Which Ribena plus?

Just had a live chat with s&s and sadly no we cant have Ribena plus as it has too much sugar oh well never mind just glad I checked.

I have a pint a day of the red ones and it has made zero difference to my weight loss and a big difference to my water intake! I make it up weaker than it says and don't over do it.

The blackcurrant one and the raspberry and apple one only have malic acid, the mixed berries one DOES have citric acid in (in addition to Malic acid).

Not sure if whoever you spoke to thought you meant normal ribena which is high in sugar?

Here's the nutritional info of the no added sugar Ribena plus... Ribena Plus

Nutrition Information

Typical values per 100ml, Energy (kj/kcal) 13/3, Carbohydrates (g) 0.5 of which sugars (g) 0.5
Ingredients
(after dilution): Water, Blackcurrant Juice from Concentrate (6%), Malic Acid, Vitamins (A,C, E), Sweeteners (Aspartame, Acesulfame K), Flavourings, Preservatives (Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulphite), Colour (Anthocyanins). Contains a source of Phenylalanine.

Here's the nutrional info on regular Ribena...

Nutrition Information

(After dilution 1 part with 4 parts water), Typical values per 100ml, Energy (kJ) 181, Carbohydrate (g) 10.5 of which sugars (g) 10.5
Ingredients
(after dilution): Water, Sugar, Blackcurrant Juice from Concentrate (5%), Citric Acid, Vitamin C, Preservatives (Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Bisulphite), Colour (Anthocyanins). Product before dilution contains 22% juice. Contains no artificial colours, artificial flavours or sweeteners.

I def specified Ribena plus & she said they'd been having quite a few enquires about this but it was not on the recommended list. Unfortunately being so new to this I'm paranoid about knocking myself out of ketosis that I need to, for my own sake, follow the plan to the letter.

Back