Which bars are nicest?

DebbieMiller1981

I am going to try the bars this week... wanted to take one of each to see which I like but CDC doesn't stock bars as none of their other clients have them so they are going to order a couple of boxes for me to buy some. I have ordered choc and toffee but wondered what the bars are like? Do they taste anything like anything else you've ever had? and which are nicest flavours? any to avoid?
Thanks in advance :) xx

I love the Peanut Crunch ones, they're pretty much helping me over my peanut butter addiction lol. The cranberry ones are okay, but they have funny soya bits in them, takes some getting used to. I like most of them to be honest, but I find the non-crunchy ones quite hard to swallow for some reason. My next fave is the choc orange. I think you need to try them all and make your own decisions. xxx

I have tried the cranberry, choc orange, toffee and peanut ones. And would only have the peanut one again and even then it was only just okay. Although a friend of mine loves the cranberry one.

I love the cranberry ones. They give me terrible wind tho!! They are like a chewy muesli type bar - to me they taste oaty with bits of cranberry in, covered in chocolate.
I have the toffee ones but find the only way I can eat them is straight from the fridge and sliced into slithers. Otherwise they leave a funny taste. I have heard people liken them to a finger of fudge, don't see it myself!
These are the only ones I have really bothered with.

Well I have ordered 3x cranberry and 3x toffee and if I like them, I will ask CDC to order me some different flavours. They are going to order them from HO tomorrow and should be with me by weds. Quite looking forward to them as I am not keen on the soups or porridges so as much as I like the shakes, will be good to actually chew something! x

I don't really like the cranberry ones they have a funny soya taste to the but they are ok.
My fave are choc orange (taste a little like terry choc orange), toffee and peanute crunch (taste abit like snickers)
I know you shouldn't but I put them in the freezer for 10-15mins.

my favs are the peanut and the orange.
theyre both really lovely.

i ordered 2 of each of those and 3 caramel ones. i was disappointed a bit with them tho.

the peanut ones last for ages.

I LOVE them all except the cranbery one , but then I hate cranberry anyway !!! I find the cranberry and peanut ones very hard work , they make my jaw ache so dont have them often . I love the toffee , orange , chocolate and like the caramel ones too .. think you really need to try them all if you can as everyone is soooo different !!!

Do you think I would be able to get the bars from another CDC in the area as my current one doesn't stock them and I am not sure how they would feel about ordering a box of each when it's only me that wants to try them!? xx

I like them all. Having said that, some of them have taken time to get used to them.

I always pop the chewy ones in the freezer for 10 mins prior to eating (I chop them up into little pieces first)

I love the Cranberry and also the Choc Orange. I actually loathe the malt toffee ones as I think they are really salty tasting and leave a horrible taste afterwards. I haven't tried the others.

Isn't it funny how everyone's tastes are different!

my fav is peanut. the cranberry one tastes like bubbalicious bubble gum :D i like the choc orange too but it repeats on me when i exercise.

i hate the rest. the choc is horrid, the toffee is horrid, etc etc all far too sweet and far too salty. makes me feel sick.

Did everyone like the bars from the start or did u start liking them after a while? I really want to like them but so far have been disappointed by them. I might give choc orange another try next week as its usually one of my fav things.

Only bar I like is malt toffee. The choc orange gave me terrible trapped wind and I thought the cranberry was just horrible.
I think the malt toffee is a bit like the chewy bit in a mars bar that's under the caramel. You'll need to try to decide which one you like as everyone is so very different!

Tried the toffee one today and it was YUM! Got the cranberry one to try too tomorrow x Gonna order choc orange and maybe the choc ones next week x

Choc ones are yummy if they have been in the freezer for 10 mins. Almost as good as the real thing - but not quite lol

Back