Who keeps a food diary?

jodidi

Silver Member
For me it was and will be *rejoining on Monday* very important. Just wondering who write it down and who keeps it in there head and how it has affected your weightloss journey!

Thanks Jodi

God I *always* write it down! Even when I go off plan! :eek: Even if I have 70 syns I write every little bugger down. I take piccies of it too and then I can go back and see what looks yummy to make it again. Works for me! :)

If i don't keep a diary or don't plan ahead I seem to struggle more.... suppose it makes you more conscious of what you are eating/going to eat, otherwise I end up eating like 3 muller yogs in a day or something like that, if I see it written down I can see what I have had and think to myself do I really need that 3rd yog or 2nd banana. X

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

When I first did SW I wrote everything down and never when off plan. These last few times I've tried, I've had way more syn's than I should have, but not written it down. So then the next day I start with good intentions but don't write anything down. So because I cant see it I haven't eaten it, lol, and it goes downhill from there. But then if I do write it down I look at it and think "blow it I may as well eat whatever now" so im my own worst enemy.

So the moral of the story is "stick to plan" then you can write everything down with confidence, lol!

If i don't keep a diary or don't plan ahead I seem to struggle more.... suppose it makes you more conscious of what you are eating/going to eat, otherwise I end up eating like 3 muller yogs in a day or something like that, if I see it written down I can see what I have had and think to myself do I really need that 3rd yog or 2nd banana. X

Yes I agree, you can look at your diary and think "ok im I really hungry or just bored because I have eaten quite abit" and it stops you eating loads of one thing like you said.

I still do- always! I do it here and on paper.

SNAP I write everything down, even the bad stuff.... Thats why ive started to put mine on here too then it's like name and shame... If I don't lose then I can see why and so can everyone else!

I started without keeping a weekly diary but started after the 4th week, now I write everything down including a column for super speed/free veg & fruit eaten every day!
Must admit that when I have a week where the weight loss is low it's good to go back and see if there is an obvious cause!
I also found a product that I had incorrectly Syned.

I think that SW should make diaries freely available, like on a table so you can help yourself. Some SWC dont seem to want to give anyone a diary. I know its because they want you to be more natural and not to be writing everything down, but if its between writing it down or losing track of stuff then for me its a food diary all the way!

My consultant does have them and SAS logs & FIT logs on the table to take.

One SWC told me that after 4 weeks you should know the plan so you shouldnt need to write it down. So I photocopied a couple of blank ones so I always had some.

My consultant always used to leave them on the table to take! :eek: God its not like its pressuring you or anything, you take it if you want it, dont if you dont :confused:

Its bollocks to say you should know the plan after 4 weeks - a food diary isnt just so people can oick out your faults, its also so we are able to look back and use the information again! You know x was a good week, so let's go back and look at what we did on x so we can do it again.

I invented my own version in Word and just print a load out every few months :confused: As well as writing it all down on MFP as well :D

I think that SW should make diaries freely available, like on a table so you can help yourself. Some SWC dont seem to want to give anyone a diary. I know its because they want you to be more natural and not to be writing everything down, but if its between writing it down or losing track of stuff then for me its a food diary all the way!

Yes, also I have a memory like a bloody sieve as I proved the other day when I nearly ate seven HEXes! :eek: Writing stuff down is brilliant if thats what you want/need to do!

Exactly, if you want to take one, take it, if you don't, don't!

My consultant has them on the table for you to take, any number that you want. My mantra is "if I bite it , then I write it" otherwise my sieve of a memory would forget everything. ;o)

My SWC had them on the table for us to help ourselves and encourages us to use them to help us along the way....she also printed out a sheet of smiley faces, each face representing each syn we are allowed for the week and we should cross them off/colour them in when we have used our syns, may sound childish, but it is a great visual to see how we are doing syn wise for the week, just at a glance. X

.she also printed out a sheet of smiley faces, each face representing each syn we are allowed for the week and we should cross them off/colour them in when we have used our syns, may sound childish, but it is a great visual to see how we are doing syn wise for the week, just at a glance. X

I like that idea

here is the one I made. I have started it the day after weigh-in and added a column for super speed/free fruit & veg.

Attachments

• Weekly Sheet.jpg
    Weekly Sheet.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 49,092
Back