Red Days Who's a red day person?

i<3jellybeans

Hi all,

I am thinking of throwing in a few red days this week to see if my weightloss changes if i dont eat so much potato, pasta and rice. I have rarely ever done a red day, but i think i may want to slowly introduce more meat into my diet as all i ever seem to eat is just chicken, mince and then quorn.

Does anyone here just do red days, and how have you found your weight loss? One of my friends just does red days and her losses have been quite good.

Any information would be good thanks.

x

Thank you sweet, i am going to have a ganders now :) i think i may have a red day today. x

I am a red day only girl and am in my fith week, I have lost 16 1/2lb so far :) the amount I lost each week is in my signature :)

Hi Danswife, thank you for the reply..your weight losses seem quite high each week! Wow, well done to you! :) Mine pattern of weigh in's and have been high then low and this week high, but that was over a 2 week weigh in result so really average! Be interesting to see if i have a high loss next week if i eat less carbs hmm.

Thanks! x

i only do red - for the extra heb - i don't lose weight at all if i do green or eat carbs ???? have always known this - red suits me fine as I can have roast beef & pork sliced very finely for lunch and piles of it which fills me up.

bacon (very lean etc) in salads - thats my favourite meal.

weetabix for breakfast and two bread at lunchtime for my sandwich at work = 2 heb's & 6 syns as I have two 800g loaf bread slices with the crusts cut off.

let us know how much weight you lose in comparison.

thanks for the reply time2bslim, i will let you know when its weigh in next week. Im having a red day today and made a lovely chicken and bacon (fat removed, cooked on grill) salad with healthy b bread on the side. Filled me up..it was lovely, i enjoyed it. :)

I'm a red/green person - I like my meat and if I had unlimited meat/potatoes (as I feasible could with EE) - I'd simply over-eat and pile on lots of both (never mind the 1/3 SF). I used to do primarily red with one or two green days thrown in a week, but now days have a pretty even mix (though it's starting to tend towards primarily green).

Never had a problem with my weekly weight losses - but the times I've changed things about a bit (lots of green days for instance) have had some good results in the past.

I think sometimes we just get stuck in a rut and the body adapts to what we're giving it - so throwing "a spanner in the works" by changing things around (like trying a different plan) can be quite useful.

Thank you IanH, be interesting to see how i go this week. I think im going to do more red days than green, plenty of variety and new food idea's.

I do both red and green but tend to do a few more red days. Tonight I am having cod steaks with HEB 197g syn free chips. OK my losses havent been fantastic, but no different than when I was on ee and struggling with the veg aspect of it!! But thats just me, most people love it and if you like salads and loads of veg then its easy. Love my red plan though and find it really easy to stick to, but I do have perhaps a couple of green days a week.

Thanks for your reply hollys nan, your dinner sounds lovely..although im not a fishy person i could enjoy cod one evening and see how i go :) havnt had cod in quite a while..or any fish when i come to think of it! I only really like fish fingers, scampi and cod x

Im also thinking of doing a week of red days next week after my weigh-in on tuesday as im not happy with my EE days weight loss, although i do love the food i can have. My main change this week is the amount of water im trying to drink to see if that makes a differance. Will have a look in the SW book to get my head around what i can and cant have.

Good luck with how you go with changing your plan, let us know how your weigh in goes aswell i think it maybe quite interesting. I am also trying to get my head around red days as im so use to having pasta, potatoes free whilst being on green. I brought a veggie casserole pack today (onion,carrots,swede,parsnip) but i then realised if i use the parsnip this wouldnt be free. I can still syn it, its just getting use to red days as its all new.

Good luck to you x

I've only ever done red days as I like my meat, have lost 18.5 lbs since the beginning of Jan.

The only week I STS was when I had Alpen Lights as my HEXB, didn't have any last week and had a good loss again.

I usually have some sort of meat and loads of salad for luch, then another sort of meat and loads of veg for dinner.

Actually I think my days are probably more like an EE version of red days as I have loads of superfree, but just without the carby stuff.

If you need any help on the red plans just post a question. Cant guarantee I know the answer but will try hard to help you in anyway I can

I've only ever done red days as I like my meat, have lost 18.5 lbs since the beginning of Jan.

The only week I STS was when I had Alpen Lights as my HEXB, didn't have any last week and had a good loss again.

I usually have some sort of meat and loads of salad for luch, then another sort of meat and loads of veg for dinner.

Actually I think my days are probably more like an EE version of red days as I have loads of superfree, but just without the carby stuff.

18.5lbs is great so far, do you include carbs in your red days for healthy b's?

If you need any help on the red plans just post a question. Cant guarantee I know the answer but will try hard to help you in anyway I can

Thanks hollys nan, im sure i'll have a question at some point lol x :rolleyes:

Ive just had a look through the SW book and i think it turns out that im sometimes ending up doing a Red day when i think ive been doing a EE day. If ive not had rice, pasta or potato on EE day does that mean ive done a red day but without having the extra A-B choice?

Im confused.

i<3jellybeans said:
18.5lbs is great so far, do you include carbs in your red days for healthy b's?

I sometimes have potato wedges and like to have some roasties on a Sunday, but have avoided bread and pasta as they just seem to make me more hungry.

I usually have my HEXB's for breakfast, I've been really into Scan Bran with Laughing Cows this week, though have to make sure I have plenty of water with them!

Back