Who's Loving Zumba!!!!

MinnieMel

Why Be Normal?
I think I am going to be the first person to post in the new forum... how cool is that!

I have heard loads about Zumba, and several of my friends have been doing it in classes run in the local area -- but I was not sure I wanted to go and "shake my whatever" in front of people I knew.

I noticed then that the local leisure centres had started Zumba classes, and one even has a Aqua Zumba. (I may try that out.) But, those classes get filled up fast.

However, I discovered that a local RC franchisee has started Zumba fitness with some her classes. So, I used a five class special offer coupon and joined.

I LOVE IT... it is good workout (I sweat) and she has use every bit of our bodies.

I think it is good value for the money. I priced out the Zumba at a local village hall and it was 6 pounds a class. She is 6.30 -- but, if I pay monthly it is a bit less and can do two classes a week!

I also like the idea that I get weighed and it gets recorded because, when I am no longer on CD and not seeing my CDC, I think I'll still need that accountability. I had been thinking about WW or Slimming World, but RC's low fat diet plan can be adapted to be a Low GI one, as well -- and that is what I want to use for maintaining.

Well, I'll post again after I have tried out my Wii Zumba game, gone to different class, etc.

MM

I'm thinking of buying it for the wii, but I don't know much about Zumba, I only hear lots about it at the moment?
Is it like dance then? X

Yes, it is an aerobic dance type thing but with a latin twist. My instructor is says it is a lot more free than an aerobic routine.

MM

i seem to be the only one who hasnt caught the zumba bug.... ive tried it though.
done 3 classes, with 3 instructors and each time ive done eevrything and not felt like ive even worked out properly. not a drop of sweat unless the air conditioning is broke and the heaters are on sky high... i even upped it by doing more movement. still nothing

i prefer body jam.....

I'm Zumba-ing twice a week at the mo and I absolutely love it!!

Our classes are huge, 120ish people, and she's still having to add more classes to the schedule! The benefit of having that many people though is that it's only £2.50 a class if 2 places are booked together, bargain!!

I have to say though, I am still doing my Davina DVD too as I don't feel that it's quite as hardcore, nor do I ache in the following days but it's fab cardio workout!

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I love love love Zumba, but I'm laid up with a leg injury at the moment and it's a long road to recovery so I'm really going to be missing Zumba for a while yet boo! :(

@Juicy-Mango -- Wow, big classes. Is there plenty of room? My class is taught in the school cafeteria.

@SurfHunny -- I hope you heal up soon. I know it has been a long hard road to recovery.

MM

MinnieMel said:
@SurfHunny -- I hope you heal up soon. I know it has been a long hard road to recovery.

MM

Thanks it's just so frustrating!! I'm glad when Thursdays roll round so I can go to physio and do exercise, even if it is only a little bit it's still something :)

Can't wait to get back to Zumba though :D

I really fancy going to Zumba, heard lots of good things about it. The only classes in my small town are held in the morning though and there's no childcare facilities :(

Surfhunny..you have my sympathy, I couldn't exercise for a few months last year due to a burn on my leg that needed a skin graft, hated sitting around feeling myself get wobbly. Hope your legs better soon.

I LOVE zumba!!

I've been doing 3 groups a week recently, and not getting bored. Have even bought specific shoes (split sole trainer type shoes) which are fantastic!!

I'm the worst dancer as well, got 2 left feet, yet it really doesn't matter, I have fun, and sweat absolute buckets so it must be working!!

:)

I had a go last week and really enjoyed but unfortunately I work shifts so it's hard to find a class every week, ESP as they book up so quickly

Thanks xSue, I'm hating seeing all the toned muscle I worked so hard for go wobbly. My physio laughed at me last week when I was moaning about it. But she told me not to worry because muscle memory means that a couple of weeks back on track it'll all firm up again, phew!!

I also like the idea that I get weighed and it gets recorded because, when I am no longer on CD and not seeing my CDC, I think I'll still need that accountability. I had been thinking about WW or Slimming World, but RC's low fat diet plan can be adapted to be a Low GI one, as well -- and that is what I want to use for maintaining.

MM

Your instructor weighs you!!?? So glad ours doesn't, once a week at Slimming World is plenty for me!

I love love love the Zumba!! A friend of mine ran a taster at her school recently and a few of us went along to make up the numbers- now we've all got the bug! I found a class locally and about 8 of us go on a Tuesday night. There's about 50 people there in total now! I've also been going to the odd Sat morning class with the same instructor when I have time. This one is much smaller as it's a new class but unfortunately there's a giant mirror just behind the instructor so I can see myself wobbling around.

I looked for Wii game but Amazon said it doesn't come out til March?

It is such a fab thing to do if you have a spare hour. Thoroughly recommend it!

Frankie
xxx

Frankie99 said:
Your instructor weighs you!!?? So glad ours doesn't, once a week at Slimming World is plenty for me!

I love love love the Zumba!! A friend of mine ran a taster at her school recently and a few of us went along to make up the numbers- now we've all got the bug! I found a class locally and about 8 of us go on a Tuesday night. There's about 50 people there in total now! I've also been going to the odd Sat morning class with the same instructor when I have time. This one is much smaller as it's a new class but unfortunately there's a giant mirror just behind the instructor so I can see myself wobbling around.

I looked for Wii game but Amazon said it doesn't come out til March?

It is such a fab thing to do if you have a spare hour. Thoroughly recommend it!

Frankie
xxx

If you read the post properly, they go to a Rosemary Conelly class

i love zumba. high energy, as high impact as you'd like to make it. sweat drips off me and i feel totally amazing afterwards a real high.

i want to do this every day of the week. i have the same instructor and she's very energetic.

Omg... Never heard of this workout till reading this post, so i have just utubed it and it looks fab, will deffo have to get the dvd if there is one.

just got the dv and had a go with my young grand kids, we was in stitches laughing so much but loved it.

Last edited:
trailertramp said:
Omg... Never heard of this workout till reading this post, so i have just utubed it and it looks fab, will deffo have to get the dvd if there is one.

It is amazing!! If you went you wouldn't regret it! It's hard work but so much fun!

I love Zumba!!! I've been doing it for a year now and go twice a week and I find it's a fab work out! My instructor had to turn away 150 people who wanted to join just recently and she has now added an extra class as there is so much demand!

Trace xx

I love it as well. It's the busiest class of the week at my local gym.

Can't believe how much some people pay for their classes!! I pay £38 per month for my gym membership, which includes all classes and the pool, so I feel like I've got a real bargain as I do a class 5-6 times a week.

I think if someone is going to a Zumba class and people there aren't sweating then I'd worry it isn't being taught right. I've never seen anyone NOT sweat buckets at a Zumba class, regardless of their fitness levels.

I'm gutted cos the only class I can manage this week is half an hour, but I guess it's better than no class-I do 2 x 1hr sessions a week with my PT and then a gym session on my own and a class of some sort :)

Back