WHO'S UP FOR A QUICKIE

shrm26

Glamorous Gran
That got you all looking:)
I really need to lose 12lbs by 12/12 (HOLIDAYYYYY...singing it Madonna style! :party0011:) and wondered if anyone wants to join me on this mini challenge of mine. To be honest this is purely for selfish reasons as if i try to do it alone i know i will fail. I need the support and knowledge that there's others alongside of me.
Give me a shout and let me know if you're in. Thanks folks.
Shar xx

ME ME ME!!! I am going on holiday on the 14th and before I even started the diet I set myself a target of 5 stone 1 to lose before I went. I have 12lbs still to go. I have no idea how I'm going to lose it in just over 2 weeks though - so any advice would be appreciated!

OK, so I won't lose that much but i'd like to get as close as I can.

Anyone else in?

OK, so I won't lose that much but i'd like to get as close as I can.

Anyone else in?

My sentiments exactly, just to get as close as poss to my goal will be great and mean i can fit in all the bl**dy size 14's that i bought for the hols and are packed waiting to go........

Nothing like as sunny as where you're off to!! We're going for a cruise round the arctic circle to see the northern lights. I'm really excited (and at least I won't have to put my swimming cossie on) but its soooo cold here, a bit of sunshine sounds very appealing :)

We're going for a cruise round the arctic circle to see the northern lights.

Yhat sounds gorgeous! would love to go on a cruise but i am sooooooooooo sea sick as well as plane sick and kids sick and husband sick and work sick blah blah blah..........:)

Oh god, I hadn't even thought about seasick until you mentioned it. The last time I went on a boat (one of those day trips in Greece) I spent the whole day being sick. Mind you I did have a killer hangover. I'm glad you mentioned it - I can be prepared now.

Well I better go and drink some water. I'm rubbish at drinking it but will aim for 4 litres a day for our challenge.

Are you going to be eating on holiday?

I have decided i will eat as last time i went(only for 3 weeks) i actually lost weight. I think its because i am a lot more active....walking, swimming, playing with my 3 yo niece etc and i tend to eat a lot more fruit out there and drink a ton of fluid. Here i sit at a pc for 8 hrs at work, go home, cook for the family then sit at the pc for another couple of hours while feeling guily that i'm not on the treadmill. I've turned my spare room into a gym but i tends to gather dust every couple of days...lol

I'm eating too. I know it will set my progress back by a week or two but i'm prepared for that. We haven't had a holiday for years (I won this one in a radio competition) so I have to make the most of it.

I would love a gym in the spare room - mind you, I'm sure mine would be a dust trap too - like my exercise DVDS. I do try to go for a long walk 4 times a week though.

Can't wait to go swimming, but not while i'm this size. It would scare the children!!

Good morning Angelchops, how was yesterday...did you manage to down your water. Its weird, i used to hate the stuff, now its my preferred beverage!

Today is 2 weeks away from my hols and the first official day of my mini-challenge. i weighed in this morn at 166.6lbs :mad: so lets see what damage can be done in the next 2 weeks.

Last night if you pressed your nose upto my bedroom window and peered through the tiny gap of the curtains you would have been greeted with a horrendous sight.......ME, DANCING MANICALLY AROUND THE BEDROOM BURNING CALORIES :eek::eek::eek:. Mind you, it was great fun and i was sweating like a pig 1/2 hour later.Think me will do this every night as well as the treadmill or bike:)

Morning!! What's your name? - I can't just call you shrm26. I'm Emma :D

Failed miserably on the water yesterday - I managed 2 and a half litres. I need someone here to moan at me constantly. Im christmas shopping today, so it will be even harder but so long as I beat yesterday i'll be happy.

The dancing is a fab idea - I might even get my children involved as I won't feel such a nutter if we all do it together!! Anything that gets you sweating has to be good.

Good luck today - just think how gorgeous you will look on the beach :)

Hi Emma. my name is Sharmaine.
I will be your beating stick :whoopass:when it comes to the water as i was the worst offender before.
My minimum aim is 2L but i find i am managing 4 - 5l. The way i manage is to drink the majority, if not all 2L, by midday. That then gets it out the way and then i dont feel so pressured as i've reached my limit. The only downfall is the trips to the loo and during the night. Mind you, i love the way my skin is looking lately.:)

I need help to stop picking. I'm in ketosis so i'm not hungry but my hand keeps slipping into the biscuit tin, the bread bin or the fruit bowl - i think i miss flavour. I just need to get through a day at a time and i know the results will follow.

OMG I am going to be weeing all round the shops but I accept your challenge!!

I thought my skin would be radiant after three months of this, but it seems drier than usual - not glowing like i'd hoped - still thats a small price to pay, and I just keep whacking on the moisturiser.

Well done on your 4-5 litres. Ive never drunk very much but I keep reminding myself "the more you drink the more you shrink" and god do I need to shrink!!!

I've got another 4 WI's b4 xmas (getting weighed on xmas eve which is great!) So hoping for atleast 12lbs in that time, a steady 3lb a week, hopefully more :) So count me in! Your hols sound great! Hope you all have a fab time :)

OMG I am going to be weeing all round the shops but I accept your challenge!!

I thought my skin would be radiant after three months of this, but it seems drier than usual - not glowing like i'd hoped - still thats a small price to pay, and I just keep whacking on the moisturiser.

Well done on your 4-5 litres. Ive never drunk very much but I keep reminding myself "the more you drink the more you shrink" and god do I need to shrink!!!

My skin is drier too! Was surprised cos like you i thought it would be much better :confused: Strange but small thing to put up with if I get the weight off. Did you say you were from Scotland?

Nonot Scotland Nessie, but wish I was as its beautiful - we went to Mull a few years ago and I fell in love with it!

Glad to know your skin is dry too (I don't mean this in a horrible way!) sometimes you think you're the only one with these problems, then you come on here and realise you're perfectly normal :D (well - normal ish!)

Hi Emma & Nessie,

been running around today like a mad woman, finished work at 2pm but just got home (11.09).
Glad to have you aboard Nessie:welcome:. Sorry to hear you both suffer with dry skin but good onya Ems , keep up the moisturizer.

BTW, did you suceed with the challenge? (you thought i forgot, didnt you????:p) hope so, coz the next one is to drink 1 glass every 2 hours tomorrow:eek:.....by God i'm gonna get your water intake up. shar xx

I failed my challenge :(- but I was much better during the afternoon and evening though...I will do my best this morning but this afternoon I help out in my daughters class, and I really do NOT want to have to use the childrens toilets (not only are they FOUL, but adults can see over the door) Ive been helping out there for two years but have never been invited to use the teachers loo!!

All that rushing about Shar, can only be good. You must be exhausted today though.

Keep up the good work. You too Nessie

Love Emma x

well done for trying the challenge, how did you get on with the 2nd challenge.

Cant believe that they dont allow you to use the adults toilet at the school....how uncomfortable is that using the small loos, i dont think i could stoop that low (no pun intended!!!)

Didnt have a good day yesterday, felt quite unwell and left work early. Went to bed about 2.30pm and woke at 4am but i am 1lb down today.

here's to a good day to all. xx

Back