which is better - 1/1 or 5/5

CheeseGirl

Gold Member
Hello all! Started attack phase yesterday and am now reading the cruise phase of the book. I'd like some opinions on which scheme is better/easier to do/faster losses - the 1/1 or the 5/5.
Have any of you done both and found one to be better than the other? I've still got 3 days of attack left but want to be prepared. Any suggestions are appreciated :)

Its your call, I really hated attack so I did 1/1 just to break it up a bit, i wouldnt be able to cope with 5 days of PP but some people do 5/5 to use up veg in bulk etc

I'm doing 5/5 for ease of shopping. Although I can't quite get quantities right. Have had to throw out some produce and now wondering if 1/1 might be better. One reason I went with 5/5 is to prevent boredom. Thinking, contrary to most, the goal of having vegetables would keep me motivated and add something new for the next few months. That part is working in that I'm always looking forward to pv days. And also looking forward to pp days because of the weight loss. Each cycle of pv causes so far a gain of a pound or more. It comes off after a pp day, but if you go that route, be prepared! It otherwise can be discouraging. There was a great graph that showed individual day's upticks within the larger picture of constant downward trending.

Again, I kinda like the irregular, surprise, getting bored easily with things remaining the same.

Either way, the weight averages out to be the same supposedly. It's what is easiest for you to maintain. And, I believe, can be changed as long as there thecdays are kept fairly equal without more pp days than pv.

5/5 used to be his favoured alternance but then he noticed that the weight loss wasn't noticeably different to the 1/1, yet the side effects less welcomed (5PPs on the trot tend to errrr bind you up somewhat ;)), and it can get very boring...

Perhaps you might consider starting with the alternate days, or 2/2, and see how you get on... Some prefer 4 x PPs Mon to Thurs, followed by PVs Fri to Sun to have veg at the weekend when it's easier to be sociable. Also this rhythm enables you to accept a dinner invitation four weeks in advance without needing to check which day it'll be for you!

Good luck!

Monday - Thursday sound good for pp i might hive that one a go i only have 2 days left of attack 3 if you include today :)

I do 1/1.... after attack you will welcome the veg with open arms ;) ... if im going out for dinner fridays or saturdays ill swap around and have 2pp or pv depending what im doing

It really is whatever works best for you but personally I don't think I could do 5/5 - love my PV days too much but I also have 3PV days to 4 PP days a week.

I do 1/1 as I could have major issues with transition - I love veg a lot, actually so excited for cottage pie for lunch and a salad tonight. :)

Welcome to the Dukan forum Cheesegirl - Dukan is the best diet ever in my opinion that is ;)

Back