Which gelatine to make trifle...?

Kitteh

Resident geek
Hey guys and gals.. sorry for asking.. i pure hate it when people dont search for things before they ask.. but i did search n couldnt find it.. lol

What make of gelatine do you use when you make the trifle.. for those who dont use the mix a mousse.. MAM makes my jelly frothy.. which in turn makes me sick.. lol.. and i heard there was a one which didnt make it froth..

Muckle wanna go buy some.. cos i was trifle today.. hehe.. thanks guys..

x x x

Hi Kitteh,

Yeah it is supercook gelatin, make sure you buy it from tescos or asda... I was quite annoyed, I've been buying it from somerfield (£1.09) just found it in tesco £0.39!!!!

Enjoy - I am addicted to my trifle..

Love

no way.. thats not even just a teenie differene.. my god..!!! i think im gonna go to asda to look for it.. im just totally craving having some.. im sooooo excited. hehe!!!!!

x x

30p in asda.

how do you make it up?
is it the gelatine leaves?

no the powder hun

when i make a moose i put the shake powder and gelatine powder together in a jug add 180mls cold water and whisk for about a min then put it in the fridge a 5mins.

if i was making the trifle.. which i am.. lol.. so i dont know why i wrote if.. how long does it usually take for it to set? im getting impatient here..!!! lol..

x x

The jelly takes a while, I usually make mine the night before and then whisk my mousse on the day pour it on the top and I leave it about an hour....

I am very very impatient too, I make it into 3.. little ramekins... I also use tetra's for my mousse...

Love

i see.. im really looking forward to this.. might have to wait till tomorrow for it though.. i thought about putting it into ramekins.. but then i just shuved it into a pyrex bowl.. lol..
I thought about using a chocolate pack.. like.. erm.. the sachet..

x x

Back