Which diet is best??

emem2323

Hi everyone

I have yoyo dieted for years now and just want to find something I can stick to that will give me positive results.

I have done Slimming World on and off for about 2 years, however I am hearing lots about this 5:2 diet....and then there is always calorie counting? I just don't know which one to start tomorrow.

Has anyone had experience of doing any of these diets and if so, which did they feel gave the best weight loss each week?

I know the SW diet so well now and I think maybe I'm getting bored, however I also know it works and you can eat copious amounts of certain foods which suits me whereas I am not sure that the starvation days on the 5:2 diet will agree with me.

Any advice and recommendations greatly appreciated xxx

I think everything is so individual so the only choice is to experiment on yourself. For example, I tried SW no cheating but it didn't work for me at all. My friend who was not even very fat initially just lost 16kg on Dukan, but when I read it I think it's not entirely for me so chose somewhat similar Atkins but more to my taste. If no results in two weeks will probably try 5:2 as heard a lot about it too and really like that I can have some variety on it during non fasting days - craving fruits like crazy now...Good luck! I hope you will chose something that will work for you!

Thanks. Its so hard isn't it? There are so may different diets out there to choose from. Good luck to you too x

I must admit I did do ww but too much faffing around for me and around family meals but started doing slimming world at home can't afford classes just haven't got the spare cash and its a lot more family friendly for meals and the recipes on this website are fantastic not too expensive either after the first shopping bill which was where I bought all the spices but hubby says this months shopping bill was a lot cheaper than we normally spend and even he says he doesn't feel as bloated as he had and can tie his laces up without being out of breath and that is always a bonus.

I think its definitely a case of finding something that works for you. I thought I'd tried everything in the book - Weight Watchers, Herbalife, hiring a personal trainer, XLS medical booster tablets, the lot. Then I found Secret Diet Drops in June and they've changed everything for me! Its a very tough diet but the results are so obvious very quickly that finding motivation is easy, especially when you are losing up to 2lb every day! I dropped more than a stone on it in the space of 15 days and despite going on holidays I haven't put it back on.
Its a tough diet, its low cal, no carbs/no dairy/no sugar but I have loads of energy and am losing weight very quickly. Its not a long term plan (it would be impossible to stick to) but its a great kick start. I plan on continuing with it until I reach my goal and then starting WW to maintain.

I definitely think you'll find motivation when you find the perfect diet for you. I thought I was a hopeless case but having a plan that works is such a relief! Keep trying new ones until you find one that's perfect for you and you'll be surprised at how motivated you'll become.

Best of luck :) xx

Back