Why are you doing this diet..?

beanflower

Is it so you'll feel better about yourself? For health reasons? For a holiday? So you can have children?

Just wondering what motivates everyone else.

For me, it's so I can feel better about myself, so I can feel good when I see my reflection. My upcoming wedding gave me the kick I needed to get started, but I'm really just doing this for me, and (most of the time) I'm proud of what I've achieved so far and that motivates me to carry on.

Hope anyone reading this can also be proud of what they've achieved so far too. We're all on this journey, and we should be proud of ourselves for being pro-active.

Sorry for babbling on.

Bean x

Hi Bean!

I'm doing it because I know I look better when I'm slimmer. But I am lucky in that even at my heaviest I never had self esteem issues and my weight never stopped me doing anything...So I suppose its a vanity thing!!

Though I have to say its a about health too. In my work I see a lot of overweight people suffering the consequences. Plus it makes all aspects of treatment and care so much harder if a person is very overweight.

I agree we should be proud of ourselves for doing something positive! :D

Hi ya ladies...

I am doing it so I can feel better too! I hate moaning about being big but not doing enough about it!
I have hypothyroidism and so put on 2 stone in a short space of time... Tried all sorts of diets but nothing was working, think it was to do with thyroid but who knows. This is the first diet I have done where the scales are actually going down! Cannot wait to see the 10's again.. only 6lbs or so to go!!

Goodluck all :)

I'm doing this diet because I need a structured plan with support, I like the one to one consultations rather than being in a group, I like the products, and I know it gives good quick results.

I also like that there's a sound medical basis to it so I know it's healthy, and there's a proper programme for maintaining.

I'm doing CD because I know it's fast and it's safe. My eating habits had got so badly out of control all I was eating was jelly beans mostly. This caused acne on my back (embarrassing) My self esteem is through the floor but improving daily, none of my clothes fit, I have no energy or confidence. I couldn't cope in the LL groups so chose to do CD and now 2 and a half weeks in I feel at least 25% better in myself. I think another couple of months and the already improved me will be vastly improved :)

Hello all. I think I am doing this for self esteem and health issues.

I work in television and so image is everything and I was sick of being the biggest person in the building.

I have always had very low self esteem and hated to look in the mirror...I want to wear beautiful fashionable clothes that reflect my personality...because at the time of starting the diet I was wearing clothes for practicality and whatever covered me up the most. and at 24 that is not right.

I am also in a very happy relationship but ironically being so happy led me to eat and eat as i was so comfortable..and also because my bf is very thin naturally so eating what he ate became a problem for me. also our relationship may have suffered if I had carried on because i wasnt happy with anyone seeing my body.

and also finally...i love exercise...i was a trained lifeguard and kayak instructor...i love zumba...long distance running and swimming. but because of the weight...i was too embarrased to go out and exercise...again very ironic and a vicious circle. as soon as I get to goal...a gym membership is the first thing i will be investing in!!!

so thats me. :)

xxx

Firstly because my eating was totally out of control &, as a former cd'er I know that this is such a respite from the world of food. Also, we want to start a family & I want to be a healthy bmi.

Well for me its obviously to be more healthy but my number 1 reason is to get my confidence back i have been through a pretty rough time in life. Im one of those people guilty of pretending to be happy always the girl with a great personality so i want to be the girl who is beautifull and has a great personality =D Last year i spent 9 months in Australia and 2 months in Asia and hated the fact that all my photos were of everyone else as i cant stand the sight of myslef, my weight limited me doing ALOT of things and thats when i finally said NO this has to stop i dont want to be like this my eating habbits were insane so i too am very proud of myself and everyone else on here for what we are achieving for ourselves for our different reasons x

Well, I do want to be healthy, that's got to be one of my main reasons, but I also want to feel beautiful, which I never really have. I was getting there the last time I did Cambridge, so I'd love to go all the way and feel good about myself again.

And I hope my confidence will improve. I'm a law student, and so much of being good in my future career is being confident and at the moment I'm just not...

