Why are you doing this?

Sweetie_Jo

Not sure if this has been done before, but thought it might help if we said why we are doing this diet. So if anyone is having a bad day, just read back to this and remind yourself!

I am doing this diet:

1. For myself! To make myself feel good and not dread going clothes shopping. I want to feel confident and stop being the 'fat' one.

2. For my daughter. I dont want her growing up constantly worrying about her weight and get to where i am now as in how i look and feel.

Hope this helps you all :)

For my health. I have type 2 diabetes and before starting my VLCD I was on 4 metformin and another tablet. My sugar still wasn't under control. Within 2.5 weeks of starting the diet I was off all of my diabetes medication!

1,because i want to stop having to avoid looking in the mirror anymore because i hate what i see

2,im getting married in sep and want to look great in my dress

3,i have a whole wardrobe of "slim" clothes that i want to be able to wear again

1. For my health, have been told by the Dr I am a DVT risk due to my weight.

2. For my son. I don't want him to have a fat mummy who can't keep up with him, who is always on diets etc

3. For me. Just me.

1. To prove to myself I'm worth being healthy slim and happy.
2. To be able to have a full and exciting life that doesn't revolve around food.
3. So my boys grow up with a healthy slim mum who doesn't use her weight as an excuse not to do things.
4. Cos I don't want to waste another second of my life being big.

1. for my health- to improve my PCOS (and hopefully get rid!) and to reduce my risk of diabetes, get rid of pre-diabetes
2. To find out what 'slim' me looks like- always been obese
3. to do normal things without my weight being the first thing on my mind- go bowling, go swimming, clubbing, anything.
4. To go in shops with my skinny sisters, not stand out Topshop pretending to text
5. To be able to shop in real people shops
6. To get confident enough to meet someone, maybe even have kids one day- never thought I'd be able to
7. Change my attitude to food for life
8. To prove everyone wrong, my parents and siblings and all the haters who've said I'll never be thin

Phew! I know there is more, what a good thread!

1. Because I'm sick of feeling like my life is on hold while I try to lose weight.

2. I want to be able to shop for clothes with my daughter without having to go to the fat section.

3. I don't want to feel that if people talk about me I will be described as 'the fat one'.

4. I'm going to Seoul, Beijing and Hong Kong and want to be able to take pictures with me in them!

1) because I want to buy clothes in 'normal' shops & begin to love shopping again.

2) I don't want my kids to have the 'fat mommy' at the school gates

3)...and I'm now getting married so I want to look amazing & start a new slim chapter in my life.

Sent by Mrs Cupcake to be <3

1, To feel better in myself, be more confident!
2, For my son!
3, To be slim and healthy again when i get pregnant (hopefully next year)
4, To shop in topshop!!
5, Not to be described as the 'small chubby one'!!
5, To be a mini bride on my wedding day abroad next year!

I want to look nice and feel good in clothes and not feel self concious

I want clothes shopping to be a pleasure not something I dread

I want to feel more confident, I want to feel sexy

I am 41 and my son is only 5 , he deserves a fit healthy Mum who is going to be around for a long time

I want to prove to myself I can do anything I put my mind too , I gave up smoking , I can do this !

I want to finally feel in control of my food instead of the other way around

I want my son to learn healthy eating habits

I want to be able to tuck into burger and chips and a bar of chocolate occasionally without the feeling of guilt that always comes with it

I want more energy

I want to teach my son to swim but feel too self conscious and he is missing out

1. To be healthier, more confident and wear the clothes I want to wear!
2. I get married in June this year and want to be confident on the big day!

x

I never EVER want to have to ask for an extension belt on a flight in my whole life again!

