Where is the damn ketosis fairy?! :o(

JanD

maintaining since June'09
Hi all :)

Having crept up a few lbs since before Christmas ... never quite losing all of the little gains from 'occassions' and then putting on 10lbs during a trip to Australia last month I decided to do a few weeks of Exante to 'sort it out'!!

I got a Bumper pack and started last wednesday which puts me at the end of day 5 right now.

When I lost all the weight on Lipotrim 2 years ago I never experienced any hunger when I started. No such luck this time! I am absolutely ready to eat my own arm most of the time. The only time I'm not hungry is for a few hours after a bar. Surely I should be in ketosis by now? :sigh:

I'm drinking enough water to float a small ship, each day I've had a glass of coke zero (no more than 500mls) and 1 cup of boullion except for yesterday when I didn't have any. I also drink black decaf coffee and green tea (plain, no lemon or jasmine or anything else)

Did anyone else wait a long time for ketosis to kick in? I'm not sure I can hack this if this hunger doesn't subside soon!

I had a sneaky weigh this morning hoping that the result would reassure me it's worth sticking at it. I've lost 4.6lbs since wed so that's okay at least! :eek:

Sorry for the long post and the moan - I guess I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance :rolleyes:

So many of you are doing so well, I don't want to give up - I'm not a quitter! ;) xx

For some people ketosis doesn't stop them feeling hungry but from what I've read on here thats pretty unusual. I didn't stop feeling hungry until I'd done a week so maybe your body's just taking time to adjust? Hang in there and keep drinking the water..... I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice and support from all the lovely peeps on here :)

Thank you :) .. I'll deffo give it at least the week with fingers crossed xx

JanD said:
Thank you :) .. I'll deffo give it at least the week with fingers crossed xx

I would give it more than a week there is so much to gain.

It does seems to take some time for some. I still find I am hungry when I am tired and drinking coffee seems to make me hungry too. But generally it's not an issue any more. I am sure different people take different times to adjust. Eventually you will not be hungry. But the sight and smell and memory of food can stimulate your dormant appetite and give you a nudge or a thump!!!

Focus on the end result and think about what it will be like when you have achieved your goals! it will all be worthwhile.

Good luck.
GSQ

Thanks GSQ :) - Fortunately I know about the benefits from LT 2 years ago, if I hadn't I doubt I could have stuck with it through the hunger! Thankfully I think I'm there now. Hunger hasn't been nearly so much of an issue yesterday and today. I'm really ready for my 'meal' when the time comes but I'm managing far better.

Looking forward to 1st wi tomorrow :)

Thanks for your support xx

JanD said:
Thanks GSQ :) - Fortunately I know about the benefits from LT 2 years ago, if I hadn't I doubt I could have stuck with it through the hunger! Thankfully I think I'm there now. Hunger hasn't been nearly so much of an issue yesterday and today. I'm really ready for my 'meal' when the time comes but I'm managing far better.

Looking forward to 1st wi tomorrow :)

Thanks for your support xx

Great news :) well done you sound really positive, glad it's going better :)

Well it WAS :(

Very disappointed with a 4.6lb loss. I know what you're thinking but as I said in my initial post that was my loss on Sunday when I weighed for incentive to ride out the hunger so I was expecting another couple of lbs in 3 more days.

I'm sticking at it in the forlorn hope it was a 'blip' for some reason and I have a better than expected 2nd wk wi ..... P'd off tho' :( xx

Oh Jan, please stick with it. You have so much less to lose this time round.

Compared to LT, I find my stomach still rumbling and feeling very empty on this. I never really had that on LT. Mind over matter me thinks!

The hunger side is not bad now Bev. But if I'm not going to get the results .... :(:( - still - another week at least xx

I think sticking with it for another week is a great idea.

I bet next week you get a great result.

fingers crossed :) xx

Back