Who inspires you?

stivesliz

Gold Member
I have been told that I inspire a few people at my SW group which I take as a huge compliment.

My current source of inspiration though is my daughter! She is not hugely overweight - small and curvy more than anything, but she was sick of being the biggest of all her tiny skinny friends.

She started coming to SW with me a year ago and slowly started losing weight . I think she was getting a bit despondent though as although she was sticking to it she never had any major losses.

She went away to uni last September and as she was no great cook and uni's are notoriously surrounded by fast food outlets ( she lives next to a Macdonalds and a KFC ) I feared that she would put on what she had lost. When I went to uni many moons ago I think I lived on coke and kebabs!

But...............she has astonished me! She is cooking like a demon - all fresh healthy food, lots of stirfries, stews, salads etc and she got her stone award at class last week. I am so so pround of her and now she has started running every day too!

She is back for easter in 4 weeks and she has inspired me to keep at it, and to make sure we share some delicious SW meals when she comes home. x

That is really lovely!! She definitely sounds like a fantastic role model. It's great that she has such a good attitude at such a young age too, you must be very proud.

Personally I find this website quite inspiring. If I'm feeling low in motivation I like to browse the recipe section. I have only really started posting recently but have been lurking for a while!

Aww I bet you are so proud of her :)

My daughers are 5 and 3, and my eldest has already started to want to be healthy because of me, am so proud of that :D She eats loads of fruit and asks for water all the time hehe

My inspiration is a lady on my facebook slimming world group who has lost over 6st, just hoping I can do that well, and i will be almost in a healthy weight range if i lose 6st :D

Thanks hun :) I really enjoy slimming world and it has worked great for me so far. Looks like you are doing well too :D x

this site inspires me, some amazing achievements and support on here and some members stats and pics are inspirational.

Some of the diaries of people on here help inspire me. But there are actually 3 people that inspire me more, 2 are off the biggest loser USA, Ashley and Mikey, for some reason those 2 really inspired me to do something. But the other one is my Grandad, he died 7 years ago and I know he wouldn't want to see me unhappy, which most of the time I am right now, but the thought of him helps me keep going, knowing that he would be the one willing me on every step of the way, and knowing he is still here somewhere, watching me.

Some of the diaries of people on here help inspire me. But there are actually 3 people that inspire me more, 2 are off the biggest loser USA, Ashley and Mikey, for some reason those 2 really inspired me to do something. But the other one is my Grandad, he died 7 years ago and I know he wouldn't want to see me unhappy, which most of the time I am right now, but the thought of him helps me keep going, knowing that he would be the one willing me on every step of the way, and knowing he is still here somewhere, watching me.

Your post touched a nerve there.

My Dad always used to worry about my weight - he died nearly 4 years ago of heart disease and I know he would be proud of what I have done.

I have also made my kids proud and my hubby too - those that genuinely care about us are so happy to see us finally getting on track. x

My son inspires me. He is only 4.5 months old but I joined sw so I could start eating healthy & be a fit, healthy mummy for when he starts walking. What you eat affects the taste of your breast milk & I want him to like healthy food so eat lots of fruit & veg. I want healthy eating & fresh cooking to be the norm for my son so it is second nature to him. Takeaways & sweets are treats not something you have 3 or 4 days a week. I don't ever want him to have issues with his weight or food like I do so he is why I will stick to sw for life. I want mire for him. x

My Dad always used to worry about my weight - he died nearly 4 years ago of heart disease and I know he would be proud of what I have done.

I know my grandad would be proud of me, last time he saw me I was 15 and 230ish pounds, failing my GCSE's, falling into a depression I didn't know how to get out of. Now i'm losing weight, have a degree and a job I love. I know he would be proud.

My dad had a stroke in 2009 (we were told he had a 20% chance of surviving but against the odds he did), he is still overweight despite being told to lose weight, he's suppose to be on slimming world with me, be he never sticks to it. I just hope him seeing me get off my pills, and being healthy will kick his ass into motion and make him realise he can get off his pills too and will be able to walk properly and the pain in his knee isn't just "old age" but in straining against his weight. I forgot to say he is also one of my inspirations, I don't want to end up having a stroke like him.

I know my grandad would be proud of me, last time he saw me I was 15 and 230ish pounds, failing my GCSE's, falling into a depression I didn't know how to get out of. Now i'm losing weight, have a degree and a job I love. I know he would be proud.

My dad had a stroke in 2009 (we were told he had a 20% chance of surviving but against the odds he did), he is still overweight despite being told to lose weight, he's suppose to be on slimming world with me, be he never sticks to it. I just hope him seeing me get off my pills, and being healthy will kick his ass into motion and make him realise he can get off his pills too and will be able to walk properly and the pain in his knee isn't just "old age" but in straining against his weight. I forgot to say he is also one of my inspirations, I don't want to end up having a stroke like him.

I hope your success inspires him. all the best of luck to you x

Back