Step 1 Sole Source Which day did you find the worst in your first week?

Hollow

I am on Day 4 and I found it really tough today. My CDC reckons I'll be much better tomorrow. When did everyone else feel their energy come back/not feel hungry?

On a better note I had my first drop in tonight and 5lbs gone!:)

I think its all down to habbit I'm on day 10 now and I've just got used to it. I feel hungry at times but I've got used to it. Have you got the sticks? As soon as I knew I was in ketosis I felt better it was a good boost!

i found around day 4-5 the hardest as thats the main time your body withdraws from carbs

Day 5 now and it's not getting any easier. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better. It's testing my resolve!

Keep yourself busy and your eyes on the prize :) I replace food with treating myself or going out and doing something like the cinema :) each week I make it I buy myself something little as a treat.

I'm three weeks in. My first weekend was the worst & didn't help with it being bank holiday! Feels quite normal now bit eating or even thinking about eating ha!

Start weight 16 stone 8.5 lbs
Messed about with WW
Start LL 29.4.13 16st 3 lbs
WK 1 - 8lbs
WK2 - 3lbs
WK2.5 - started CD lost another 2lbs

Total 18.5 lbs

Definitely day 4 for me. My tip would be to drink sparkling water and I find peppermint or green teas are also good. Hot drinks now really fill me up, bizarrely!

I've just about passed 48 hours :D I'm slightly worried about day 4/5 as people are saying this is hardest, and its taken most of my focus to get this far :D Any tips for surviving the dreaded 4/5th day blues? :D

Sleep! ;) or keep yourself busy. Do stuff you like to do. Pamper yourself... Or at least Change your routine so you can avoid temptation as far as possible.

Heheh sounds like a plan - I love sleeping :D And pampering sounds excellent too :D Thanks so much for your advice *hug* :D

No probs. :) I'm convinced most of the hard bits about this diet are the tricks our mind tries to play on us...but it can be tough as your body changes so I figure it's good to be gentle on yourself especially in the beginning. I don't mean by cheating, but by doing anything you enjoy except eating! ;) hot drinks like peppermint/green tea are good too. X

Hi I am on day 2 of CD this time round, last time was a few years ago so I've forgotten how it felt! Not too bad so far, not too hungry and no headaches yet. I have been drinking lots of black coffee and water but really fancy something different, peppermint tea sounds good - haven't got any though so will have to stick to coffee.x

hey,
I'm slightly worried about this day 4 blip as well. But I agree that it is all in my mind. I have a whole list of rented films I have to watch! got bubble bath that needs used. Found a jigsaw site online to do puzzles. Got books to read, all else fails I have house work.

To day I went out to a vingage clothing fare. So I had my soup for breakfast, it was the chicken and mushroom so that was nice. I spent all day sipping watter, slowly going round the clothes. I got home at tea time, had a mango shake ( it was horrid lol ) Since then I have been listing to an audio book while slowly doing bits round the house.

The up side if needing the loo all the time as its a good reminder not to over do the walking about lol Though in town I quite like sitting watching the world go by.
Tomorrow I plan to do my do my nails in any free time I have, I have been trying new hair up do's from ( i dont know if I'm alowed to say) the tube site that has loads of videos. So when I have a new me I can have a new hair style :D maybe a new one every day at this rate. But it does keep my hands and mind buisy not eating.

I'm ok for energy but only on day two. I'm starving all the time though, I was saying yesterday the sofa was looking tasty!!

Thankyou Wiggly! Those are awesome suggestions :D And indeed, brains can be mean, but distracting is good! :D Perhaps i shall go to teh day spa, hehehe :D Or, finish my knitting :D

peppermint tea sounds delish as well holidaygirl :D well done for re-starting! :D

Awww Firelass - I tripped up on my third day (yesterday) and ate, and I was at absolute below zero, I totally thought I was going to give up- I even got as far as emailing my CDC to tell her- but this morning I woke up and realised that wasn't really what I wanted to do... I reeeeeally wanted this :D More than anything :D And i've been back on plan today and i'm fine :D (Day 4) It is a huge adjustment but if you feel bad, try to distract yourself with some of the lovely things Wiggly said, also, this thread helped me a lot:

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/12475-50-reasons-lose-weight-those-low-moments.html

Hugs to you, I hope your day is going well :D x

I was just so ill I don't think I could have eaten. It does get easer, I don't feel hungry at all today.
I think it is good to sleep on things. Take a step back, think about it, write it down, or record yourself talking about it. Really think about what you want to do and why you are doing it. We will choose to be healthy woooo :D :D *best motivating voice*

What are you knitting? I have a pattern for a dog thats too hard. So I might start on something easer. My gran taught me to knit when I was little. I remembered how to cast on kitt and cast of so that is good. Now I think I should knit something. Thinking just a patchwork blanket with loads of different patterns. Just to get into the way of how to follow the patterns.

Awww bless you - I am super glad you are feeling better today! :D And those are super good ideas. Sleep helps an awful lot - I sometimes think of it as 'resetting' myself because that's what it feels like :D

I've only just started learning to knit! :D At the moment it's a shapeless mass, but i'm working on making longer and longer shapeless masses until I get something that might vaguely resemble a scarf! :D Yay! xD Hehehe. A patchwork blanket sounds awesome! :D I got the cutest wool in a store yesterday, its sooo soft and lovely, and its pink and yellow and purple :D I love it, heheh! :D

Awww I bet you are! :D Creativity can be icky sometimes :D My imagination goes off on its own sometimes... I have to try and catch it! D: Hehehe :D

I guess that's the challenge...catching creativity and channelling it successfully...I'm thinking there are too many 'c's in my sentence! ;) x

Back