Which Low Carb?

MandyMoo77

I'm currently doing Cambridge (was a consultant until recently so using all packs). Got enough to last me until mid may but if I carry on as I'm doing I will still have 3 stone to lose. Low carb really suits me - I feel fab!

Any recommends what to move onto? Was thinking Atkins but finding good UK information and menus has drawn a blank.

I don't do well having to weigh food or cook 'properly' (I went straight from my mums to the Army! What can I say!).

have you thought of dukan not much weighing and low carb low fat

scrumper said:
have you thought of dukan not much weighing and low carb low fat

Never heard of it until coming on here! Will have to check it out as the high fat content of Atkins worries me a bit (but I love meat so not that much!).

Hi Mandy, Saw your post and was soo delighted, really could give you such a big hug as you have quoted something that I have been wanting to say for such a long time -
I know everybody has their own personal choice but, as you say, in the end it will come down to eventually coming to terms and dealing with a proper eating programme. I applaud you for having stood your ground on that issue even tho' it meant giving up your position as a leader.

Do hope you will find something that suits you and wish you all the very best...:)

Thank Emmaline

I loved being a consultant too! Some of the harrowing reasons clients told me about their reasons for weight gain really made me realise that more help needs to be available.

I'm starting college in September doing Psychology and also hypnotherapy! Hopefully I'll have better tools to help!

Got to get myself sorted first!

Hi Mandy - ive done both diets (atkins and Dukan). have a look over on the atkins and dukan boards and ask away there are lots of people to help!

Hi Mandy - definately Atkins - its easier, BUT Dukan was quicker. but i couldnt stabilize on dukan - like my cheese and alcohol too much!

Never heard of it until coming on here! Will have to check it out as the high fat content of Atkins worries me a bit (but I love meat so not that much!).

There's been a lot of critical press about Dukan lately. It is said to be nutritionally unsound, to say the least.

I would think again if I were you. Dukan is very restrictive and few here seem to have stuck to it for any length of time.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do x

Hi Mandy - definately Atkins - its easier, BUT Dukan was quicker. but i couldnt stabilize on dukan - like my cheese and alcohol too much!

LOL yeah I can totally understand that! You and others here did seem to lose very fast at first on Dukan but I bought and read the book and frankly I think Atkins is far superior for real ordinary everyday life.

Being vegetarian, Dukan is no good to me but I like to keep up to date with the latest diet fads - and I do think Dukan falls into that category.

To those who love it - fine! Glad you have found what really suits you x

See, I don't get why it's nutritionally unsound compared to Atkins. Reading both books you get a lot mire variety with Dukan which can only be good, right? I mean, Atkins seems to me to be 2/3's green veg and meat with a but of hard cheese for good luck where Dukan recipes contain veg, fruit, some dairy and meat.

I could have that entirely wrong though!

Dukan doesnt contain fruit (apart from rhubarb), whereas once on owl you can have berries on atkins, dairy and loads of veg!
Dukan is good - but stabilizing on it proved to be impossible for me. adding a little bread in or fruit after getting to goal when i dont particularly like it anyway was just irritating me LOL.
best thing to do is loan the books from the library and decide :D

Lol! Thank you! I have all the books - I've got to be sure to pick the right one because this is the last diet I'll ever do!

It sounds like wishful thinking, I know but I'm very stubborn! This is only the 3rd time I've dieted in my life - only, I now realise, because I had a very physically demanding job. The first diet I did through Weight Watchers and lost all the 2 stone I put on but got sick off counting and measuring so when I got pregnant I stopped. Second diet was after baby and I'd put on 5 stone (was used to carb overloading in job and found it a hard habit to break). Lost all on Cambridge but with no long term plan available....

So here I am. 7 weeks on a VERY restrictive diet and doing it 100% without much difficulty (all in my head!).

I think Dukan is for me!

Ps - fruit on Dukan. Kept reading 'add lemon juice' in the recipe book!! Lol! I know it's not exciting but it's fruit!! ;-)

Back