• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

wholemeal or white pasta?

S: 12st0lb C: 12st0lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I usually have ordinary pasta but tried wholemeal today and was really surprised it wasnt that different in taste.

I found I didnt eat as much of it but filled me up which is a bonus! So definately will stick with wholemeal just wondered how others who tried it got on? Did you notice a difference in taste?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

suepat10

I am one of the 63336
S: 20st3lb C: 20st3lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 44.3 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I don't find much difference in the taste but, as you say, I find wholemeal more filling. I also like the tricolour pasta.

Circes

Strutting her stuff
S: 17st12lb C: 10st7lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 7st5lb(41.2%)
Yes I like the wholemeal pasta as well - it definitely fills you up more.The only downside is you don't get the variety of pasta shapes as ordinary pasta - usually just the fusilli.

S: 11st6lb C: 11st5lb G: 9st7lb Loss: 0st1lb(0.63%)
I thought i'd been eating wholemeal for ages, but looked at the packet yesterday and it's actually wholewheat! Either way it still feels me up and is free on a green day, but can't have it as a HE B as it has to be wholemeal. I can't find wholemeal pasta in any supermarket!

Minders

Finding inspiration
S: 17st9lb C: 14st5lb G: 12st7lb Loss: 3st4lb(18.62%)
It used to be pretty grim years ago, but it's much better now I find. And it is more filling than white pasta. I use both... depends on my mood.

Rachella

Silver Member
S: 14st13lb C: 10st13lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 24 Loss: 4st0lb(26.79%)
not a fan, had it years ago and found it was harder then white pasta, no matter how long i cooked it, have never tried it again.
I totally agree - it's not that tasty, even if it is covered in a good sauce! I found it never got soft enough when I have cooked with it... as for brown rice... yuk!