Who has tips for time-starved stressed eaters?

Pootler

Help! Post your tips for avoiding the biscuit tin when stressed!

I have my own techniques (stop, think, and if all else fails go for a walk, but sometimes, when I have THIS much to do in this much time, another Jaffa Cake seems like the only thing that's going to help.

Any idea what i can do to NOT comfort eat when there is no time to be kind to myself in another way?

Last edited:
I had a horrific day on Tuesday this week -had to get up at 4.30am to be at work for an 8am meeting with my boss which he then cancelled - so was starving and angry. I managed to avoid the Millies Cookies, Krispy Kremes and Dominos Pizza that were floating around by drinking lots of water, eating lots of fruit and imagining hurting my boss :) It was the nearest I've come to going completely off plan but I was determined not to let my annoying boss and his inconsiderate buying of 'treats' railroad me (there are 5 of us in my office all dieting or on SW so buying all that cr*p was not helping any of us).

Also - I always make lunchs for a few days at a time so even if I have a late night at work I have stuff for the next day and I carry mugshots in my bag all the time - helped me massively yesterday when I was starving hungry 3 hours away from home on a train filled with loads of un sw friendly foods.

I try and always have some SW-friendly food on hand - so if I do have a wobble, I have something to munch on. Often I find it's more the actual act of eating that I crave rather than the high-fat food, so I'm nicely satisfied by snacking on superfree or free food.

Another tip that I heard on here is to brush your teeth - which I feel a bit silly doing during the day but it has actually worked for me a couple of times. The taste in my mouth makes me feel like I've had something to eat, even though obv. I haven't, and the minty-fresh puts me off nomming down something unhealthy!

Drinking a big glass of water often helps kill the craving too - because although the hunger is usually a mental thing, the water fills me up. (Possibly don't do this if your biscuit tin is in the same place as your water tap, lmao!)

fast noms:
Quark and cucumber ,slice the cucumber take two slices spread quark and add another slice to make a sandwich ...you can eat a whole cucumber and a whole tub of quark with no gain!!

sweetcorn and quark mixed in a bowel take a lettuce leaf and spread in mmmm super speed free nom, herbs can be added too.or even tuna!!

pasta the possibility's are endless cook the pasta grab the spag bol OxOs add some courgette peas sweetcorn and some boiling water not much enough to make the oxos into a sauce heat through MmmM

fat free yoghurt granulated sweetener vanilla essence :D big tub for 1/4 price of mullers lol

fruit salad

a salad

rice quorn sausage red kidney beans chillie sauce

quorn burgers they can be done in the microwave 1.5 syns each :D

cous cous onions tomato's basil

pasta pesto : 3 syns per table spoon on average

frylited Egg with salad on toast (HH toast)

stirfrys

to wok noodles with crispy stir fried veggies

will try and think of more but these are my saviours :D XxX

These are fab ideas. I'm going to print a list of them out and hang them on the biscuit cupboard. :)

make a "tortilla" style wrap but use slices of ham, spread with a little quark or cottage cheese and any bits of salad or crunchy veg that you have in the fridge.

I just found a BRILLIANT solution to my sugar munchies. :D Flourless pancakes with Walden Farms Caramel syrup on top. SYN FREE!

Ok, Walden Farms products are Frankenfood, some of them taste terrible, and they have a bit of a nasty nutrasweet aftertaste. But desperate times call for desperate measures. :) I have a couple of their products in the fridge for emergencies. The caramel dip is nice, as is the chocolate dip and chocolate sauce. Avoid the creamy salad dressings - they taste like toxic sludge.

But get this - everything is calorie free. Yes, really. (Scary eh? Told you it was Frankenfood.)

I got mine from a Dutch importer, but you can buy them in the US and Amazon.co.uk carry them too.

Pootler said:
I just found a BRILLIANT solution to my sugar munchies. :D Flourless pancakes with Walden Farms Caramel syrup on top. SYN FREE!

Ok, Walden Farms products are Frankenfood, some of them taste terrible, and they have a bit of a nasty nutrasweet aftertaste. But desperate times call for desperate measures. :) I have a couple of their products in the fridge for emergencies. The caramel dip is nice, as is the chocolate dip and chocolate sauce. Avoid the creamy salad dressings - they taste like toxic sludge.

But get this - everything is calorie free. Yes, really. (Scary eh? Told you it was Frankenfood.)

I got mine from a Dutch importer, but you can buy them in the US and Amazon.co.uk carry them too.

Just found this post and wondered how a caramel syrup was syn free!! If so, what does it contain? And what is frankenfood??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Whaaaaat? Calorie free? what the bloody hell is in them? I don't know whether I am more excited or terrified at the prospect of trying them!

Have managed to track them down on a website for low carb foods! And they are genuinely fat and sugar free and low carb! The OP says that the caramel and choc ones are nice so might give them a go!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm watching reviews on youtube for their products and the sweet dips seem to come out top for most people. The whole idea is bizarre to me! I am tempted by the caramel dip seeing as pootler says it is nice

Hi hun, i know what its like to be stressed out - my job is a frickin mare!! I just try to remind myself that a biscuit or pizza or beer will not change anything!! I also have a stash of mug shots, fat free super noodles, mug pot noodles and cracker breads in my drawer at work and cupboards at home for when i need something sharpish. I find the crackerbreads with laughing cow quite theraputic and relaxing - like pringles i guess but less syns!!!

i have started to drink more water which is keeping me from snacking, it also stops me getting "the shakes" which i suffer a lot from...used to think it was when i had eaten enough but maybe i was dehydrated?? also the wrap idea using slices of ham with pickles and beetroot in them to make wee ham bags ,mmmmm

if i want a sweet fix... sugar free chewing gum, 5 bits for 0.5 syns so if you chew gum all day long when your after a sweet craving thats very little syns

Frankenfood means that it has never been near a piece of fruit, or egg, or dash of milk anywhere in the manufacturing process. :) If you look at the ingredients, then it's all gums and fillers and expanders and E numbers. Quite scary. It's basically water, with chemicals added for colour, flavour and consistency.

I've been using their ranch dressing to thin out a dressing made of quark and extra low mayo and it's actually alright. And the other stuff, well it really is for emergencies. It's not something you want to eat every day.

Oooh, and I found sugar free maple syrup that's reasonably yummy. 25 cals per 100mls. Also for emergencies, and for putting in scan bran cake to make it moist. Not from Walden Farms and tastes better than their stuff too.

I am tempted by the caramel dip seeing as pootler says it is nice

Not so much 'nice' as 'not completely disgusting'. You don't want to slather your pancakes in it, but a little bit is alright.

Not so much 'nice' as 'not completely disgusting'. You don't want to slather your pancakes in it, but a little bit is alright.

not lekker then like the dreaded speculoos spread? I actually have a jar in my cupboard, I haven't yet bothered to see how it works out syn wise, I just assume not good!

not lekker then like the dreaded speculoos spread? I actually have a jar in my cupboard, I haven't yet bothered to see how it works out syn wise, I just assume not good!

Oooooohhh, don't open that jar. Once you do, it's like Nutella - there's no going back, and it will caaaaalllllllll you from the cupboard. ;)

Back