Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

I bought one on eBay brand new for £99 (unwanted present) and can honestly say I use it virutally every single day for something.

Eveything from SW chips to roasted veggies and sauted butternut squash plus curries, chilli and all sorts of other stuff. All you need is a few squirts of Fry Light and you are good to go :)

It's marvellous and worth every penny (and another thing bought for myself from my no-smoking money :D)

If you have the cash, I would highly recommend it as a best buy every time.

Annya said:
I bought one on eBay brand new for £99 (unwanted present) and can honestly say I use it virutally every single day for something.

Eveything from SW chips to roasted veggies and sauted butternut squash plus curries, chilli and all sorts of other stuff. All you need is a few squirts of Fry Light and you are good to go :)

It's marvellous and worth every penny (and another thing bought for myself from my no-smoking money :D)

If you have the cash, I would highly recommend it as a best buy every time.

I have only ever made chips in. How would you make a chilli in it? This is interesting as would love to be able to throw it all in and let it do it's own thing x

I have only ever made chips in. How would you make a chilli in it? This is interesting as would love to be able to throw it all in and let it do it's own thing x

Easy peasy really..............

Bung all your ingredients in a big bowl and mix together thoroughly. Bung it all in the cooker - no need for any oil or Fry Light - set it for about 30-40 minutes and go and find something else to do....... simples :D

I do go back and check it every 15 minutes or so just to make it's not drying out - you can always add a bit of water or stock if it looks like it needs more. I've never needed too - just me being OCD I think ;)

Curries are pretty much the same, although if you are making a creamy one, don't add the ULF fromage fraise/ULF yoghurt until the end of the cook time otherwise it will curdle and that is just gross :jelous:

Enjoy :D

Just saw an ad for Currys and they have Tefal Actifry for £109!!!

I highly recommend it :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oooops! Despite my earlier comment I ended up thinking about this offer all day and finally bought one (on my credit card - ouch!). Just couldn't resist and it's such a good deal! I've read about reliability issues and if that concerns anyone Currys offer 3 years instant replacement insurance for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for £27.
Now off to make chips!! lol

Annya said:

Bung all your ingredients in a big bowl and mix together thoroughly. Bung it all in the cooker - no need for any oil or Fry Light - set it for about 30-40 minutes and go and find something else to do....... simples :D

I do go back and check it every 15 minutes or so just to make it's not drying out - you can always add a bit of water or stock if it looks like it needs more. I've never needed too - just me being OCD I think ;)

Curries are pretty much the same, although if you are making a creamy one, don't add the ULF fromage fraise/ULF yoghurt until the end of the cook time otherwise it will curdle and that is just gross :jelous:

Do u use the paddle for curries etc?

Mel2 said:
Oooops! Despite my earlier comment I ended up thinking about this offer all day and finally bought one (on my credit card - ouch!). Just couldn't resist and it's such a good deal! I've read about reliability issues and if that concerns anyone Currys offer 3 years instant replacement insurance for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for £27.
Now off to make chips!! lol

Yey!!! You joined the Actifry club :)

I think it's the old versions with the filter at the front that had a problem so don't worry yours is fine. I'm guessing you got some potatoes today too???

Tips for best chips SW way that actually taste near perfect.
Use Maris Pipers dryer so make fluffier chips.
Once chips cut rinse then rinse again about 5 times.
Dry off in a teatowel, then get another and dry off more.
Finally ditch the frylight and use your Hexb for 1 tbsp of olive oil, dont forget if two eating chips that is half a hexb 4 of you I don't count it.
Makes good roasties like this two, just cook longer.

Try all these things they are perfection.
I make chillies tikka masala in it. Paprika wedges are yum.
Happy Actifrying.

Annya said:

Omg I am loving this I so need to try this :)

Do u use the paddle for curries etc?

Yes, use it exactly the same way as you would for chips/roasies etc I think all the stirring makes for a better chilli TBH :D

Yey!!! You joined the Actifry club :)

I think it's the old versions with the filter at the front that had a problem so don't worry yours is fine. I'm guessing you got some potatoes today too???

You'd be guessing right! OMG I love it already! The chips were amazing. Only trouble is I did a full load and between 3 of us the portions were a bit stingy. Taste wise though I am so impressed!
Just a bit worried that all I'm going to eat is chips from now kn!

Mel2 said:
You'd be guessing right! OMG I love it already! The chips were amazing. Only trouble is I did a full load and between 3 of us the portions were a bit stingy. Taste wise though I am so impressed!
Just a bit worried that all I'm going to eat is chips from now kn!

Lol! Glad you liked it. We tend to overload ours - only weighed the potatoes once or twice. You have to try doing bns chips too - gorgeous :)

Lol! Glad you liked it. We tend to overload ours - only weighed the potatoes once or twice. You have to try doing bns chips too - gorgeous :)

Mmmm I love bns. Will deffo try that. Also celariac chips would be lovely cooked in it. Was worried about overloading it in case it ruins the motor or something.

pebbles67 said:
Tracy I got mine for £30 on eBay . So pleased i have one x

I know pebs I remember when you got it ,but every time I look on eBay I have no such luck !!
Will go on there in a min and look again,I really do want one :)

6 Pack of Velvet Crunch Crisps £1 at Asda :)

Back