Why am I so rubbish?!

ohtobeslinky

Silver Member
It's ridiculous. I want to be slim. I want to be fit and healthy. I want to be able to play rugby without wanting to die at the end of it.

Then why oh why can't I stick to this blimmin' diet?! It's so simple - it works - it satisfies - then why can't I resist snacking on sweeties & crisps? Why can't I get off my bottom and go to the gym more than once a week? Am I just destined to be fat and ugly for the rest of my life?!!!

ARGGGHHHH!

(sorry - just had to rant!) x

First things first, you are NOT ugly so don't you go putting yourself down!!!!! (Nag over!)

Can I suggest you make your way over to the main Minimins page as there are sections there for people who have a lot of weight to lose, who need extra motivation, success stories. There are some VERY good posts there to help with motivation etc.

I've felt like you have before, and I'm sure I will again.

You will get there xxxx

Hi mate

Are you focussing to much on negatives?

The language you use (rubbish, ridiculous, fat, ugly) is very damaging- would you speak about another person like this? NO! So why about yourself?

You need to focus on some positive stuff. You have already lost 11lb- thats 2 bags of potatoes and 2 packets of butter- you would struggle to lift all that! You also need to remember all the food that you DIDNT eat today- all the stuff you managed to resist that you would have ate before. How many syns in all that stuff?

You may also need to think about what triggers you wanting snacks- is it linked to how you feel? Think of it like having 2 stomachs: 1 real (that tells you you are hungry ehrn you genuinly are) and 1 phantom (that tells you you need food when you actually don't- probably for comfort). The way you can tell if it is your 'phanton' stomach is if you feel the need to eat instantly- this urgent 'need' to eat doesn't happen with real hunger, which is more gradual. You then have to realise that this 'need' to eat has been triggered by something else- try and get to the bottom of that and realise eating will not solve the underlying problem.

All easier said than done, I know. But it can be done- I still battle with it now, but the positives of a large weight loss FAR outweigh any negatives. Focus on those positives- swap "I look ugly" for "I am going to look/feel fantastic

xxxx

I think there are some brilliant answers on here. I love the idea of 2 stomachs as its so close to where Im trying to think with real hunger and head hunger. I know that I eat when Im tired and not feeling well and I know it doesnt help but Im finding it so hard to stop. The first line of your post could be me well not the part about rugby but I'll put swimming in there instead lol
Youve done so well to lose so far and Im sure that with the help and support of the wonderful people on here you'll carry on and do great and inspire people like me who are struggling to even start.

My favourite quote is
Take pride in how far you have come. Have faith in how far you can go

Lets have faith together eh
love
Tab

As someone so wisely said on here a while back "if you don't fancy free food, you're not hungry".

I use this as my mantra whenever I feel the need to 'pick', and it has saved me on a number of occasions.

Sorry, I can't remember who to credit this to, but feel sure that it will help others - it just gives you that second or two to THINK before the naughty item goes down the hatch!

Thank you guys - I needed that boost - I'll have a look on the other posts that you have suggested. Feeling better today - will feel even better tomorrow when I get to see my hunky personal trainer at the gym! I'll remember to shave my legs this time when I wear shorts in the gym heheheheh x

I agree. Please stop putting yourself down and start loving yourself. You are lovely so enough of the negative stuff!

I will tell you what has worked for me, and it may not work for everyone.
I know what triggers me off to binge, and those are the main reasons why I had given up with SW in the past...
Bread, chocolate and crisps...
If I have any of those I want MORE and MORE and it's not good syning them as it's not enough!
So, I gave them all up. Totally. I have not had a slice of bread or any crisps in 6 months, and only 2 small chocs (which I did not enjoy)
Without them I don't have the desire to binge or eat the wrong stuff and feel as inspired as I did the 1st day with SW.
I don't miss them at all and it really has helped. But that is just me. Everyone is different.
Anyway, good luck. You CAN do it!

Back