Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

If you like liquorice/aniseed tea, have you tried the pukka after dinner tea?? Its really strong aniseed taste and smell!!

I love the pukka teas, I use the After Dinner Tea but there is also a liquorice & cinnamon one in a black box which is also lovely. Not the cheapest of teas but they are really nice. I am having the 3 ginger one in the morning and the night time one before bed, smells a bit funny but tastes nice. Ran out of the others and I only know of one place to get them and not been in a while!!!

Went to Waitrose for my food shop this morning (I get 15% staff discount so it makes sense) and offers I got:

Muller Lights 4 for £2 (my fridge is full!!)
Mug Shots 5 for £3
LoveLife range is all 3 for 2
Kiwi fruit 4 for £1
Twinings teas 3 for £3.50

Plus I got the Liquorice tea :) might try some soon... Plus I picked up a pack of Pukka Detox tea, so what with that and pineapple I shall be on the toilet a lot and hopefully a good loss next week haha!
Heres some pics of my shopping:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 105
I don't think Nimble counts as Hex B anymore just incase you didnt know...they've tweaked the Hex's! X
2 Slices Hovis Nimble Malted Wholegrain bread, 2 Slices Hovis Nimble Wholemeal bread, 2 slices Hovis Nimble Wholemeal bread (small 400g loaf) & 1 slice Hovis Wholemeal bread (800g thick sliced laof) is what's given as HEXB's in the new book

I tried the Twinings Liquorice tea and yuck! It doesn't have much of a taste or a smell but a horrible aftertaste! So I then tried a Pukka Detox tea and I must say its lovely- got a nice aniseed taste, but not too strong. Shall be ditching the liquorice and drinking the detox stuff me thinks x

Just ignore me I totally must have made that up about the bread ha! Sorry! X

Thats great. Can only get them in the health shop here and they are over 3euro

Not seen the pukka tea but you can get twinnings in Dunnes.. Some varieties can cheap enough..
Or Lidl n Aldi do nice detox teas for less than €2

that information about the bread is really good as I use the hovis one. Now I can take a sandwhich and only one slice will count as syns rather than the whole thing. Would you mind telling me how many syns are in one slice please. I'm guessing somewhere around 4

I`ve got the new 2013 book. It doesn`t give brand names but 1 slice of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf is 3 syns on all plans.
Hope that helps!

oh thank you, I use the medium so that's great. A sandwhich for uni at 4 syns filled with stuff, blessing!
Yea nothing like a bulging sandwich :)
Altho I had a chicken n pasta salad for lunch today packed out with free veg (peppers, sweetcorn, onion, tomato, cucumber) with 2 tablespoons of ex light mayo.. Whole thing was only 2 syns.. had lunch at 12:30 and still full!!!

In lidl they had skinny cow ice creams for 99p! (Box of 3) had the mint ones and caramel shortcake ones. Anyone tried the caramel ones before?

Back