My 10 top reasons for doing this

1. To feel much better about myself and like myself more (getting there)
2. To stop thinking that the first thing people see is my weight (done) :)
3. To get my BP under control as it was on the cusp of needing medication pre diet (done - BP normal) :)
4. To not be 'at risk of diabetes in later life' as my doc told me (hopefully done but I'll have a blood sugar test when I finish the diet)
5. To not be huffing and puffing when I walk up 2 flights of stairs or uphill (done) :)
6. For my back and feet not to ache so much if I am on my feet for too long (done) :)
7. To be able to shop in 'normal' shops without hiding in the plus size section, and to be able to put something on and feel good about it rather than settling on the item of clothing that's not quite as bad as the rest
8. To not be at risk of shortening my life because of my weight
9. To sort out my food demons and move to a healthy diet when I start to refeed and maintain (work in progress forever for sure :))
10. Ultimate goal - be comfortable wearing shorts and sleeveless tops on holiday and feel happy and confident

1. For me, fed up being fat and wearing "fat clothes"
2. Forty next year and determined not going to be fat and forty and would like to go somewhere warm with hubby (hint hint) and kids if I really have to unless nice grandma wants to babysit them for a week
3. Going on holiday this year and dont want to be a sweaty lump at the pool
4. Get my legs back and possibly wear a nice dress occasionally
5. To show my kids that life does not revolve round sticky, creamy, yummy fattening foods, you can live and eat nice stuff

I am sure there are plenty more reasons but thats my main ones.

I have a great life, I want to enjoy it rather than being constantly obsessed about my weight.
I go to fantastic places where I should be recording my life experiences with photos, not hiding from them.
To be the confident, cheery, anxiety free person that I can be, not all tied up with disliking myself.
To look great in nice clothes and have the confidence to flaunt and flirt and have fun. Dump the self deprecating clown act.

Excellent thread. I'm looking forward to reading everyones answers.

Bumping this great thread. In no particular order:

1. To wear a pretty wedding dress in October and feel comfortable having photographs taken.
2. To be able to get into my own wellies, instead of wearing DB's size 11's to fit over my calves!
3. Health - to feel strong again and able to walk and run.
4. Never to see "is obese" written on my hospital notes again. :(
5. To wear clothes that don't consist of giant black tops and black elasticated trousers.
6. To be able to walk into a lingerie department and know I'll be able to find a few bras (or even one!) that fit me.
7. To be able to stand or walk for more than 30 minutes without my feet being in agony.
8. To look as good as I can.

I think this is a great thread, but I had a little lump in my throat reading it - but all the reasons for losing the weight ring so true.
I want to be slim so I look and feel younger
I want to be able to just wear totally normal clothes without worrying about what other people think
I want to, most of all be able to look my body up and down and think it is ok, never perfect, but OK
I want to show the people who said I was "fine" how I was, that actually being 80lbs overweight is not fine and was never fine and will never be fine for me again
I want to (and have already invested) to wear gorgeous matching underwear - not for anybody else but for ME...(hopefully not just for me for ever!!!)
I want to use my spa without having to wrap a massive towel around me before I get in it.
SO, I am obviously very superficial and just want to look good x

weasey said:
For my health. I have type 2 diabetes and before starting my VLCD I was on 4 metformin and another tablet. My sugar still wasn't under control. Within 2.5 weeks of starting the diet I was off all of my diabetes medication!

This has really chocked me up as my hubbie is on the same level of metformin but just resigned that it wouldn't change. We are due to get our delivery on tues so starting on Wednesday, he's so hopeful now of not only losing weight and getting healthier but possibility of reducing a his meds :)
Thank you do much x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

1,because i want to stop having to avoid looking in the mirror anymore because i hate what i see

2,im getting married in sep and want to look great in my dress

3,i have a whole wardrobe of "slim" clothes that i want to be able to wear again

My reasons are the same BB12 - althought not getting married till 2013 .... but i'd love to fit my slim clothes i can not afford to be this size and live in leggings as too fat for anything else !

1. Crippling back pain due to sacroilliac joint disfunction, not helped by being 7 st overweight.

2. I want to know what it feels like to be slim. I've been overweight since I was a child.

3. I want to be able to buy fashionable clothes in high street stores instead of plus size websites.

4. I'm off to Tenerife in June for my friends hen weekend and then her wedding in July and I want to look the best I can.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using MiniMins

Back