Why are YOU losing weight? <3

I never had that 'lighting bolt' moment I weighed 10stone through my til I met my husband and got comfortable then at 20 I suddenly whacked on 4/5 stone I think I weighed around 220lbs when I got married and loads of people that hadnt seen me for a while were shocked - then we had our son and I developed pnd which led to a vicious circle of gaining more weight and basically being in denial - I remember having a pre-op for having my gallbladder removed in feb 2011 and the scales reading at 112kg (17st 9lbs- this is my heaviest known weight) even then I only cut back slightly and lost under a stone - it wasn't till a year later and I decided to mosey into a SW group on valentines day this year since my husband was working away - i weighed in at 16stone 13lbs and 16 weeks later I've lost over 3 stones x but thinking back I think there were lots of little reasons - my son starting school this year and I don't want embarrass him, We'd like a second child (no success after trying for 2 years) I want to be confident, healthy and happy in my own skin x

I never had that 'lighting bolt' moment I weighed 10stone through my til I met my husband and got comfortable then at 20 I suddenly whacked on 4/5 stone I think I weighed around 220lbs when I got married and loads of people that hadnt seen me for a while were shocked - then we had our son and I developed pnd which led to a vicious circle of gaining more weight and basically being in denial - I remember having a pre-op for having my gallbladder removed in feb 2011 and the scales reading at 112kg (17st 9lbs- this is my heaviest known weight) even then I only cut back slightly and lost under a stone - it wasn't till a year later and I decided to mosey into a SW group on valentines day this year since my husband was working away - i weighed in at 16stone 13lbs and 16 weeks later I've lost over 3 stones x but thinking back I think there were lots of little reasons - my son starting school this year and I don't want embarrass him, We'd like a second child (no success after trying for 2 years) I want to be confident, healthy and happy in my own skin x

You are very inspiring! I had my gallbladder out at thirteen years old so I never really understood that it was because of my poor diet, even though the doctors would constantly tell me it was. It's taken me seven years to finally say enough is enough. I wish you every success in continuing to lose weight and continue having children! :)

My aim is to have more energy and a healthy bmi. My kick up the bum was my eldest daughter telling me I was tubby. I tried not to show how upset I was when my hubby asked her why she said she wanted me to be more active. It was a real wake up call for me, made me realise that chocolate wasn't what I'm living for. I've not had chocolate (apart from a hi-fi light, so no big bags of maltesers etc) for 4 weeks now and I don't miss it!! :)

Great to read everyone's posts :)

I want to be fit, but mostly I want to be able to wear any clothes that I want without feeling akward about my chubby thighs!
And I want to let my boyfriend have a sexy fit girlfriend :) He supports me by always saying that I'm beautiful, but I really want to make him proud of me!

I knew I needed to lose weight when I had my baby..
Coming back from the hospital nothing fit me.. I spent the first couple of weeks in nighties and a dressing gown, not by choice, but because it was literally the only thing that fit.
As my bump slowly went down, I was left with the most horrendous body I had ever seen.. I had a big apron of fat with a c-section scar running through, big love handles. bingo wings, chunky thighs and stretchmarks everywhere. Looking in the mirror I knew I had to do something about it. I refused to have any photos took with my little boy which I now regret..

I joined when Max was 8 weeks old and have never looked back.. Im almost 8 weeks in and 20lbs lighter, my tummy has gone down, Ive lost inches off my waist, hips and arms and my stretchmarks are fading.. my old clothes are also fitting too! Im starting to feel like ME again!

And Im not going to stop now till I get to my target weight because I cant wait to rock my pair of heels with skinny jeans and push my son in his pram proudly like the yummy mummy I want to be!

Very inspirational stories on here. I'd like to be able to feel comfortable in a bikini, but most importantly I'd love to be able to go in to any shop on the high street and be assured that I could look good in pretty dresses that I see rather that worry about them clinging to me too much

I want to get skinny sexy girl back, when I was 18 I was a size 10 and I love being able to go in any shop and basically wear anything.

This is going to sound stupid but since I started gaining weight I have dreamed of fitting into a nice pair of Diesel Jeans and a nice fitted top, I refuse to buy expensive clothes (not many would fit anyway) while I'm this size, so I cannot wait till I get to target and can go and get some.
Also I don't want my son to be embarrassed by me, he's only 2 now so he knows no different but by the time he starts nursery I want to be at target so he's not embarrassed by me, also I feel guilty about my weight as it has stopped me taking him to playgroups and things cos I get paranoid people are going to think I'm horrid looking.

Also when we have our first family holiday abroad (not for a few years yet) I want to be able to wear a bikini, I have über stretch marks on my belly off being pregnant (my son was a massive 10 lbs 11 ozs when he was born so u can imagine how big my belly went lol) I am proud of my stretch marks, I read a good blog about them once that called them tiger stripes, and to me they are something to be proud of as it shows I have brought life into the world and am proud of it, so they will never stop me wearing a bikini but my fat will lol

I know and then I have skinny friends who didn't get a single one when they were pregnant then went straight back to size 8 after they had had baby lol

I know and then I have skinny friends who didn't get a single one when they were pregnant then went straight back to size 8 after they had had baby lol

That's like my sister! She ate for england when she was pregnant and after having her son, shes exactly the same, straight back to being Miss. Thin!

