Which would you choose?

Serena A

Can't think of a title
This is going to sound really daft but I've thought of something that might help to keep me on the straight and narrow.

Imagine yourself on your weigh in day. You've stuck to your CD plan all week, you've glugged all the water and you're feeling confident. You're about to step onto the scales. Suddenly, your CDC stops you and says: "Hang on a minute - I'm about to give you a choice. I know that you're about to step onto the scales and see your usual 3lb loss. However, if you prefer, I can give you a fab new memory implant of you eating your favourite cheat food this week - the only catch is you'll have to swap it for your 3lb loss and stay the same this week. So how about it?"

I doubt many of us would choose the food memory over the 3lb, and yet this is all that the off-plan food is when we go for our weigh in - it's just another memory to join the many others that we have. Is it really worth it?

Can you tell I've watched Total Recall recently?! :D

I know of course that much of this 3lb "gain" would probably correct itself the following week but it is soooo demotivating isn't it when the scales don't move. Especially when we secretly have that expectation that unless we're unlucky we'll probably get away with our blip (and yet get in a huff when we lose 1/4lb less than usual when we've been "really good" all week :rolleyes:).

Sorry for the ramblings...must be lack of food ;)

your so right.....its just not worth that disappointment on the scales. A good weigh in result will make you feel good all week and staying the same will make you feel the opposite.
i guess the phrase ' nothing tastes as good as being slim feels' is very true! x

i guess the phrase ' nothing tastes as good as being slim feels' is very true! x

How to say in 8 words what I say in 8 gazillion! Unfortunately I have to keep finding new ways to keep drumming the same old message into my head - one day I might finally take it all in :D

WHAT,lol, I want the old memory, so that its there for when I get to goal, sorry for being a annoying bugger, but thats just me, being me the serial cheater,and taking so long to get to that goal

I doubt many of us would choose the food memory over the 3lb, and yet this is all that the off-plan food is when we go for our weigh in - it's just another memory to join the many others that we have. Is it really worth it?

...it is soooo demotivating isn't it when the scales don't move. Especially when we secretly have that expectation that unless we're unlucky we'll probably get away with our blip (and yet get in a huff when we lose 1/4lb less than usual when we've been "really good" all week :rolleyes:).

Serena, you have just given me yet another 'aha! moment'...you're awesome! :D

You know from some of my other posts the trouble I have when the binge-demon takes over my body, so any new weapon I can have to fight it is welcome.

I'm going to add it to the arsenal ;)

:)Cx

Great post Serena, I too find that i am talking to myself as I encourage others. Everyone's bodies are different and at the moment mine is not in the great loss mode but staying around the same wk after wk. For the month on Dec I have only lost about 2 lbs but I have realized that I am good with that cuz i know that if i stick with it it will all balance out. The winter break defo contributed to not losing my usual average of 12 or 13 lbs per month but i am glad i was able to have the amount of control needed to not gain loads over the holidays and i am grateful for that.
edi

Thanks Serena

Another tip to keep me on the straight and narrow. It really helps with posts like these to keep you focussed. I agree so much better to see the losses on the scales!!!

Thanks again

Sharon:):)

My gosh Serena.

I assure you, the Mushrooms are so proud of you for making that post and realising that. I, myself, am not so sure but they're very persistant in saying you're brill.

Joking aside, very good point. :) You have a way with words and you can write great pieces that I'm sure inspire people! :)

Thanks for this!

xxx

Another fab post... thanks Serena! I love your 'random thoughts' to help stay on the straight and narrow... keep them coming! We need new spins on the usual motivations as our own minds come up with new spins all the time to lure us in the other direction! Just read your post while eating a chunk of cucumber... OK, not the family-size choc bar I'd have been scarfing down a few months back, but still... your post made me see that picking is not what I want to be doing. Today cucumber, tomorrow gateaux? Er, just not happening.
Thanks!!!!
xxx

Love it, very good point!! xx

Back