like its going to go down. i'll be disappointed with a gain but pleased if its only something like 2lbs i.e. 9st 2lbs weighing in on friday but i would prefer a loss to take me into the 8s!!

I guess the thing is that you have been doing CD for so long that as soon as you start eating again you will gain some water weight. You can only put on pounds if you eat excessively. For every pound you put on in fat you need to eat 3500 extra calories, and you haven't done that, so the only gain will be water. If you had of followed the refeed on CD, you would have found that you need to stick to each step for a couple of weeks or until you start losing weight again (I did the total refeed last time I did CD, 3 years ago) so even if you had of followed the CD plans to eating more you would have gained, that is why there are so many steps to eating again on CD. So a gain this week will be a water gain which you would get refeeding on CD or on this diet, it is not fat. It may seem like you are putting your weight loss back a few weeks, but the same would have happened with CD you are just doing it sooner rather than later. Do not worry about this week, keep sticking to the JUDDD plan and next week I am totally convinced you will lost weight.

thanks greeneyes, it does help to talk to others who have come off a vlcd too. im just frustrated as ive seen so many others, like yourself, on here who have changed from a vlcd and lost in the first week and it looks highly unlikely that its going to happen for me! i will keep on with juddd, i just panic about weight gain because i wonder whether its the diet not working with my body and always question how long to stick with it for. i think maybe by next week if the scales are still being awkward then i'll get my tape out and check my measurements because i'm hoping that my exercise will pay off in some shape too! x

Aaaaah, were you excercising when on the VLCD? If not and you have just started exercising, your muscles hold water if they are not used to exercise, so this could be your problem. I have ME/CFS and dont exercise, so that could be why I had a loss the first week. Definately measure yourself, because I always found on the weeks I didn't lose pounds I lost inches instead.

no i didnt exercise on CD because i only did sole source and whenever people did exercise on SS they only seemed to lose 1lb a week which i really didnt want! so yes it could be the exercise which is making me 'heavier' especially as i do kettlebells which makes you feel like you've put on 10 stone by the next morning lol! i'll definitely be measuring those inches in a few weeks time, hoping to see some decent results with that if nothing else! x

I sent my gym application form off today - need to start work on the belly and the bingos :D have a size 10-12 wedding dress to fit into next year :D
Been sooooo long since i did the gym run - i hate excercise lol but hoping il make myself do it as i cant think of anything worse than lookin back on my weddin pics and hating what i see!!
Weight training at home tonight and an early night so i can get to my UP day!!
Today have eaten
CD shake
CD bar
Turkey bacon x2 with cup of lettuce & 2 cherry toms.
2L of water and a sprite zero!!

Ahhh good morning to a UD :D now what do i fancy....
Scales showing 12st 6 this morning - so thats 2lb up from my starting juddd weight. Official weigh in thursday.

All looking good hun, def not looking at a big gain like you were afraid of, enjoy your UP day ,you are doing great x

Soo glad you got to see such a small number, I am sure it will even out by WI day, enjoy your day xx

Yeah if i can get away with a 2lb gain ill be super happy!!!
My eatings not going great again!!! I could never imagine struggling to eat its ludacrus!!!

So far have managed fruit salad with natural fat free yoghurt for brekkie! 1/2 turkey bacon sarnie
- ham and tomato roll for lunch
- planning to have homemade chicken kiev for tea (chicken filled with philli and garlic coated in bread crumbs!) salad, corn on the cob and mayb a handful of cajun fries!
MFP has worked it all out to be around 1300 cal mark...

Lots of energy today have been walking a lot and drinking lots of H2o!! :)

Last edited:
Well after my UD im still weighing in at the same! So if i get through today 100% then tomoros official weigh in i should only be lookin at 1-2lb gain max!! Happy days! Then hopefully from then on it'll b losses losses losses! Start gym next week too.
Powering through my DD....... Water water water!!!

Hi LittleM I struggled to eat my full amount of calories both days, but I almost forced myself. I also chose to have some mayo and big chunk of cheese with my dinner to make up the calories' I do hope you will see a STS surprise on your weigh in but I know a 2lbs gain won't be upsetting for you. Keep it up. xx

Its weird isnt it that many of us have got to be overweight due to over eating and stuffing all the cr-ap stuff and now we take on juddd we struggle to eat lol!! I find the DDs quote easy really, and the feeding days hard lol!!!
Yeah.... I think anythin less than a 2lb gain coming over frm a vlcd is very acceptable so il be happy with that! :D

Have a good day hun and have everything crossed for you tomorrows weigh in x

i think you'll be fine hun, even if you have a gain, its looking like less than a 2lbs gain anyway so that'll be great for your first week! x

Ohhhh lordy!!!! Im starving today!! Already had just under400cls so i have nooooo idea how to make it through the day/eve lol!!!

aw bless i felt like that yesterday, really struggled on my down, think i'll have to go back to just having my 3 cd shakes on the downs and try and focus that way coz at the mo having food on the downs is making me crave it more. its horrible not being able to eat so much but just think tomorrow's an Up for you and its your weigh in tomorrow so just use that as a goal and try and push through! x

Keep drinking hun, try and keep busy , have a nice long bath tonight and just keep telling yourself you can eat tomorrow. Its also your weigh in Day tomorrow that one always keeps me on my toes xx

Hi everyone, i have been lurking for the last few days. I was feeling quite down as i have been sticking to this for a week now and STS, but after reading everyones posts, it seems that may be the norm, though i came from doing slimfast, slimmm and pointing it the weightwatchers way - if that makes any sense, not vlcd. bajoleth (((hugs))), i have been reading back some of your posts and you really have had a hard time of things personally, hope they are improving. Littlemumma, i hope if you have a gain, its minimal, i think possibly instead of using low fat stuff on your UD, maybe you could switch to a higher calorie one, i thought i read that what helps the weightloss is the swing from low to high, maybe someone could let me know if im wrong, as im trying to eat 2000 calories. I am finding it REALLY HARD on the down days, i just don't know what to eat, but am doing better today - good luck everyone and its lovely hearing of peoples losses.

Back