Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Got 4 large chicken breasts in asda for £4.50 and a large chicken for £5, the breasts are cheap cos Paid about £4 for two last week! Thought I could just freeze two if I don't use them

I'm going to farmfoods tomorrow for the first time in about a year! Any suggestions what to look out for? (Not necessarily on offer but definitely SW friendly). Cheers for any advice :)

i know it can be certain stores...but i just got a box of Dorsets simply nutty muesli for £1.09 in B + M !
not had this before but i know 35g is a HEb so worth trying at that price!x

I'm going to farmfoods tomorrow for the first time in about a year! Any suggestions what to look out for? (Not necessarily on offer but definitely SW friendly). Cheers for any advice :)

They usually have huge crates of diet coke cans for about £6 I think! And their frozen veg is good to keep for back ups when you need it :)

Just popped in here to say ALDI is always, always great for veggies and fruit!! The Extra Lean mince is always on offer in LIDL also.. another bargain I found this week was Wheat Puffs 70p in home bargains! They are like Sugar puffs but obviously without the sugar & (you'll have to check the weight) but you are allowed a full bowl a day, or you can even snack on them throughout the day if you please! Home Bargains is also great for mugshots which are 33p there :)

Thanks, I didn't know lidl did extra lean mince. Be careful with the mugshots, we discussed at class tonight, many in non supermarkets have different ingredients and are synned. Sorry not sure where but there was a link on here somewhere too. But they may be ok. Xx

Farmfoods do 3 for £10 on salmon portions, chicken breasts and pork loins. All frozen and loads in the bag. Not sure on syns for pork loins but if free that would be ace! Need a bigger freezer lol

Today my Asda has Mugshots on rollback to 50p each and Hellmans Lighter than light new squeezy bottles for £1!!

Also, Baked Stars crisps (I only saw salt and vinegar & cheese and onion) and Hoops and crosses (only saw prawn cocktail) are all £1. May well have the other flavours but I saw these on the end of the aisle.

Anyone know where to buy the cheapest extra lean mince ? Some packets I've seen are nearly 5pound that lot to spend when I have a family of 5-7 to feed

Anyone know where to buy the cheapest extra lean mince ? Some packets I've seen are nearly 5pound that lot to spend when I have a family of 5-7 to feed
The 3 for £10 deals are a good buy, and can often mix and match with other stuff, like chicken breasts.

What are you using it for? If its spaghetti bolognaise or shepherds pie, or chilli con carne , quorn mince is fab, and you get 3 bags for £5 (or two for £3, can't remember which offer is current!) which is much more cost effective. We always use it in my house x

I cook my mince separate to my husbands and mother in laws...effort but I rather save the money by buying the single portions for myself for £3 in asda. I got the large large packs in asda last week reduced half price at 4pm, got about 6 of them and froze lol. Mince is always an expensive decision for me! Tend to cook mostly with chicken these days

I only ever buy extra lean mince for making burgers, if I'm doing spag bol, cottage pie, chilli ect. I use quorn mince as it works out loads cheaper and I prefer it now as well (also means I can have a green day and have two more healthy extra's)

I only ever buy extra lean mince for making burgers, if I'm doing spag bol, cottage pie, chilli ect. I use quorn mince as it works out loads cheaper and I prefer it now as well (also means I can have a green day and have two more healthy extra's)

Should give it a go, can only remember quorn tasting awful but thats been years ago since I bought it last

great idea about quorn mince. will give it a go in my chilli as i am the only one in my house who likes it. if it saves me money bargin.:)

Back