Who am I kidding?

ellie2409

I knew I would fail at this, time and time again I sit down and think 'how have I fallen off the wagon again?' I dont have the will power to do this, to do anything about my weight. How can one be so depressed about their size and hate themselves so much but not do anything about it? I get soo mad at myself yet I still cant give myself an explanation as to why I cant do it. I have tried so many different diets in the last 9 months and I havent gotten anywhere apart from 3 stone heavier. I really am kidding myself. Sorry for the rant but there is no light at the end of the tunnel anymore.

Ellie, please don't feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel there is. I'll tell you a bit about myself and you'll see there is.

I'm Louisa. I felt the same way, went to my gp 2 weeks ago and she prescribed me Prozac because I am showing the signs of depression, and since then I've lost 7.5lb. (Haven't updated stats yet you may notice). Have you thought about visiting your doc? You really don't need to feel like this. I've battled with my weight with 10+ years getting bigger all the time. Max weight 20st after having my child 3 years ago. And for the first time in years and years I can see myself getting to goal or close enough to it.

I'm here if you need to talk.
Lou x

Ellie, please don't feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel there is. I'll tell you a bit about myself and you'll see there is.

I'm Louisa. I felt the same way, went to my gp 2 weeks ago and she prescribed me Prozac because I am showing the signs of depression, and since then I've lost 7.5lb. (Haven't updated stats yet you may notice). Have you thought about visiting your doc? You really don't need to feel like this. I've battled with my weight with 10+ years getting bigger all the time. Max weight 20st after having my child 3 years ago. And for the first time in years and years I can see myself getting to goal or close enough to it.

I'm here if you need to talk.
Lou x

Thanks louisa, I appreciate your reply and congrats on your weight loss so far ! A few people have said to me I should visit my doctor so I will be making an appointment to see them tomorrow. My partner is very scared about the thought of me being depressed and although I dont want to scare him I cant help but feel so down. Its affecting the way I think and act and has definately affected our relationship :( Do you find now that being prescribed some help from the doc that that has helped you concentrate on your weight loss now? I was wondering what they could offer in terms of help.

I am worried that they will only try to put me in a weight loss group or put me on another diet.. I have tried so many diets and I tried going to meetings but I was too upset about being weighed in front of others that had only been a handful of times.

Because of these worries I am really not sure how they could help.. it could be pills for both my emotions and to help with weightloss or perhaps might go down the weightloss surgery route i'm not sure.. very apprehensive at the thought of being judged and coming out feeling worse. x

Ella you only fail when you quit.. What is happening in your daily life that makes you feel you cannot do it?
Is it hunger?
Time ?
Budget?
Temptation?
Social life?
No confidence in yourself?

If you can answer yes to one or more of theses things Welcome to the average slimmer!! We are all like you sweetpea and yes its hard to rein ourselves in. but hope is here Ranting helps so much!!
Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself You are worth it, You love you everything about you even the weight. That you will keep going for you because nobody can do this for you.
Think of the times when you have been at your lowest and smile YOU SURVIVED.. And know that no matter what People care and want you to suceed.

Fill up on the good stuff and keep busy is working for me so far .. If you need an ear or a kick up the rear.. Ella get in touch xx
:flowers:

Back