Who fancies a six week challenge?

Can I join please? I have 6 weigh ins left before christmas and have 9.5 lbs to get to target. Would love to get to target at christmas.

Ellie4 - (0lbs lost) 14lbs
Emsie - (0lbs lost) 7lbs
babybuffy84 -(0.5 lost) 7lbs
Lisa - (2lbs lost) 7lbs
Cams (0lbs lost) 11.5lbs
Ruthie-D (5.5 lost) 10lbs
Amy_Maria - (0lb lost) 14lb
Hayley2012 - (1lb lost) 11lbs
Lizs84 - (5lb lost) 14lbs
Emmamb- (0lbs lost) 18lbs
Louise1982 (2.5 lbs lost) 15lbs
Minziemoo - (0lbs lost) 16lbs
Thursday - (0lb lost) 12lbs
Safia - (0lbs lost) 13lbs
AngelaJane - (0lb lost) 10lbs
KitKat2011*- (0lb lost) 16lbs
Mummyof2Boys29 - (0lb lost) 14lb
Dianea1 - (3lb lost) 12lb
chocfreak - (0lb lost) 10lb
sam_sutty - (1lb lost) 10lb

Only 1lb off for me today, was expected. However, this week I've found Minimins to keep me on track :D

Well done Hayley - at least you're losing! Does your consultant have one of those fat lump things? A lb is a lot!

Liz
xx

She has a 2lb one (which is even worse lol)
I know a lb is ok, just I had lost 17lb in 6 weeks so 1lb seems a little minimal! But I was off track for 2 days this week, so I can't complain, 1lb off is 1lb closer to my target, 10lbs to go! How are you doing this week?

I'm doing alright, was 5lb down last night at weigh in which was surprising but great. I'm trying to have something different every day because I'm the type of person who'll stray if I get bored with what i'm eating. How long have you been doing this?

Liz
xx

7 weeks :D Still a newbie! You?
I know what you mean about new things, I seem to be lacking the enthusiasm now. The first few weeks we had cottage pies, curries, stir-fries... Tonight we have pork leg steaks with... Something :/ May curry them or just do some mash! Seriously lacking the motivation!! xx

I'm only on week 2! I lost almost 4 stone with just calorie control but then plateaued so decided to give sw a go. Enjoying it so far and I'm determined to stay on plan and lose a stone in 6 weeks. Then enjoy Christmas the way it's supposed to be enjoyed!! Then back on plan like nothing happened...!

Liz
Xx

Did you have a 'fabulous first week'? :)
I think a stone in 6 weeks is great! Wish I could get my 2 stone off and be target by Xmas but my weight loss is slowing already...
xxx

Hi everyone :) 1.5lbs off for me, but I can't update as on my phone, would someone mind helping me out! If not I will do it tomorrow, but would be a help.

I'm quite pleased but was hoping for a bit more, hopefully next week! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey everyone, first weigh in today and I lost 4.5 lbs ! Very very happy with that after the week Iv had! ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Emsie - (0lbs lost) 7lbs
babybuffy84 -(0.5 lost) 7lbs
Lisa - (2lbs lost) 7lbs
Cams (0lbs lost) 11.5lbs
Ruthie-D (5.5 lost) 10lbs
Minziemoo - (0lbs lost) 16lbs
AngelaJane - (4lb lost) 10lbs

Woo hoo - 1st weigh in of this challenge & I've lost 4 pounds!! I did put an enormous amount of effort in this week. I would love to carry this into next week.
Well done everyone else - all looking good so far.
Good luck to those who are yet to weigh in x

Oops knew I should have given that tub of Ben and jerrys away. Half a tub gone week 13sybs for 100g think I may have had more like 300g :( soup it is for lunch

Emsie - (0lbs lost) 7lbs
babybuffy84 -(0.5lbs lost) 7lbs
Lisa - (2lbs lost) 7lbs
Camz (1.5lbs lost) 11.5lbs
Ruthie-D (5.5lbs lost) 10lbs
Minziemoo - (4.5lbs lost) 16lbs
AngelaJane - (4lb lost) 10lbs

Aah well done everyone!!! We're doing it! Good luck Safia :)

Anyone having anything nice for dinner? We just has Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meal kedgeree (2 syns per portion, without the oil on the veg). It was really yummy! I can post the recipe if anyone is interested.

Liz
xx

Hiya everyone,
Congratz on the weigh loss :) I've just got back from the gym and I had a cheeky weigh-in cos I was worried about this week with it being * week as well as the fact I had a kebab yesterday but if the scales are the same tomorrow I will be singing from the roof tops :) :fingerscrossed:
Hope everyone's still on track, we are all doing so well :)

Aah well done everyone!!! We're doing it! Good luck Safia :)

Anyone having anything nice for dinner? We just has Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meal kedgeree (2 syns per portion, without the oil on the veg). It was really yummy! I can post the recipe if anyone is interested.

Liz
xx
Would love the recipe when you get time hun.

If you have catch-up you can watch the programme cos it was only on a few days ago, it looked really nice :)

Well done on everybody's weight loss. We're having KFC style chicken tonight. It's * week this week so I want to eat everything in sight. I've been restrained so far and have enough syns left for a curly wurly and a hot chocolate which I hope will satisfy me.

Kedgeree
[h=3]INGREDIENTS[/h]
  • [h=4]For the kedgeree[/h]
    • 2 large eggs
    • 4 fresh bay leaves
    • 450 g of any undyed smoked haddock fillets, scaled and pin-boned
    • 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
    • 1 fresh red chilli
    • 1 bunch of spring onions
    • 1 bunch of fresh coriander
    • 2 heaped tsp mustard seeds
    • 2 heaped tsp turmeric
    • 1tbsp olive oil
    • 250 g brown rice, boiled until soft and cooled
    • 300 g frozen peas
    • 1 lemon
  • [h=4]For the greens[/h]
    • 200 g fine green beans
    • 1 big bunch of chard
    • 1/2 a lemon
  • [h=4]For the yoghurt[/h]
    • 3 tbsp fat-free natural yoghurt
    • 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
    • 1/2 a lemon
    • INSTRUCTIONS

• Ingredients out • Kettle boiled • Large frying pan, high heat • Large casserole pan, medium heat • Medium lidded pan, medium heat
    • START COOKING
    • Fill the frying pan with boiling water, add the eggs, bay leaves and smoked fish, then reduce to a simmer.
    • Refill and boil the kettle.
    • Finely chop or slice the peeled ginger, chilli, trimmed spring onions and coriander (reserving a few leaves.
    • Put the mustard seeds and turmeric into the casserole pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and when they pop, scrape in the chopped veg from the board, stirring regularly.
    • Line the beans up and cut off the stalks, put into the medium pan with a pinch of salt, then cover with boiling water and the lid.
    • Line up your chard leaves, cut off and slice the stalks and add the stalks to the beans.
    • Stir the cooked rice, peas and the juice from 1 lemon into the casserole pan.
    • Add the chard leaves to the beans for a minute.
    • Ripple the yoghurt, chilli sauce and the juice of 1/2 a lemon together in a bowl.
    • Drain the greens and leave to steam dry.
    • Use a fish slice to remove the smoked fish from the pan, flake it into the rice, discarding the skin, stir and mix up beautifully, then season to taste.
    • Peel the eggs under the cold tap and cut into quarters, place around the kedgeree pan and scatter over the reserved coriander leaves.
    • Dress the greens on a board with the lemon juice, then season to taste and serve.

[h=3]NOTES[/h]
Serves 4474kcal per serving2 syns per servingHope that all makes sense!What is * week?Lizxx

Back