where/how did your OH propose to you ?

fillymum

synful soul
It was Big Bear saying her DH had proposed to her naked in a hotel room in Prague that prompted this thread.

Mine was not anything spectacular, but was very romantic.

It was my birthday and we were in our local with all our friends and his family. Paul is very, very shy ( I more than make up for him ) He suddenly got down on one knee, the place was packed, and asked me to be his wife. I was stunned. Of course I said yes.

That was the September and we married in Gibraltar in the same place John Lennon married Yoko Ono, in the November. It was lovely.

I wore a Linda Evans (Dynasty ) original that I loved.

It was a fabulous day.

It is our silver wedding in 2 months time and he still makes my tummy flip.

Mine was in July on holiday - we just had a lovely meal and decided to go for a quiet walk after. We were chatting then all of a sudden my OH got down on one knee with a ring. I had no idea he was proposing on our holiday - my parents did as he asked for my dad's blessing!

We've got our party booked for next month (could I get to target for then?!) and we're hoping to set a date for Summer 2012.

My hubby proposed Christmas day in 2006..he gave me a me to you bear which said "congrats on your engagement" and attached to the bear was an engagement ring. awww. he's never actually asked the four little words though, i still nag him about it four years later although we got married on valentines day 2009 xx

Ha ha mine wasn't very romantic compared to the rest of you!

Awww, what a great thread!

Mine was a bit of a long story. We had been together for about 8 months, and after christmas both of us had had a rotten stomach bug. We were supposed to be going out on NYE with friends and it was touch and go whether I would be well enough to go out at all. Anyway, long story short, his best friend hassled us ALL night about getting married, (he was quite drunk), saying that we should get married and he could be a bridesmaid, and we should go on honeymoon in a tour bus with lots of other hot bridesmaids for him on the trip too. We just laughed about it but he was quite insistent that it should be that way, and pointed out that DH should in fact propose the next day, because it would be the last 1st January in that century and therefore was super special. Anyway, one hangover and a day later, at 23.59, we were lying in bed watching a re-run of Airplane 2 and DH turned to me and said "So will you marry me then?" Obviously as I am referring to him as DH, I said yes and we got married on my birthday in Oct 2000. I went and got a v cheap dress ring from Index as a temporary engagement ring, (less than a tenner with a cubic zirconia!) and wore that until we chose one at some later stage. Coming up for 10 years next month since we got married, and never had a proper argument, only ever a comedy debate.

Aw yours are all so romantic!! Ours wasn't really - it was completely pre-planned to happen on Valentines day 2004 (it was my early birthday pressie), so he got down on one knee over breakfast in our shared student house and asked me - still got my tummy turning knots though!!
We then got married in May 2006 - our 4th Anniversary and are still mad about each other now!!
Love all your stories - they're fab

my fiancee, is a very romantic bear - well i think so anyways!!!

he proposed on our 999th day of being together - so on the 1000th day we would be an engaged couple!!!

He got my Dad's blessing before asking me (which was a task and a half as i am an only child and Daddy's little princess still!) plus I had no idea he had been to see my Dad either!!!

We went out for a romantic meal in our favourite restaurant (where we had been on our first date, and a few times since) and had a truly gorgeous meal and wine and then got a cab home.

When we arrived home i nipped to the loo (too much wine) and came into the lounge which he had set up with huge bouquet of flowers, champagne flutes and champers, all different photos of us on holidays and little gifts we had given each other over the last 999 days! There was music playing (our special song) and then he got down on one knee and asked me if I would do him the honour of being his wife.

The squeaky 'yes' and tears confirmed i was more than happy to oblige.

*sniff*

I love my man and cant wait to marry him next year! x

Me and the OH were out walking in the woods near his home and stopped on a hill over looking a lake I believe it was. He stopped and hugged me then just asked outright, I was so stunned I could barely look at him :p

We have been engaged for a few years and are looking into marrying in October 2011.

In a Greek Taverna on holiday. I was so surprised I said NO! - meaning, "OMG, no, do you really mean it?". He looked at me in horror, so I quickly put him out of his misery!!! ;)

My darling dh asked me and my son to marry him while going for a fitting for my son's artificial limbs.
As he had stood by us during my son's terrible illness, we knew he was the man for us!
My son practised very hard to walk ok on his "falsie" without falling over so he could give me away.

My darling dh asked me and my son to marry him while going for a fitting for my son's artificial limbs.
As he had stood by us during my son's terrible illness, we knew he was the man for us!
My son practised very hard to walk ok on his "falsie" without falling over so he could give me away.

*sob* you almost had me in tears!! thats so unbelievably sweet.

You all know how my OH did it as i only posted yesterday- but i love it.. and im super proud of him for doing and planning it all by himself with out me knowing it.

I cant wait to be missus bishop summer 2014 :D

Mine is too unromantic to belong here. Suffice to say, there was no special music or amazing flowers. But I said yes and I'm glad I did. :)

What a lovely, caring, amazing man he must be. Your son sound so special too.

hugs xxxx

Mine never did! 3 days after we met in the course of a conversation he said "when we're married!" We were married 3 months later and that was 38 years ago.

my fiancee, is a very romantic bear - well i think so anyways!!!

he proposed on our 999th day of being together - so on the 1000th day we would be an engaged couple!!!

He got my Dad's blessing before asking me (which was a task and a half as i am an only child and Daddy's little princess still!) plus I had no idea he had been to see my Dad either!!!

We went out for a romantic meal in our favourite restaurant (where we had been on our first date, and a few times since) and had a truly gorgeous meal and wine and then got a cab home.

When we arrived home i nipped to the loo (too much wine) and came into the lounge which he had set up with huge bouquet of flowers, champagne flutes and champers, all different photos of us on holidays and little gifts we had given each other over the last 999 days! There was music playing (our special song) and then he got down on one knee and asked me if I would do him the honour of being his wife.

The squeaky 'yes' and tears confirmed i was more than happy to oblige.

*sniff*

I love my man and cant wait to marry him next year! x

Stop it! I'm gonna cry again!

It was in November, and we were driving to Yorkshire for our 2nd anniversary of being together and were discussing Christmas pressies. Paul kept going on and on about getting me a new ring, and I knew what he was getting at, so I let him go on a bit more! Ha ha! Then we were at a Christmas do a few weeks later and word got about, and my friend got the DJ to announce it and made Paul get down on one knee properly! Of course I said yes!! :) My friends dad then bought us a couple of bottles of champers! We got married 5 years later. I called it my "seven year itch!" Ha ha!!

Mine never did! 3 days after we met in the course of a conversation he said "when we're married!" We were married 3 months later and that was 38 years ago.

Ahh, that's lovely! I love hearing stories like this, although they do concern me a little as I've known my OH for the best part of 20 years and he still flinches at the 'M' word!!

Back