*WhitePigeon's PP food diary!*

WhitePigeon

Silver Member
Hi all,

I'm very new - only started yesterday and joined online over the weekend, thanks to the awesome special offer that's currently on. ;)

I've recently lost 21lb doing Slimming World but am finding as a Student Nurse that I just don't have time sometimes to cook properly and feel that Weight Watchers allows for this e.g. a cheeky pitta bread rather than having to make something from scratch. I also just fancied a change as a friend is currently following WW and I'm keen to jump on the bandwagon. :eek::D

So yesterday's food diary was as follows;

B: Quaker Oats So Simple (4), 1/4 pint of s/s milk (2) and a banana.

L: Wholemeal pitta (4) with ham in it (2) a tsp of butter (1) and a tsp of pickle. (0) An apple and a Shape yogurt. (2)

Sn: Alpen light bar. (2)

T: A bowl of homemade leek & potato soup (2) and homemade chicken casserole (9) with a point-heavy baked potato (8) :eek: and brocolli.

I then also had 2 chocolate chip cookies. (2) :eek:

33/33 daily PP used.
8/49 weekly PP used & 1 activity PP swapped.

I'll post today's slightly better food diary later on. :p

Thanks for the kind welcome. :eek: :D

Today's food diary is as follows...

L: A bowl of homemade leek and potato soup (2) and wholemeal pitta (4) with a slice of LowLow cheese in it (2) and a tsp of pickle. (0) An apple and a Shape yogurt. (2)

Sn: Another pitta bread (4) :eek: :confused: with a tbsp of philidelphia light. (1)

T: Homemade shepherds pie (9) with cabbage. I also was a bit greedy and had two of my brother's southern fried chicken mini fillets. (4)

AND a treat size crunchie. (2)

33/33 daily PP used.
12/49 total weekly PP used.

My plan for tomorrow is to eat more 0 PP foods to fill me up and to consider whether I'm actually hungry when I'm eating rather than just bored... :break_diet:

Last edited:
Weigh-in tonight, oof.

I'm going out for lunch shortly with a friend to a lovely chinese noodle bar, I've decided (already, hehe) that I'm going to have chicken, noodles and vegetables and have estimated that as it's a sizeable portion, it's about 15pp?! The food never seems very oily and there's lots of veg in it but I'd prefer to over point it than under.

Hope you're all having a lovely day, will update with my food diary this eve.

Ooh, and just a thought. WW Fromage frais are £1.12 a pack in Sainsburys at the moment so have treated myself to a couple of packs and they're only 1pp each! :D

Today's food diary is as follows...

L: Half a starter portion of tempura calamari (5) and a bowl of chicken, vegetables (beansprouts, peppers, spring onions & onions) and noodles. (15)

Sn at cinema: Tesco small pack of grapes & melon. And a cheeky galaxy celebration. (1)

T: Homemade shepherds pie (9) with cabbage.

33/33 daily PP used.
15/49 total weekly PP used.

Lunch was V naughty but yummy, and I'm still within my points.

After weigh in tonight, I'm going to start with my weeklies again - I know this means my loss might not be so good next week but I need to get into weighing in on a Wednesday evening and my new weekly points starting on a Thursday.

I'll let you know how WI goes, thanks for your support. :)

well done to you on your weigh in x

Thank you. :eek:

On placement from 9am-5pm today, trying to be organised and type in on WW online what I'm having for my meals for the rest of the day in an attempt to stop me straying off path - I'll let you know how I get on as today I'm with my mentor and she's awful for eating chocolates and biscuits, must. use. willpower! :p

hey hun, welcome to WW :)

Well done on first week and the 3lbs loss. That's fab.

you're food diary looks lovely I have to say. I may pinch a few Ideas. I'm Discover plan, but i can work out my points :D

Keep up the good work :)

xx

I'm so hungry today, argh. :sigh:

L: A small bowl of homemade leek and potato soup (2), a WW wholemeal pitta bread (3) with a slice of Low Low cheese in it (2) and a tsp of pickle. (0) A shape yogurt (2) an apple, some strawberries & some raspberries. (0)

Naughty naughty snack when home from placement: A piece of white toast (2) with a tsp of butter (1) and a sausage. (4)

T: Homemade braised beef casserole (7) with a small jacket potato (7) and cauliflower.

33/33 daily PP used.
3 weekly PP used. Total: 6/49

I'm just constantly thinking about food today, may have a treat size crunchie at 2pp after tea to satisfy my chocolate craving but that's about it.

Send me some willpower please. :eek:

Last edited:
Well done for weigh in, your doing so well! :) diaries are fab, enjoying reading them! i like getting ideas x x

Hi, Would it be possible to get the recipe for your homemade leek and potato soup. my bf loves this but i have never made it before xx

you food is right up my street! braised beef YUMMMMMM hardly ever have that kinda thing here though as Im the only one in the house that likes anything other than chicken lol...sounds lush though and perfect for the colder evenings!

Hi, Would it be possible to get the recipe for your homemade leek and potato soup. my bf loves this but i have never made it before xx

Oh, of course. :eek:

You need:

1 medium onion
3 leeks
2 teaspoons of butter
325g (ish) of potatoes
2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
a few squirts of frylight/low cal spray

Wash and chop the leeks, chop the onions and peel and chop the potatoes.

Squirt some frylight into a saucepan and cook the onion and leeks over a medium heat for 5 minutes, add the 2 teaspoons of butter after this and cook for a further 2 minutes. Then add a stock cube to the pan and 100ml of water, then stir the onions and leeks, and cook over the medium heat for 10 minutes to allow the onions and leeks to cook down and become soft.

After the 10 minutes, add the chopped potatoes into the pan and add the second stock cube with 500ml of water, cook with the lid on for 25/30 minutes until all the vegetables are cooked and broken down.

Then it's upto you, sometimes I blend it using a blender but ususally I like it when it's quite chunky and 'gloopy' so leave it without being blended.

The whole portion is 8 PP and I usually make about 4 servings out of it so 2 PP each.

Hope you & your boyfriend enjoy it. :)

Today's food diary is as follows;

L: A small bowl of homemade leek and potato soup (2), a WW wholemeal pitta bread (3) with a slice of Low Low cheese in it (2) and a tsp of pickle. (0) Bag of Quavers. (2)

T: Sweet chilli & garlic beef chow mein - made using beansprouts, lean steak, noodles, an onion, a pepper and 1/2 Blue Dragon stirfry sauce. (13) A treatsize Crunchie (2), an Activia fat free yogurt (2) and an apple.

(32/33) daily PP used.
(0) weekly PP used. Total: (8/49)

:D

Last edited:
Back