Which weight on scales? Day/night?

alicia912

Hey not sure if this has been posted before but I wanted to ask when you weigh yourself do you weigh yourself in the morning or in the evening? I'm different weights I literally go up by 2.5lb in the evening! Not sure which to go by x

Same here. I wake up thursday mornings, go to the toilet, strip off and jump on the scales then I shower.

Your weight can go up during the day - I asume because your body is still digesting the food. But I have found the next morning its back to the same or its gone down more. (im terrible at weighing myself everyday :-/ )

Always in the morning and preferably after I've been to the loo, but that depends on whether my bowels decide to perform before I have to head off for work or not!

I weigh in the morning on a monday before i go to class and after i have got washed and dressed x

I always weigh of a morning prefer the results I get lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Always in the morning, think thats the most accurate..x..

It really doesn't matter which one you go for - just as long as you stick to the same time week-in week-out your losses will be accurate. And that is really what matters rather than the actual number on the scales.

Thanks everyone! I've kind of got into the habit of weighing myself everyday grr can't help it :/ LOL

what just once a day - i have formed the habit of at least 4 times a day - i fluctuate tremendously anywhere between 2 and 5lbs - but always get the lowest reading in a morning:p

Ohhhhh my liiiiiife yes! :p :D Every morning first thing, then after first, uh, loo appearance :eek: (which usually corresponds with end of first coffee), then various points thru the day... Also if I wake in the night for the loo I cant be guaranteed not to hop on :eek:

Also each 'weigh in' usually means 3 goes on the scales to average out, so they're quite variable... im quite insistent on 2 identical readings before Ill accept it :D

Still at the end of the day I accept the readings in the week have no guarantee on the weekly reading. I do think it probably helps my intake if Im having a slow week tho :)

At our class there is a lady who takes an exercise class before image therapy and then one after image therapy.

A few weeks ago she commented on the fact that we weigh less in a morning than any other time of the day. She stated that the reason is you lose upto 2 litres of fluid overnight, that is why sometimes especially in winter your windows in your bedroom may be steamed up in the morning.

At the moment I have to weigh in the evening which I hate. It's really just how much you've eaten in a day rather than how much you've actually lost.
In a few months I'm going to be able to join a group in the morning YAY.

I belong to a group that weighs in on a Monday evening - it's not good!!! I have to really behave myself over the weekend otherwise the result would be bad! As it's in the evening as well I watch myself gain weight during the day. I still eat/drink during the day - some of the group go on a fast beforehand. Really looking forward to tomorrow (not!).

Back