Who's Loving Zumba!!!!

I've been watching a load of zumba videos on YouTube and I've decided it looks better with people with curves, there's been a few vids with skinny girls and they're good but they look like scarecrows lol. Just a small observation that you've got to have something to shake so zumba works in my curvy favour yay ;)

I'm going to my very first Zumba class in 20 mins!

Will all make you insanely jealous now - we have a gym and sports facility at work - it costs £10 a year - you get unlimited use of gym facilities, and all the fitness classes (inc Zumba etc) are free!

Hi Mandy --

Not totally jealous (a bit), but thrilled to know that their are employers out there who care about their employees' health!

I am sure that you work hard and deserve the "perk".

MM

OMG i would never be away from the gym if it was £10 a year. i would do everything. i pay £66 a month for me and another £9 for my daughter (4yrs old) to go to our gym but the instructors of every class are superb.

I love our gym so much, I've always said I'll get rid of my sky tv, my mobile, my landline, get a cheaper car before I give up that £66 gym membership. Theres gyms much closer to my house but I'd rather go to DLs. I'm just spoilt lol :D

OMG i would never be away from the gym if it was £10 a year. i would do everything. i pay £66 a month for me and another £9 for my daughter (4yrs old) to go to our gym but the instructors of every class are superb.

You make your 4 year old work out!!! lol

I wanted to bring my 12 year old to work out with me, but the gym says she has to be 14. She's almost 5'2" and can wear women's shoes and clothes (size 5 shoe, size 4-6 clothes). I'll bet she can out do 80% of the instructors in any activity.

Oh well... we can Wii Zumba!

MM

i pay £27 for one of my memberships, and im getting a 2nd one at a different gym for £35 :) (a month)
totally worth it, the instructors work you well hard

I LOVE ZUMBA!!! It's fantastic! It's really helped me to lose weight around my hips and thighs. It's great. I have tried 2 classes with different instructors and both have been varied. One has been all about the hip shaking (which I LOVE!) and the other was more Salsa, which again was good fun, but I preferred the shakira-shakira hip shaking! lol

I have to admit, the first class I did I was at the very back on the room and had a lot of nervous laughter because it did feel like I was dancing like I do when I was drunk, but now 5 weeks later, I'm on the front row shaking my ass!!

It's great, I recommend it to everyone! :D:D:D:D

i seem to be the only one who hasnt caught the zumba bug.... ive tried it though.
done 3 classes, with 3 instructors and each time ive done eevrything and not felt like ive even worked out properly. not a drop of sweat unless the air conditioning is broke and the heaters are on sky high... i even upped it by doing more movement. still nothing

i prefer body jam.....

Gina, my sister was the same. She loves working out in the gym and the first few zumba classes she did she didn't feel like she had a good work out so she always does half an hour on the tredmill first. She's got into it a lot more now and feels differently about it, but I think like most things and down to personal taste. As long as you find something you enjoy and feel like it works for you, then that is what's important! :D:):D

Gina, my sister was the same. She loves working out in the gym and the first few zumba classes she did she didn't feel like she had a good work out so she always does half an hour on the tredmill first. She's got into it a lot more now and feels differently about it, but I think like most things and down to personal taste. As long as you find something you enjoy and feel like it works for you, then that is what's important! :D:):D

remembered my first zumba class, that one i did enjoy. but that may have been because id just done some class before it, forgets which now it was a long time ago, but that was just the once i went to that gym. i didnt sweat, but i did get a fairly good workout from it. that was before the zumba craze hit though...... that gyms too far for me to get too and it dosent offer alot :/

way before the craze, there was only about 4 or 5 in the class!

You make your 4 year old work out!!! lol

MM

no lol. she goes to the kids club there.

i'm sure at our gym 12 year olds can do a gym workout with their parent or without their parents when the instructors are doing the class.

I have to admit, the first class I did I was at the very back on the room and had a lot of nervous laughter because it did feel like I was dancing like I do when I was drunk, but now 5 weeks later, I'm on the front row shaking my ass!!

It's great, I recommend it to everyone! :D:D:D:D

my first class i was at the back too but i just couldn't see enough and now after that first week i have my standing spot lol. right at the front row. i can see everything and i don't care who's looking at me cause we're all sweating and having so much fun.

our instructor is very much 'if is jiggles, shake it' she's so much fun and makes you want to do it every day. the other instructor i had was not as good and wasn't working as hard as she could or should have and i found myself not sweating and cold at the end of the session even though i put as much effort into the workout that i could. there was only me and the instructor shaking out lot and she never said anything to anyone. the breaks were too long too.

I love zumba! I go twice a week now lol.
Xx

Love Zumba, but found that the class is definitely only as good as the instructor! I've found a fantastic instructor on a Tuesday night and she has now added a half hour Zumba toning class after it. I prefer a good mix of latin songs and chart tunes and I come away from the class absolutely buzzing

I'm going to my first ever Zumba class tomorrow night with a friend who's been a few times and is addicted!! I'm really looking forward to it but also nervous as I've heard it's totally knackering!!!

I'm going to my first ever Zumba class tomorrow night with a friend who's been a few times and is addicted!! I'm really looking forward to it but also nervous as I've heard it's totally knackering!!!

you'll love it. do it at your level :D

when it's done correctly it should be knackering. don't badly and you don't feel it or sweat or anything.

well my fave instructor is starting zumba training, so ill try one of her classes when she get teaching it.

Hi,

I am starting Zumba on Friday, im a little nervous though as a colleuge does it and she is mega fit and says its a good work out and quite hard. Is it really that hard, im worried i wont be able to do it. I went to the gym alot last year but got ill in September and only started back up last week. Am i going to die in Zumba from being to unfit?

Back