Where's my energy gone?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Sez, 11 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    After joining LL I was buzzing, so much energy. Why now am I totally pooped all the time, and hungry lots too?

I even dozed off on the sofa after work today, about 4.30, before I had even thought of feeding the kids etc!

I feel just exhausted all the time & my stomach feels very sore too.

Is it time for real food or is my chatterbox trying to win again??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Tell me about it Sez - I'm absolutely pooped at the moment.

I have noticed that my caffeine intake went through the roof (for me) on holiday. I was having the equivalent of 4 or 5 cups a day and I know that this can deplete real energy levels.

Maybe it's the weather - I wonder if the weird ketosis thermostat has problems coping when it gets warmer. Not sure. But I'm not sleeping enough at the moment. Look after yourself. Maybe do a bit of exercise to lift your endorphins and try getting to bed an hour earlier.

4. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

I felt like that last week, couldn't do anything as I was just shattered all the time ...... stick with it and hopefully it will soon pass. It has for me = this week I feel almost human :)

Cath

5. In search of me

In search of me Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I have felt much better after the "milk week". I dot think it was my chatterbox, just me old bod needing a bit of oomph. Plus recognised that I was overdoing things a bit so have slowed down aand feel much better! Also started taking multivitamin & drinking at least 1, preferbly 2, marigold stocks a day. Not sure which has worked but I feel 100% better than I did before....HTH & you feel better soon!

6. Cherry Plum

Cherry Plum One day at a time

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    lighter life
    Hey Sez, I'm always tired & exhausted, I want to sleep for England, I have no energy for the gym.
    The stairs kill me every day.
    I'm not motivated to do any housework or do anything outside the home.
    Hopefully we'll feel better in management.
    I'm always hungry, but I think that is the chatterbox.

7. Heaven can wait

Heaven can wait Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    hiya Sez me too completely totally knackered! No engergy at all and I have been in revision hell so not been posting , really missed you guys. The only good thing is not been COLD ! first time since I started my hands and feet feel like they belong to the rest of my body instead a penguin in the north pole!
    Hope things improve .
    night night

8. Tiger Girl

Tiger Girl Full Member

Sez, I tried some iron (already in water in sachets) and that really helped me. I only took it for a few weeks back in week 4/5 maybe, and haven't had to take it since.
    Overall, I find that there is no way to track the peaks and troughs on the energy levels front. It doesn't seem to make a difference what time I eat, or how much water I drink, sometimes I'm knackered and sometimes I'm hyperactive. All a bit exhausting in itself really :D

9. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Thanks so much everyone, at least I know I'm not alone in this! Just got home from work, and had a strawberry shake (hot... I love it, sort like a warm blancmage!) Still feeling ab. starving and dog tired!

OH reckons its the weather, could be I suppose! The only good thing is, like HCW,
    I am not cold at the mo. Warm hands and feet...quite a novelty!

10. In search of me

In search of me Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Good that you've feeling better! It is very up and down but we've just got to remember thats its temporary!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.