Green Days who has to lose at a minimum half their weight?

For those who have it to loose - it is doable... I know - I've done it (and then some). Like Ermintude - I started out at 27st8.5 and am currently hovering around the 13st mark. As the sig says - if anyone ever finds the other half of me - tell it to get lost - i never want to see him again...

I never dreamed I'd get this far... I managed six stone once, several years ago but Ive tried again a million times in between and I dont know why but it just clicked this time, its bizarre being the most weight Ive ever lost in my lifetime, as last time it seemed so immense, so amazing that Id managed it... whereas this time Ive done it again (and then some) but it doesnt seem as amazing this time, its become more a way of life... This time I just really ENJOY cooking and eating, rather than desperately trying to shift weight like last time...

I dont know how far Ill go, I dont even think about it really as there is so much else in my life needs fixing, and it's such an enormous number I cant even imagine it tbh... but we CAN do it *if* we stick to it :) The problem isnt the plan, its just those hard times when its difficult to stick to it for whatever reason. They are what need fixing really...

Anyway, Im blathering so off I tootle... :)

whereas this time Ive done it again (and then some) but it doesnt seem as amazing this time, its become more a way of life... This time I just really ENJOY cooking and eating, rather than desperately trying to shift weight like last time...

That is probably the key to it all - this has to be enjoyable as well as providing the right results - and i've gone from being take-away king to cooking everything from scratch and still now - 3yrs later - enjoy cooking immensely.

I dont know how far Ill go, I dont even think about it really as there is so much else in my life needs fixing, and it's such an enormous number I cant even imagine it tbh... but we CAN do it *if* we stick to it :) The problem isnt the plan, its just those hard times when its difficult to stick to it for whatever reason. They are what need fixing really...

Life will always throw things our way - riding out those hard times is important - just remember how far you've come and what that journey has brought to your life already and it'll help weather the "storms".

Can I join too please?

I was over 20 stone when I was pregnant & started SW when I was 19 stone 3 & need to be around 10 stone according to BMI calculators *shock*

rather depressingly that means ive still got almost 8 stone to lose! x

Can I please join too? I was 23 stone 1 at the start of the year. After starting SW I am now 22 stone 6 :( I would like to get down to 11 stone so 11 stone 6lbs to lose!

Tazzy xx

Last edited:
Me too, I joined last Monday weighing in at 21 6 and a half and I want to get down to 11 stone 7 so half a pound short of 10 stone! Not in any rush though(got to keep telling myself that lol ) .
Becky

I was 19 stone 2 lbs at the begining of the year, I am now 17 stone exactly... I want to be 10 stone...so only another 7 to go!!! I'm going to be doing slimming world for most of it...may switch to a vlcd for a month when I get to 15 as thats my sticking point...have never been under that since I was 14!! Nothing else has worked and my will power seems to be nowhere near as good as it was...so hopefully that will keep me on track! Once I get past the 15 stone mark hopefully whatever is wrong in my head that won't let me get into the 14s will short circuit and I'll be ok for the other 4ish stone lol x

Hi,

I fit into the category too. At my heaviest (July 2011) I weighed in at 29stone exactly. I managed to lose a bit before coming back on this website at the beginning of November.

I finally started to lose weight from this point, the 1st of November, and I have, so far, lost 23lbs. I have about 2/3 of my body weight to lose. Ideally I would love to get down to about 10 stone.

Its a long road but I have taken my first steps, onwards and downwards!!! x

Hi! I started four weeks ago weighing 19 stone 2 lbs. I now weigh 18 stone 2lbs. Had a bit of a blow out yesterday though :( Will spend the rest of the week trying to limit the damage. I'd like to weigh 9 stone. Its overwhelming sometimes:(

Yes, I'm with you, I'm in no rush after too many times loosing then gaining; this time I'm doing fitness focus. Would love to journey with others

Hi,

I fit into the category too. At my heaviest (July 2011) I weighed in at 29stone exactly. I managed to lose a bit before coming back on this website at the beginning of November.

I finally started to lose weight from this point, the 1st of November, and I have, so far, lost 23lbs. I have about 2/3 of my body weight to lose. Ideally I would love to get down to about 10 stone.

Its a long road but I have taken my first steps, onwards and downwards!!! x

The newly crowned (as in about the last 20mins) Woman of the Year - has lost about the same as you want to do. Going from nearly 30st to just over 10st. It is doable... :)

Thanks for that Ian....If she can do it, so can I !!
Well done to you too.....just caught sight of your stats!!

Can I join this club??

I started at 20st 1.5lb and I'd like to be 10 stone so over half of my weight to go.

Well done everyone on the fab losses, inspirational :) xx

I started at 23st 4lb in June 2008 - so far have lost 8st 8lb and would like to lose at least another 4.5st. Have come a long way but sometimes feel like I'll never get to target! :sigh:

MrsScandude said:
I started at 23st 4lb in June 2008 - so far have lost 8st 8lb and would like to lose at least another 4.5st. Have come a long way but sometimes feel like I'll never get to target! :sigh:

Wow, amazing, you're an inspiration

Thanks :) I'm kinda proud of myself. I've had a lot of ups n downs - certainly been a journey to remember so far! :)

I'm glad I found this thread. Hoping to get to 11st one day, started on my path at about 22st.

I an currently 18.12 on my home scales but I'll be joining a group on Wednesday... this is my time to SHINE! Bring it on!! Goodluck everyone else, some amazing stories on here!

The weight losses on here are so inspirational. I currently weigh about 23 stone and want to get down to 11. Hoping to finally join a class on Tuesday. I say hoping because I've not yet built up the confidence to go in.

Hey niknak.... just take a deep breath, and do it :) it'll be fine, and I bet the best decision you make :)
Behind you 100% :)

Not quite half my body weight but not far off. Started off with Slimming World at 21 stone 12lbs in May & hoping to get to 12 stone 5lbs at least. Now weighing 16 stone 7lbs in just 24 weeks.

Back