Where do you buy your oat bran?

glammam

Same as the title! Where do you buy your oat bran!!!! I'm on the verge of running out and was just wondering if you can buy it in tesco or holland and barrett? Was wondering where the cheapest is too xx

I've seen it in Tesco's (own brand) and Morrisons (Mornflake, I think) although not sure which works out best value. Also seen some in Holland and Barrett too but I think it may be a little dearer there . HTH :)

Yeah I get it from tesco not sure if that's cheapest though x

Tesco (own brand I think), Holland & Barrett, Sainsbury (Mornflake), Morrisons (ditto). Other helath food stores. Prices vary - H&B had a "buy one get on half price" offer on everything in store on last week.

Tesco (own brand I think), Holland & Barrett, Sainsbury (Mornflake), Morrisons (ditto). Other helath food stores. Prices vary - H&B had a "buy one get on half price" offer on everything in store on last week.

When I ordered online 2 weeks ago. Holland and Barrett were selling it for £1 per 500g bag.

I went to Holland and Barrett physically last week and bought the fine version (which I have yet to open). Can't wait to get rid of the coarse stuff :)

Yep Holland and Barrett fine cut is the best I have found - still have an emergency stock of Mornflake in case of emergencies but always keep a new bag in the cupboard!!! LOL! Can't bear to run out of vital ingredients!!! LOL!

I get it at the Plafar - Romanian version of a health store.
I have an emergency stock because last winter they were out... I had to buy it online and that was expensive.
So I always get a few extra bags... just in case!
We can't run out of it.
:)

Last edited:
Is there any difference in them does anyone know? Dukan has this complicated thing about it being ground and sifted right - is that just a marketing ploy do we think?! I've been using morn flake (2 for £3 at Waitrose a couple of weeks back) but no idea if it's fine, medium or coarse.

Is there any difference in them does anyone know? Dukan has this complicated thing about it being ground and sifted right - is that just a marketing ploy do we think?! I've been using morn flake (2 for £3 at Waitrose a couple of weeks back) but no idea if it's fine, medium or coarse.

From looking online, that brand has the coarse version.

Oat Bran - Extra Fine | Holland and Barrett

Medium is better to use personally I find my muffins have more bite to them H&B sell fine and medium. My book says if it's ssifted. Too fine it losses its goodness, I've used it for months now with losses but it's up to you if you want to use fine or medium :) x

I priced up before i started the diet. Morrisons was 1.49 per bag. Tesco was 1.99 and Holland and Barratt is 1.58 but they were doing second item half price, so i bought four bags and paid less than a fiver for it all.

H&B occasoinally have offers and you can collect points too. Morrisons is coarser and HB is fine, but I figure the fine (which I've just opened forporridge tomorrow) will be a nicer porridge and in cakes etc., it will work out smoother.

Wheatbran was from HB too.

i was a buyer of oatbran from the supermarket then i discovered a weigh n save shop it may be called select and save anyway its in town (helston cornwall), never been in there before i imagined grannys weighing out cornflakes and the like but actually its pretty cool well they sell oatbran at 20p for 100g i was well impressed so bought a shed load full lol xx

We used to have something similar in a few places here in Hull, but thats about 15 years ago. i loved it, also loads to chose from too.

might be worth a troll through, if it saves a bit of money LOL
thanks for link hun xx

Back