Why am I putting on weight with 810?

Soel

Final Time on Cambridge
I'm so fed up.

First weigh-in last Tuesday after my first week of 810 I'd put on 1 and 3/4 pounds. Thought, never mind, don't make a big deal out of it and it'll come off next week as it's just my body adjusting to 810 from SS. Anyway, now it's Friday and I've weighed myself and I've only lost 1/4 of a pound. Surely that's not right with just taking in 810 calories?

Very very peed off and if I don't at least lose what I originally put on in the first week, then I feel like going up the plans to come off Cambridge entirely. It takes a lot of money - £160 a month - and a lot of willpower to stick to this and not get anything out of it.

Sorry for my moan, just had to get it out.

Has anyone else experienced this weight gain on Cambridge 810?

I'm doing a week of 810 at the moment. I have lost weight, but now towards the end of the week I seem to be putting it back on.

I know that I did it wrong though. In the stapled in bit of paper, it says "In addition to the 3 tablespoons list of vegetables, you may also include spring onions, spinach, green pepper,etc, etc".

I thought that meant that I could have my 3 tablespoons PLUS spinach, green pepper etc. I was wrong, apparently.

Also the times that you eat can make a difference. I tend to eat late at night and don't go for a number two until I've had some exercise in the day. So weighing myself in the morning, I still have the weight of that extra food in my belly.

Don't know if that helps at all..

Thanks LP for your help, I'll read and re-read the booklet and have a word with my counsellor.

Cheers, S

Are your portions more than what you should be having ? Maybe its your body ajusting to the new diet it could take you a couple of weeks for your body to ajust . Are you doing any excersise ?

Hi, not doing 810 myself but thinking about it- HOW can you be putting ON weight when you are only eating 810 cals a day- it is so few! Just can't get my head round it- in comparison to pre-cambridge days its nothing really is it?

Take care and keep us posted x

I've done the 810 week twice now and lost both times, 2lbs the first time and 3lbs the second. Both times I did the 810 it kick started my weight loss again which had slowed the week or two before so I definately think its what the body needs. As someone else said the maths adds up, only 810 calories is guaranteed to cause weight loss, perhaps its water retention and will come off in the following week. Make sure you are drinking your full quota of water each day, I know that makes a difference to me and also measure carefully your portion sizes.

Yes, I would definitely look at losses on 810 over two weeks.

It may be that your body is taking time to get used to the extra food and it will all even itself out the next week.

Also, I went up from Sole Source, to Sole Source plus and THEN 810, so my body was more used to food than if I'd been on Sole Source.

Good luck and do keep us updated.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply - there's useful suggestions and things to think about there. Weighed myself again this morning - still nothing off but I'm going to increase my water and measure, measure, measure!. I know I should exercise more, but I'm feeling really low and tired at the moment so it's hard to summon up the energy. Like you all say, 810 calories are so low it's got to come off sometime!!

I'll let you know when I get through this plataux (spelling??).

Many thanks for your help, S

Did you ever get days where you stayed the same on SS? I know I have had the scales stay the same for up to 4 days and then I'll drop a lb a day after that for the next 3-4, could it be something like that with you too?

Thanks Sunflowers, could well be. According to my scales I've lost 3/4lb this week (the 2nd week of 810), but that's still 1/2lb up from my last SS weigh-in 2 weeks ago. My counsellor is coming soon so I'll see what she thinks. My body's just not playing the game!

Thanks again, S

I've done 810 once and it was my smallest loss which was 2 pounds. I kind of think that the body 'grabbed' the food and quickly stored it after having starvation rations of the previous 12 weeks, maybe your body is doing the same - it feels threatened so is grabbing the food.

I also noticed your BMI though is already in the healthy range and maybe your body is struggling a little to drop much lower?

Back