Who actually follows the 'ideal weight guide'??

If your Avatar is an indication of what you want to look like then I reckon thats about right , she is defo not 7 and a half stone is she , too curvy , just right Id say :)

Yep there my measurments so i really do hope so!!!! :) xxxx

Nope I don't follow them. When I started going out with my husband I was 10 st 11 and technically overweight.

My hip bones jutted out when I stood if I went below that weight yet ideal weight charts state I can go as low as 8 stone 8lbs.

I'm aiming for 11 stone this time.

I do as I've a small frame my bmi needs to be around 20 - 21 for me to be size 10.

phoenix2010 said:

How depressing :( I need to amend my goal weight by at least half a stone as the girls my height & original goal weight all look bigger than I want to be :(

Maybe it's just because the camera adds 10lbs? Either that or my body image is severely distorted.

what struck me was how different people with the same height and weight looked
I dont think still cameras add 10lb , its just moving image cameras I think
so they should be a pretty true picture

Hmm i like that site its interesting! x

i wouldnt go by the charts if i did i would look ridiculously skinny, i know my healthy size is a 12 which i can get in at just below 12 stone which my dr would class as overweight, my height which is not that tall really makes the difference.

i also have friends who vary from a size 6- 10 who look stunning in their clothes but they are incredibly unhealthy they live on red bull, haribos and ciggies, that is it. they may look stunning now but in 20 yrs will they????

phoenix2010 said:
what struck me was how different people with the same height and weight looked
I dont think still cameras add 10lb , its just moving image cameras I think
so they should be a pretty true picture

I always look massive in pictures compared to in the mirror so I think it's all types of camera. Also there is no way that all (not all, but most) of those 8st girls are as big as they looked so it must be that the camera is adding the illusion of weight....unless the lied about their weights! Lol

P.S. When I say "big" I obviously don't mean BIG just bigger than I thought they should look. The girls I know who are around that weight look much smaller than nearly all of them on that site.

Me too nasher, and i think cameras do definietly add size. I went out saturday and took a photo in the mirror and i looked much bigger than i actually did, if you get my drift! Could just be my camera or the angle or something, but i always seem to look like im bigger on photos. Even the pictures i put in my diary today, i look bigger on them than i actually did on the night in person! Very strange!

Well Ive done a little bit of research and there are various possibilities why the camera may add weight....
quality of camera , lens , lighting , converting a 3d image to a 2d image, the mirror you take the picture in , the angle you take the picture

so get all these things wrong and you can look bigger , get them all right i.e hire a good photographer and you might look slimmer , so the camera does lie sometimes , but not all the time , too many factors can play a part in how accurate or not the image is

I plan to get to a weight I feel comfortable and happy at , whatever that may be , but I can guarantee you I will still hate having my photograph taken :)

cable said:
i wouldnt go by the charts if i did i would look ridiculously skinny, i know my healthy size is a 12 which i can get in at just below 12 stone which my dr would class as overweight, my height which is not that tall really makes the difference.

i also have friends who vary from a size 6- 10 who look stunning in their clothes but they are incredibly unhealthy they live on red bull, haribos and ciggies, that is it. they may look stunning now but in 20 yrs will they????

Mmmmmmm living on haribos oh yummmmmm :)

I've a massive tub of them here and a bag of them in both sides of my bed side cupboards lol

Yummmmm lol

Lots2lose36 said:
I've a massive tub of them here and a bag of them in both sides of my bed side cupboards lol

Yummmmm lol

Oh dont i LOVE jelly sweets! I could eat them all day yum xx

Back