Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Why am I suddenly so hungry?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Letty, 14 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Letty

Letty Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(24.37%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Sole Source
    Hi all,
    Oddly, I am suddenly feeling hungry a lot with a rumbly tummy, just the last couple of days. I've been 100% SS for nigh on 4 weeks and am having a good 3 litres of water a day. I haven't struggled with hunger at all so far, but today and yesterday I have been feeling hungrier than usual- I haven't had a bar since Tuesday, so don't think it's a knock on of that. I am also on 4 packs a day, and haven't been missing any.

The only thing I can think of is that, because I am on a deadline this week, I have been putting in some late hours working and sleeping a bit less. :character00148: I am pretty stressed and have been necking the caffeine- maybe this has sped up the metabolism a smidge?

Any advice would be much appreciated! I usually feel satisfied for a good 4 hours after a pack, but am getting hungry after 2 or 3 at the mo. :hmm:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. furrysmudge

furrysmudge Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Bouncing back to Slimming World
    Could it be your TOTM due? I felt like going off the rails a bit before mine....good luck with it hun and try to talk yourself out of it. (Hard I know!!) x

4. Jesslima

Jesslima Is determined!

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Hi Letty, the only time i feel a bit hungry is on the days i go to the gym, so maybe that is why because you have been working so hard.
    Would it be possible for you to split packs or do you have tetras at work?
    I only go a few of hours in between:
    I have 1/2 shake (hot with tea) at 7am
    then been having 1/2 bar 10am ish
    1/2 shake 12ish
    1/2 shake 3ish
    Some days i have ss+ meal
    then 1/2 shake tea, and 1/2 bar.

Hope that helps xx :)

5. Letty

Letty Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(24.37%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Sole Source
    Hi furrysmudge- good idea, thanks, although not sure in this case. I am on the pill so not sure that the TOTM makes much difference.

Hiya Jess, I think you're right, it must be the strain of the extra hours- I started writing at 7am this morning and am still here! Same yesterday, so makes sense. Perhaps in future when I know I will be doing this I will split all my packs, or even do an SS+ week- although that makes me nervous; do you find it hard to go back to SS afterwards?

6. Jesslima

Jesslima Is determined!

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Not at all, my cdc said i can do ss or ss+ and alternate between the two, so i just do whatever i feel like on those days. I didnt want to become scared of eating, so i'd rather have a few meals a week even if it slows my weightloss a bit, and its nice to sit down and eat with my husband. But i don't find it makes me feel any hungrier or harder to do ss. x

7. Letty

Letty Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(24.37%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Sole Source
    Oooh, thanks Jess, that's good to hear. I have become a bit paranoid about food and am planning an SS+ or even 810 week in a couple of weeks' time to prepare for going to a wedding. I am terrified that SS will be really hard afterwards, so that's reassuring.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.