Who are you losing weight for?

I turn 30 this year and have always been overweight. Was a chubby child and turned into a chubby adult. At 1.52cm, every kg shows. This year, I decided to do something about the excess weight. So I guess I decided to start losing weight for me and a few other assorted reasons. I do like the compliments thrown my way because I've been losing weight. Plus, my best friend is taller than me (haha... not difficult for anyone to be taller) and her weight is only 45kg. I've been the "fat friend" for more than a decade and this is the year it stops!

Being re-acquainted with my jaw-line is the definitely the icing on the cake. I've not seen my jaw-line in years!

S

I'm doing it for myself but also for family who I hope I can inspire to eat healthily too. After I got to my 75lbs my mom and sister joined SW and started on their own weight loss journeys, and they told me that they wouldn't have done it if I hadn't done so well. It feels great knowing that you're setting a good example! I also want to become healthier and I've found that I have heaps of energy now. My confidence has sky-rocketed and I'm starting to love myself a whole lot more.

I'm doing it for myself but also for family who I hope I can inspire to eat healthily too. After I got to my 75lbs my mom and sister joined SW and started on their own weight loss journeys, and they told me that they wouldn't have done it if I hadn't done so well. It feels great knowing that you're setting a good example! I also want to become healthier and I've found that I have heaps of energy now. My confidence has sky-rocketed and I'm starting to love myself a whole lot more.

Just amazing!

I'm losing weight for myself!
I feel very self conscious of my weight, and as a result, I've missed out on a lot of social situations, and never had a relationship ( even though I would absolutely love to be in one ). My friends don't understand why I'm self conscious and stuff and do get annoyed with me when I say no to going out clubbing and stuff.... so I'm hoping I'll be able to lose the weight, and start to feel good about myself, and start wearing clothes without needing to shove jackets and stuff on to try and make me look a bit slimmer.

I am doing in for me in that i am fed up being depressed over my weight and i feel like Ive missed out on a lot due to it. Im also going on hols at the end of april so that is keeping me motivated!

but i think deep down so my dad will for once say well done to me, and finally stop saying "are you trying to loose any of that weight?" i know he has the best of intentions but it really gets me down i feel like I am a disappointment to him.

Also for my fab other half who is THE most supportive person you could ever imagine, he has love me at my heaviest and lightest and has never once made me feel like my weight is a prob and even joined ww with me even though he felt uncomfortable in the meetings being the only male, cant wait to make him proud!!!!!!!!

Yes, the ideal answer is "myself". This is the real world, I have never had any derogatory comments in my hearing about my weight, so not shamed into it.

Health? - yes in part.

My wedding? - a good catalyst.

Just over 6 years ago before my late husband became ill I lost 64 pounds and was looking good, feeling good - but - the thing I recall most was the look of admiration on my wonderful daughter's face when I ran to meet her on Paddington station having lost over 4 stones, real, genuine admiration, nothing has felt that good for years.

Meeting A, finding another happy, laughing, loving relationship is very special, I consider myself incredibly lucky, if I can put that sort of look on the faces of my loved ones too, the world will be perfect.

Just for me. I want to keep my independance as long as I can, and this means keeping as healthy as I can. I'm in my 60's, My granny and grandpa both diet in their early 70's owing to cardiac problems. I don't want to commit suicide with a knife and fork. Arthritis runs in our family, several of the older ones lost their independance becaus eof it and I am planning now, to keep going as long as I can. And i will!

I would like to say that I am simply losing weight for myself because I'm worried about my health... but I think that would be bending the truth slightly. I want to seem more attractive to people and get a partner (which although isnt impossible is harder at my size). I want to be able to shop in the shops that my friends go to and I want to be able to go to theme parks and go on rides with my friends without panicking whether the safety belt will fit round me. I get tired of people seeing me as a fat person as opposed to a person who happens to be fat!

I just like wearing nice clothes, I think it's as shallow as that for me. My husband wouldn't mind if I put on more weight, and I don't think I'd experience outward negativity from anyone. Mums at the school gate are allowed to be roly poly and scoff cake with their cups of tea if they want to. But deep down I feel like a twenty one year old still, and getting to the weight I was then, and being able to wear clothes I think are smart/sexy/funky will help me to hang on to my own personality in some way, the me I was before marriage and kids. Don't get me wrong, I love being a part of my family unit, but I'm just not ready to say goodbye to the independent, energetic person I was ten years ago- holding on to her figure means I can still recognise her in the mirror.

I just want to feel happy in my own body...for me.

im losing weight for myself, so i can wear a bikini on holiday and not feel like everyone is looking at me for the wrong reasonss

I'm doing it so I can go out for family walks without being the huffing puffing red faced porker at the back, so I don't feel like "the fat one" at every social occasion, so I can buy nice clothes and feel good in them instead of buying things that just fit, so I look good for my gorgeous bf even though he says he loves me at whatever size, so hopefully my body will be nice and healthy to one day make babies....

But mostly just so I feel good about me!

Mostly for myself, I feel like a fat unattractive frump! But also so as little fella gets older I can run around with him and not be self conscious or knackered!

I do it because I want my confidence in myself as a nice person to match my confidence in my body. I come across as a very confident person socially, always up for a laugh, big personality etc...but deep down I hate how i look and feel about myself. I feel I don't 'match' inside and outside - and that I am hiding a lot of myself from others. I am very frank and open with people, but not about my weight - I 'laugh off' comments and blame it on the booze *rolls eyes*, I pretend I'm not bothered much when someone says 'have you lost weight?' and despite my confidence, I haven't told anyone, not even my family or partner, that I'm on Slimming World. Its almost like I am trying to kill my fat alter ego without anyone noticing!!

I hide under a multitude of layered clothing, god forbid someone ever see any of my skin! I was on holiday once in 40 degrees heat, everyone butt naked (nearly) around me, and I had leggings, long skirt, two tops, a shawl and a towel over me :( Now I'll never be one of those bikini wearing people but it gets ridiculous when you've NEVER worn a skirt or anything without leggings (even an ankle length one!!) I want to not stand out any more...I don't want to sweat when i walk for 10 mins (if only I could remove some of those pesky layers!!) and I want to feel better about myself...and believe people when they tell me I am beautiful.

Im going to be completely honest even if some of these reasons sound shallow...

I want to have the choice to wear what's in fashion rather that what is 'safe' and hides my back fat and dimply thighs. I want to look and feel sexy, i want people to look at me and think 'she's hot!' (be honest girls, who doesn't want that?)
Having been a size 10 and a size 18 makes you very aware of how differently people treat you and value your worth, i just feel far more confident when i am slimmer. My Husband says he loves me bigger and smaller and always tells me im sexy, look great etc but it really makes little difference in how i feel about myself.
We want to start a family soon and i want to be slimmer and fitter to cope with pregnancy, birth and beyond.

I want to do for my unborn baby that I haven't conceived but have been working at for 4 years.

If I don't lose weight I'll be a 50 year old overweight and unhappy menopausal woman with no chance of ever having a child.

It won't happen on it's own, and I'm the one with the ability to change it.

For me! I want to be slim, I want to look in the mirror and like what I see. I want to know that if at sometime I need the threatened knee replacement I cant be turned down because I';m too fat. I'm vain, I want to look good for my husband, my family and of course myself.

Back