Which should I follow?

Hello all, am new to this forum - been very helpful so for as I have lurked for a while :)

Ok i'm determined this time to loose as much weight as I can before christmas and I think slimming world will work..

Im shopping tomorrow and want to get rid of everything I shouldn't be having - so not tempted to rummage around the cupboards.

I have millions of questions but not sure where to put them - so I will start with asking which plan do you think I should be on? (as I dont know very much about each)

The problem is I would happily not eat anything as long as I could have something sweet each day (any sweets or chocolate) which plan would I be best on? Im not a big breakfast or lunch person - my main downfall is 6pm onwards...

You get the same syn allowance and sweet things are generally contain the same amount of syns on each plan so it wouldn't really matter. Though I would deffinitley recomend Extra Easy!

I only do green days as Im vegetarian. I always eat breakfast now which I never did before. I eat quite alot each day & Im never hungry. I always use all 15syns ( I have about 5 stone to lose) I'll have something like a Ripple 9syns, Options hot choc drink 2 syns & a 'pkt' of skips 4syns everynight about 8.30pm & I really look fwd to it. I've lost 9lb in 3 weeks. All 3 plans def work just depends on which one suits u best but u can chop & change. Good luck & welcome x

Same question.... different thread!!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/239938-extra-easy-vs-original-green.html

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/236733-red-green-plan.html

there are loads of these types of thread - they all come to the same conclusion. Everyone has a different opinion and do what suits you

Oops. As I said, still new to this whole forum thing! I guess its really helpful to have opinions from people that know a lot more about slimming world than myself.

You get the same syn allowance and sweet things are generally contain the same amount of syns on each plan so it wouldn't really matter. Though I would deffinitley recomend Extra Easy!

I only do green days as Im vegetarian. I always eat breakfast now which I never did before. I eat quite alot each day & Im never hungry. I always use all 15syns ( I have about 5 stone to lose) I'll have something like a Ripple 9syns, Options hot choc drink 2 syns & a 'pkt' of skips 4syns everynight about 8.30pm & I really look fwd to it. I've lost 9lb in 3 weeks. All 3 plans def work just depends on which one suits u best but u can chop & change. Good luck & welcome x

Thanks! I'm going to get cracking with extra easy I think (I hadn't realised it was 15 syns either, thought it was only 10) which is always good news! :D

I have quite a few stone to lose therefore I give myself 15syns but some people find they lose quicker by sticking between 5-10syns. Just depends what works for you.

MrCharmed said:
Tbh though I dont know anyone in real life who has the full 15 syns so would stick to 10 if I was you x

Not sure what u mean by that! I'm real enough & enjoy my 15 syns per day. Lost 9lb in 3 weeks so obv working for me :)

Tbh though I dont know anyone in real life who has the full 15 syns so would stick to 10 if I was you x

MrCharmed, lots of us on here have the full 15 syns - including target members. The plan is 5-15 syns, so if you want the full 15 then you can :) I often do!

Im not a big breakfast or lunch person - my main downfall is 6pm onwards...

Just a thought, but if you're not eating much for breakfast or lunch, that's probably why you're starving post 6 o'clock. I used to think that skipping breakfast, and sometimes lunch, would make me lose weight - but it didn't. It just made me snack on chocolate and crisps on my way home from work, and then eat a massive dinner and pudding later in the evening.

Good luck on whatever SW plan you decide on - I do extra easy, and it works great for me :D

The problem is I would happily not eat anything as long as I could have something sweet each day (any sweets or chocolate) which plan would I be best on? Im not a big breakfast or lunch person - my main downfall is 6pm onwards...

If I had one tip for success, mine would be to eat breakfast. I was exactly the same as you, then got home at 6pm and ate. But as well as doing SW, my collegue is a sports health/nutritionist and he explained to me (in great detail) how the body functions and why breakfast is so important.

So I have changed, I still couldn't eat a huge cooked breakfast like some do, but I do have at least an alpen light bar and fruit just to get me going in the morning... it seems to have worked!

If I had one tip for success, mine would be to eat breakfast. I was exactly the same as you, then got home at 6pm and ate. But as well as doing SW, my collegue is a sports health/nutritionist and he explained to me (in great detail) how the body functions and why breakfast is so important.

So I have changed, I still couldn't eat a huge cooked breakfast like some do, but I do have at least an alpen light bar and fruit just to get me going in the morning... it seems to have worked!

I'm certainly going to make myself eat breakfast! are alpen light bars free? or healthy extra instead of cereal?

I normally have between 10 and 15 syns a day. If I start to plateau further down the line, then I'll cut them back, but whilst I'm losing weight, I'm going to enjoy them!

Back