Where do you buy oatbran from ? Please

oatbran (not flakes ) can be bought at sainsburys orange tube made by mornflake ...or most healthfood shops , oatbran must be taken everyday on dukan without fail.
for not being able to go wheatbran also health food shops , wheatbran used for the constipation and to help make the oatbran go further
if your struggling drink more water , pv days green veg and senna if you really need it
have you eaten anything that could have taken you out of Ketosis and now your going back into it

Headaches are a sign of going into ketosis - shouldn't last too long. You'll feel better in a couple of days (at the most).

You can get oatbran and wheatbran from health/organic shops, maybe larger supermarkets too. 1 1/2 tbs oatbran obligatory on attack and 1 tbs of wheatbran (latter is if necessary/wanted - helps with transit probs). Once on phase II (cruise), you must have 2 tbs oatbran daily and the wheatbran amount stays the same. Drinking lots of water will help transit issues too, as will a couple of strong expressos and as much walking as you can.

There's a lot of blurb on the net about the health benefits of both brans, oatbran swells in liquid (so drink something while eating it) and forms a sort of gel which can absorb fat (I believe) so you're not doing yourself any favours in not having it, it's also really nice once you're used to it. Have a wee look at the recipes sticky - there are easy recipes for using both brans - muffins, cake, galette, crumble topping, granola. I prefer mine as porridge (I use the 2 tbs OB and 1 tbs WB with about 200ml skimmed milk - 5 minutes on medium/high in the microwave then add spices and sweetner. Lovely warming start to the day and keeps me full until lunch!

Don't hesitate to join in the forum, everyone's friendly and supportive and I'd not have managed without them - it has made being on a diet so much easier having a group of people going through it with me!

Good luck in your bran search and hope you feel better very soon.

the oatbran is 2tablespoons a day on cruise and 1 of wheatbran ... made in to galettes , muffins, dukan bread or dukan cake.....
the wine would most probably taken you out of ketosis and given you a carb hangover ....never mind just get back into it and drink loads of water x

you can get oat bran in tesco too - they do an own brand version which is 99p for 500g so cheaper than the mornflake.

you'll find it on the cereal isle, usually near the porridge oats

Your attack phase is supposed to consist of only protein - no vegetables. Have you read the book? It's also worth looking at www.dukandiet.co.uk to see what your true weight is and how long your attack phase should be. Once you're in ketosis you should stay there if you stick to the list of allowed foods.

Thanks I will read the link again. I haven't got the book carn't afford it at the moment (every penny going on the wedding!) I have only had protein for 14 days , a bit long I know but I did lose 9lbs which has got me on the right track to look better in my dress! Yesterday was the first day I had veg.

Your attack phase is supposed to consist of only protein - no vegetables. Have you read the book? It's also worth looking at www.dukandiet.co.uk to see what your true weight is and how long your attack phase should be. Once you're in ketosis you should stay there if you stick to the list of allowed foods.

Hi, I have just been on here and it won't let me do it because my current weight is lower than my previous lowest ?? I am 11 stones at the moment , my lowest before was 11 stones 4lbs, but I looked thinner 10years ago.

Don't have loads of beetroot as it's quite high in sugar - you are allowed it on dukan but in small amounts, so limit the amount you include. If you're on cruise phase you should now be alternating one day of protein and one day of veg or two of each - as long as the days are evenly proportioned.

i buy from healthfood shops as long as its oatbran and not flakes thats fine

Protein only for 14 days? That can't be good :(

You can get the book at amazon.co.uk for only £4.49 with free postage.

In my (humble) opinion it'd really be for the best to get a copy of it so you really understand basis of the diet and how and why it works.

is afitos in week 3 of attack....or week 3 cruising - if it's the latter - and including veggies can't see that being as dangerous as a 3 week attack phase :eek:

if you're still in attack hun - get onto cruise asap ! xx

Please be careful, Cathy. I really wouldn't advise any more than 7 days at a time. Have you tried the time-plan calculator in the official Dukan site? If so, how long did it recommend for your Attack phase to last?

You must be sure to take your oatbran, plenty of water and a good multi-vitamin tablet. Please don't risk damaging your health.

Me neither... attack really is tough on our bodies (particularly our intestins!!!)

Hi there,

and it's nice to see that you have the support from your GP!

Welcome and GOOD LUCK!!

Back