Who has a "christmas cupboard"

jaylou

Gold Member
shelf or box of christmas foodie treats?

I had no intention of buying anything particularly special other than the dinner items, thanks to him indoors and the money draining teenager, I now have a cupboard full!! :sigh:

I have:

2 tubes of pringles
1 box of matchmakers
1 pannetonne
2 boxes of crackers for cheese
1 bag liebkuchen
1 box chocolate biscuits
1 tin Quality Street
Assorted nuts
Twiglets nibbly things

And we have over a week left to go!!!

I will try to avoid most things except the liebkucken, I love them :D

What extras do you have?

Feel free to send em over to my house - i'll look after them for you lol x

I have one packet of mini mince pies from Asda. I freely admit I was lured into purchasing them by the man with the stand who was waving bits of pie in my face to test while I was shopping. However, as we all know Santa needs a mince pie, so as he clearly isnt following Slimming World, I thought these were ideal as they are only tiny small. I shall be leaving him a glass of diet coke as well.

In all seriousness though, I wont be buying much in this year, as we are out Christmas Day and Boxing Day for meals, and also one day during the week after. If I have enough cash left on Friday the 23rd, I shall be investing in a tin of Quality Street and something a bit nice for breakfast (I have my mind set on one of those Aldi Chocolate Chip Brioche Loaves, with a hot chocolate, for Breakfast). And a packet of marshmallows because I have promised the kids that Christmas Eve will be movies and Hot Chocolates with Marshmallows. Neither of the girls like Hot Chocolate, but they DEFINITELY want the marshmallows :D

Oooh, I haven't got mince pies yet. My daughter is too old for Santa but I reckon I'll still leave one out for him ;-)

Posh Xmas Day brekky is a must. Smoked salmon and scrambled egg for us! Love the sound of the brioche loaf :)

My daughter is too old for Santa

Surely not?
Nobody is.
I'm not too old for Santa!

We (my 17 year old DD and I) believe firmly in Santa in our house.
It's not in our interest not to, is it?

Quite right too Sarah. Accept my humble apology. I believe all over again, after all, I get nice presents from someone!!!

My mum has a huge cardboard box in the kitchen which is full of Lord only knows what! I don't dare look in it, as I know that once I know what's in there, I'll start craving it! As they say, curiosity killed the cat..

Yup, but this year the cupboard is bare !!! No dosh, no extras, but no problem either.

We have just had a chat and decided that no matter what we will have our Christmas Eve goodies to pick at even if we have to use a bit of the mortgage money. My favourite is smoked salmon and cream cheese on a bagel.....oh yum and Paul loves his jamon serrano.........somehow we will manage to do something.

I'm with you, Sue, I'm afraid.

I do have a Christmas cupboard, which has got all the Christmas-shaped cutters that I use, and the steamer that I only ever use when making Christmas pudding, and stuff like that.

But in terms of goodies, this year my cupboard is definitely bare.
And it's not because I'm being "good" in SW terms, but because I'm totally skint.

I'll buy the "doings" for Christmas dinner, in one form or another, after the 22nd, when I get paid, and when for just a few days I have the illusion of having some money.

Times really are tough for so many people this year. Hopefully all the offers will start in earnest soon, when the supermarkets realise we are not spending much! We've not bought nearly as much as we normally would.
I'm a recent Aldi convert, so much more for your money.

Times really are tough for so many people this year. Hopefully all the offers will start in earnest soon, when the supermarkets realise we are not spending much! We've not bought nearly as much as we normally would.
I'm a recent Aldi convert, so much more for your money.

They are Jay, very, very hard but at least we have a roof over our heads unlike a lot of poor folks. Especially here were there is hardly any benefits system.

I wish we got the offers here but sadly we don't. Perhaps a few in Iceland but they generally sell out of most things as it is so popular and no one else sells what they sell.

We will survive as will Sarah and we will count our blessings and whilst we have our roaring log fire and of course a bottle or 2 of something red and delicious it will be Christmas. A bit different from years gone by but never-the-less time together.

We will go to midnight mass. Our local church is a cathedral and is decorated fabulously and the choir is amazing and also look for a carol service somewhere. All free and all enjoyable.

Do not get me wrong , I am very happy for those that have bulging Christmas cupboards especially those with kiddies. Christmas is a magical time.:4616:

We'll do that too, Sue.
I sing in 2 choirs, and DD in 2 different ones.

She was singing carols in Waitrose last night, with one lot, and has a carol concert tonight with another lot.
I have a concert on Saturday with one of mine.

And that's the concerts out of the way.

After that it's the services - much better in my point of view, but still a commitment.
So DD has 9 lessons & carols this Sunday in the church where she's head chorister, and then of course next weekend we have to go to our separate carol services & midnight masses.

But we'll be together once I finish the ferrying around by about 12.45am on Christmas day!

See, this is the beauty of no kids and xmas at the in laws. No naughty stuff in the house at all - except booze.
The problem is I live above a shop so I have to endure the pull of chocolate, cakes and crisps on a daily basis anyway :)

See, this is the beauty of no kids and xmas at the in laws. No naughty stuff in the house at all - except booze.
The problem is I live above a shop so I have to endure the pull of chocolate, cakes and crisps on a daily basis anyway :)

Tough cookie:D

xxxx

No naughty stuff in my house just yet - and I'm out Xmas day so no need to buy anything, and I'm pretty skint too!

My mum & dad are coming to me on Boxing Day so was going to get a few bits for them, but they rang the other night listing out a ridiculous selection of stuff they've already bought & are going to bring down, so the temptation will only be there for one day & I'll try to make them take it all back home with them when they leave!

I have a "naughty drawer" - in there are my Famous Name liqueuers (a Christmas must), small box Maltesers, Famous Names Vodka selection (and why not?) box of Milk Tray (part of the 3-for-£10 offer)

Crackers for cheese, and various other chocolates, mint thins, matchmakers (mint) etc.

Until SW I hadn't much of a sweet tooth at all! Now I seemed to replace fat/oil with sugar lol.

Don't get me wrong, I won't have most of that stuff, but at least it's there.

Hi there,

I am on maternity leave at the moment so not as "well off" as we were last year and I do moan sometimes but after reading some of the posts it's made me grateful for what we do have - have enough pennies to treat the 3 children and get some treats in for christmas. Just said to my hubby we are lucky really aren't we.

Merry christmas to one and all. xxx

We don't have a Christmas cupboard!?! We are going to the in-laws on Christmas day and we don't have any children so I guess there's no real reason to fill the cupboards with chocs, mince pies an crisps etc as there would only be one of us wading through it and it wouldn't be me!!

That said, I do love looking at all the lovely treats in the supermarket... Just have to make sure that I don't start drooling!

I have a "naughty drawer" - in there are my Famous Name liqueuers (a Christmas must), small box Maltesers, Famous Names Vodka selection (and why not?) box of Milk Tray (part of the 3-for-£10 offer)

Crackers for cheese, and various other chocolates, mint thins, matchmakers (mint) etc.

Until SW I hadn't much of a sweet tooth at all! Now I seemed to replace fat/oil with sugar lol.

Don't get me wrong, I won't have most of that stuff, but at least it's there.

I too didn't have a sweet tooth before the weight loss and now crave sweet stuff loads! :eek::confused:

Back