where to start

parkerela

hi all,im looking to start dukan tmrw but i dont have the book as yet and i dont know where to start im reading so many different things on the internet its blowing my mind.can someone tell me what to buy to start the 1st phase.i did cambridge diet and lost 4 1/2 stone ive kept it off but want to lose another stone or maybe bit more and cant face living on milkshakes again i think this diet will suit me and would appreciate any tips and advice pls :)

your best bet is to get the book ...do you have oatbran ready as you must have that ..you will need to be really prepared with the foods ready

Hi, parkerela. I know that impatient feeling of wanting to start right away, but in order for this diet to work properly (and it can work fantastically well), it's best to be fully prepared. If I were you, I'd definitely wait until the book arrives. When is it due?

If i was you, i would cut back on carbs slowly until the book comes and then it shouldnt be such a shock to your system, well done on loosing all that weight i tried CD but couldnt stick to it!

Definitely wait for the book. Then read at least up to the end of the section on cruise. Then plan some meals & do your shopping. Stock the fridge and freezer with plenty of the allowed ingredients. Use the next few days to empty your cupboards of all the non dukan friendly items or at least sort it all out so everything that's not allowed on the diet goes into one cupboard that you will stay away from once you start. You can also have a really good look around the forum - you might see some recipes you like the look of and pick up some great tips.

Preparation is really key on dukan, so you have to make sure you're totally ready to start. I would not advise starting tomorrow before you're prepared. Much better to wait till you're ready, and the results in your first week after being prepared will be better than if you start and make mistakes because you're not ready.

parkerela - That's a really brilliant post from Emmma (above). Once you start losing weight, you'll see that all of the prep work is well worth it. Not only that, on this diet you lose FAT, rather than muscle tissue. I've ended up leaner and more toned than for a very long time, plus all of my cellulite is gone!

Believe me, you'll be glad you prepared when you see those results! :)

Back