That's like my sister! She ate for england when she was pregnant and after having her son, shes exactly the same, straight back to being Miss. Thin!

Its so unfair lol and when my friend tells me the things she eats she should be overweight, some people are just lucky I guess lol

Its so unfair lol and when my friend tells me the things she eats she should be overweight, some people are just lucky I guess lol

Same with my boyfriend, he consumes 2l of coke a day and always has kebabs and southern fried chicken and chips and pizza for dinner etc. yet he never gains weight! We've had pretty much same dinners this year and I gained 2 stone before joining SW he hasn't gained a pound!

I saw a photo of myself at Christmas 2010 and had a shock from the double chin & muffin top! I vowed to slim down for the next years family photos! It worked & I lost 2.5st by Christmas but I've put a stone back on :( I managed to get a hold on things before I reached 10st & am back on it 100%

Same with my boyfriend, he consumes 2l of coke a day and always has kebabs and southern fried chicken and chips and pizza for dinner etc. yet he never gains weight! We've had pretty much same dinners this year and I gained 2 stone before joining SW he hasn't gained a pound!

Yup same as my husband lol, he eats like a pig and is skinny as anything lol

I have always been morbidly obese. I weigh a lot, always have, and my mum would say I always would. Most of my family are chubby but none would be classified as badly as me. I met my boyfriend fifteen months ago over the Xbox and we met up in real life having found out we lived so close. He was understanding of my weight. I weighed a hefty 24 stone whereas he only weighed 10 stone. I avoided pictures of us together. His my boyfriend I should want to have pictures taken with him. I've ruined the first year of our relationship as we cannot look back on any of the memories we have had in photos only in little keep sakes such as event tickets etc. After finding out I couldn't go to Alton Towers with him because of my weight and my sister having a baby it started to all piece together. In order for me to enjoy my life with my boyfriend and the rest of my family, in order for me to not have my weight be an issue when I want to have children, in order for me to wear a wedding dress whenever my boyfriend decides to pop the question that doesn't make me look like a heffalump, everything boiled down to me losing weight. I joined Slimming World. And I won't ever regret it. I've lost just over 4 and a half stone and I don't intend to stop until I can say I'm comfortable being the size I am, and I am comfortable in knowing that I will be able to do those things and be happy looking how I look.

Wow, I just read your post and it rang a LOT of bells! I've always been big too, can't stand it anymore though, need to do something about it so i joined slimming world today. I even met my boyfriend through gaming! I'm a PS3 girl though, we've been together 10 months now and i have 1 photo of us together which doesn't really count as i was drunk/asleep, it makes me sad to think that we don't have much to remember the last year by! Another reason I want to lose weight is because we want kids in the next few years and I know that it's not just going to fall off overnight! I've never really posted on here before, but I saw your post and like I said... It rang some bells!

Wow, I just read your post and it rang a LOT of bells! I've always been big too, can't stand it anymore though, need to do something about it so i joined slimming world today. I even met my boyfriend through gaming! I'm a PS3 girl though, we've been together 10 months now and i have 1 photo of us together which doesn't really count as i was drunk/asleep, it makes me sad to think that we don't have much to remember the last year by! Another reason I want to lose weight is because we want kids in the next few years and I know that it's not just going to fall off overnight! I've never really posted on here before, but I saw your post and like I said... It rang some bells!

Thats very similar to me! But PS3 (boo! hiss!) haha joke! :) My boyfriend and I have also spoken of marriage/kids and it is something after I finish getting my degree we want to do. Settle down with each other etc. His two best friends both have girlfriends who are thin and I'm the odd one out. So would be nice to finally get to a thin me. We literally don't have one photo together. None. I'm double his weight at the moment and even now I feel so bad about it, but I do feel a lot better now than I did three months ago. Slimming World really is worth it. I wish you luck! :)

I first decided I was going to lose weight in 2009. I had always said "im happy being fat", I was happy, in a long term relationship and thinking about getting engaged. Then my boyfriend got up and left our house one day and never came back. We eventually talked about it, and part of his reasoning was that he wasnt attracted to me cause of my weight. After about three months of moping, I decided to join WW, mainly so i could say "screw you! now im hot!!".... probably not the best way to be thinking, but it worked for me. I lost nearly four stone, then recently after giving up smoking i have put on another stone and a half. I decided to do SW as i want to be back to how i was, I know i can lose weight, i just need to get my enthusiasm back. I have a lovely fella now, he is trying to lose weight too. I dont want to be the type of couple who sits in all the time eating takeaway till we get heart disease! I want to go on long walks and not be out of breath, and wear size 12 dresses comfortably, and go on holiday to hot places without feeling overweight and too sweaty to leave the hotel room!

This is such a great thread.... it was pretty cathartic to let all that out! :)

I've had seven children, six lovely healthy babies, including twins and a still birth, plus several miscarriages. Pregnancy made me fat! And I've been too lazy to lose it, but I'm only 32 so still young and it's coming off nicely, I just need to keep going with it till I'm comfortable. To be honest I dont' wanna be thin, I just wanna be in a situation where I'm happy with myself.

Back