Who Has A Treadmill And How Often Do You Use It?

Konvictz

the most common stories you hear associated with gym or gym products in the house is you buy it, use it for a few days, and then it collects dust and never gets used again.

but im getting a treadmill pretty soon, although its not as good as on the road, running for cardio is probably one of the best around. so just wanted to know if people on here use their treadmills alot?...

I dont own a treadmill, but I use one 5 times a week at the gym. The duration for me going on it varies..but Im building up my leg muscles ready for a challenge later this month and again next year.

I use mine 3 times a week to run, it's a really good idea, esp for a beginning or continuing runner as you keep to a set pace. If you do an incline of 1.5-2, that apparently will simulate running outdoors so that you keep your cardio up. I did that prior to my race and was fine on the road

xx

I love my treadmill and use it at least 5 times a week. I increase the incline every 5 mins, going up to around 5.5 - 6 and speed is around 3. A couple of times a week I do intervals of 1 min walking, 2 mins running, 2 mins walking, 3 mins running etc and I am on it around 40 - 45 mins at a time.
It has boosted my weekly losses no end and I average 3 - 4lbs most weeks.
My advise is get one, they are fab

I have a bike (used to have a stepper but it gathered dust) and I have found something I enjoy and try to go on it 2 to 3 times a week for 30 minutes. I do get bored of exercise but if you find something to suit you, you will stick to it and it has been a boost for me. Maybe the treadmill is for you! I also thought that as I get nearer to target and my weight loss slows maybe, this might help x

I have a treadmill and I don't use it. I find it very boring. Would rather go for a walk or not exercise at all. Its good for hanging my washing on it now.

Damn, typed out a reply then it disappears :cry:

I do 3km on a cross trainer approximately 3 times a week - much prefer that to the treadmill that is currently gathering dust in the garden :whistle:

what does a cross trainer exactly do?...and does it give you better cardio than a treadmill?...

Hi,

I had a treadmill when I was training for the marathon and I used it all the time, now I'm not doing any internse training I just use my cross trainer about 2 times a week.

Wii Fit is also good there are cute little programmes and if you do about a 45 minutes combination you can get a little sweat up, not very cardio though.

x

I have one, they are brilliant for drying clothes, along with the bike, cross trainer, weight benches etc etc I've bought over the years.....

Honestly though, I use mine on and off, its boring at home looking at a wall or a TV I can't hear over the machine, I'd rather go to the gym and watch the boys if I'm honest.

Wouldn't get rid of it though....just in case LOL :rolleyes:

Back