Hi all,

I m doing this for a number of reasons, but the main one is that I was not be a mum,, I have pcos and have struggled with my weight for years, I did this diet and LL a few years ago and lost a good four stone, but the only problem was that my mum had a stroke and I started to comfort eat. I met my partner and the highlight of my life was having a meal on a weekend like a take away and film or sneaky meal out. Then I realised that I was getting the help with my pcos and family was doing well that I thought that this was then,y thing that I didn't have control of and was getting me down. Los I gave my CDC a bell and he I am three weeks in and a stone and a half lighter :0)

There are a number of other reasons but the one above is the main one... They are

Getting my confidence back

Getting into clothes that I have that have been in the wardrobe for years.

Feeling healthier

Knowing that when I walk into that hall on 28.4.2012 for my birthday / engagement party I don't feel like a whale and want to feel good about myself

To be called mummy... Not just gem.. I know cd isn't just going to help me but it's a start

Be pain free as I suffer with a bad back

I hit rock bottom and don't intend on ever being there again... Life is to short not to be happy, when it's something that you can change

Xxxx

I'm also doing it because it's fast (I start...AGAIN on Wednesday) and I no I've done it before and I can do it again! I'm also sick of going into shops and picking something up and thinking 'that would look great if I was slim' :( but here is to a happy healthy 2012 and this time I will keep it off for longer than 6 months lol!!! X

Hello everyone. I am doing it because I am 40 in July and don't want to go into my 40s so big. Also I liken the Cambridge 4 overeaters to people who drink going on the wagon. It makes You totally evaluate your eating habits. Lastly just knowing you will come out of ketosis is a big incentive not to cheat because I wouldn't want to go through that part again. X X

I wanted to be 'me' again and not the fat frumpy mum I had become.

But then, I am also marrying my OH finally, so that was also my motivation.

i'm losing weight to be eligible for IVF.

I'm doing Cambridge because my disordered eating had become such a mess that other diets were making me go on long binge cycles. It turns out that abstinence was much more doable for me.

Im doing this Diet because im so so so sick of my low body confidence which is effecting my social life and my relationship:cry: Before i had children i was a confident bubbly person, outgoing and the life and soul of a party...... now although i do prefer to stay in with the hubby i dont hardly go out anywhere, always talking myself out of it and i know deep down if i felt better in the clothes i was wearing i would be out being the old me that i used to be.
Ive been hiding away eating and eating to hide the fact that i should have been losing it.......... yes i know not alot to lose but this not alot to me will be life changing!

So I am able to have IVF. My BMI is far too high at the moment, but I'm hoping to shock my consultant at the next appointment!

Airlie x

I'm doing it because my weight had been gradually creeping up for years and despite losing a bit every so often, I've never managed to get to the weight I really want to be at (and I've always gone back to my old habits and put it back on).

Plus, in a couple of years I would like to have children and dont want my weight to stop me doing this or any of the other things in life that I enjoy (skiing, hiking etc)

CD seems to be working very well for me so far and its the first diet I can see myself sticking to because it removes all temptations.

I doing it ....
A) to look good for my wedding (6-6-12)
B) Health
C) exercise without embarrassment
D) 'cos I stupidly put it all back on at the end of last year (didn't do the maintenance)

I'm doing it so I can fit into a basque!

No really! I've joined an dance class, where both my girls dance, for adults (mostly mums of the kids) anyway been having such a laugh at classes, but it got to crunch time, as everyone started talking outfits for the show!

We are doing 3 dances, one in a short charleston dress, one in a short cheerleaders outfit, and (to Hey Big Spender) yes that's right a basque.

Needless to say the thought of me getting up on stage to do several shows in front of loads of people was just the inspiration I needed to get me sorted!

I'm determined this time! Last time round put it all back on as went thro a difficult time when I lost my dad! This time I'm sticking with it until I'm nearer goal then switching to slimming world! Nothing against the cd higher plans, it just does not work for me as I like my carbs.

Ultimately I'm going to change my lifestyle and attitude to eating!

Oh and hopefully people will laugh with me when I'm on stage and not at me! With the exception of my eldest who is highly embarrassed that her 40 odd year old mother is on stage girating her hips to her friends and their parents. Lol

I'm doing it so I no longer feels disgusting about myself and if I can do it then to be brave enough to book a beach holiday abroad (7 years since my last one) and also to go to a charity ball in August wearing a gorgeous ball gown instead of a tent :) X

Back