• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Which weight on scales? Day/night?

kerry2285

Silver Member
S: 18st11.5lb C: 18st11.5lb G: 12st12lb BMI: 43.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Same here. I wake up thursday mornings, go to the toilet, strip off and jump on the scales then I shower.

Your weight can go up during the day - I asume because your body is still digesting the food. But I have found the next morning its back to the same or its gone down more. (im terrible at weighing myself everyday :-/ )

alicia912

S: 11st0lb C: 9st0lb G: 7st8lb BMI: 23 Loss: 2st0lb(18.18%)
Oh thankgod lol i'll definately take the morning reading then as my weight! Thanks :)

Annya

Slimming tortoise :o)
S: 13st8.0lb C: 12st12.4lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 30 Loss: 0st9.6lb(5.05%)
Always in the morning and preferably after I've been to the loo, but that depends on whether my bowels decide to perform before I have to head off for work or not!

S: 17st7lb C: 12st5lb G: 12st4lb Loss: 5st2lb(29.39%)
I weigh in the morning on a monday before i go to class and after i have got washed and dressed x

Caldil

S: 11st7lb C: 11st4lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 27.1 Loss: 0st3lb(1.86%)
I always weigh of a morning prefer the results I get lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Small_Jaxy

S: 19st4.0lb C: 19st4.0lb G: 16st0lb BMI: 44.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Always in the morning, think thats the most accurate..x..

Roziee

Gold Member
S: 22st10lb C: 17st4lb G: 12st0lb Loss: 5st6lb(23.9%)
Monday morning weigher.. I'm always 2-3 lbw heavier in the evening

Circes

Strutting her stuff
S: 17st12lb C: 10st7lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 7st5lb(41.2%)
It really doesn't matter which one you go for - just as long as you stick to the same time week-in week-out your losses will be accurate. And that is really what matters rather than the actual number on the scales.

alicia912

S: 11st0lb C: 9st0lb G: 7st8lb BMI: 23 Loss: 2st0lb(18.18%)
Thanks everyone! I've kind of got into the habit of weighing myself everyday grr can't help it :/ LOL

skinnyminx

Silver Member
S: 14st4.0lb C: 13st11lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 31.1 Loss: 0st7lb(3.5%)
Thanks everyone! I've kind of got into the habit of weighing myself everyday grr can't help it :/ LOL
what just once a day - i have formed the habit of at least 4 times a day - i fluctuate tremendously anywhere between 2 and 5lbs - but always get the lowest reading in a morning:p

ermintrude

Gold Member
S: 27st8.5lb C: 17st3lb G: 16st7.5lb BMI: 36.6 Loss: 10st5.5lb(37.65%)
Ohhhhh my liiiiiife yes! :p :D Every morning first thing, then after first, uh, loo appearance :eek: (which usually corresponds with end of first coffee), then various points thru the day... Also if I wake in the night for the loo I cant be guaranteed not to hop on :eek:

Also each 'weigh in' usually means 3 goes on the scales to average out, so they're quite variable... im quite insistent on 2 identical readings before Ill accept it :D

Still at the end of the day I accept the readings in the week have no guarantee on the weekly reading. I do think it probably helps my intake if Im having a slow week tho :)

louisehj

S: 12st0lb C: 9st8.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 23.1 Loss: 2st5.5lb(19.94%)
At our class there is a lady who takes an exercise class before image therapy and then one after image therapy.

A few weeks ago she commented on the fact that we weigh less in a morning than any other time of the day. She stated that the reason is you lose upto 2 litres of fluid overnight, that is why sometimes especially in winter your windows in your bedroom may be steamed up in the morning.

JemmaBe

Silver Member
At the moment I have to weigh in the evening which I hate. It's really just how much you've eaten in a day rather than how much you've actually lost.
In a few months I'm going to be able to join a group in the morning YAY.

Stoffie

A curious kitten!
S: 9st4.5lb C: 7st13lb G: 8st0lb BMI: 21.7 Loss: 1st5.5lb(14.94%)
I belong to a group that weighs in on a Monday evening - it's not good!!! I have to really behave myself over the weekend otherwise the result would be bad! As it's in the evening as well I watch myself gain weight during the day. I still eat/drink during the day - some of the group go on a fast beforehand. Really looking forward to tomorrow (not!).