Why are YOU losing weight? <3

Amy_Maria said:
Hiya
Reading some of theses stories is almost emotional, and I wish every single one of you luck with your weigh loss :)
I had a few reasons for wanting to lose the weight and I wrote them down the day after starting slimming world, here they are for you :)
Firstly when I went to Uni I was happy and a slim size 10, I had boobs and Hips and always will I get them off my mum and generally once I get to a size 8/10 I look very slim but still curvy. I am now in my final year and I'm a size 18 :( I want to graduate and look at the pictures with pride, and not have the memory tainted by my weight gain :)
Secondly, I want to give my OH back the girl he met, he would never complain but I know he hates how self concious and insecure I have become, I don't want to go anywhere any more because its easier to hide away in the house, I'm mardy and miserable a lot of the time cos I'm so down with my weight and I'm starting to develop trust issues, not because of him, more because I don't feel worth of him any more. I don't want my weigh to ruin our relationship.
And Finally, my weight now makes me physically uncomfortable, my legs chaff, hot weather makes walking for long periods of time impossible, I can't take part in any exercise and I sometimes eat so much I'm physically sick.

I Hun I can totally relate to this, I went to Uni a secure size 12, and below 10 stone...4 years later I joined slimming world at 13 stone 9 and a size 16 (probably closer to an 18, but I refused to buy another dress size up!) you an definitely do it, 11 weeks later I'm a couple of lbs off having lost 2 stone!! I've also started being able to buy size 14s again, which is amazing!!

I eventually want to get down to 8 stone 9, which will be a total of 5 stone lost! I WILL get there, and so will you Hun! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I only started SW this week.
I've joined because I'm unhappy. Its purely selfish reasons, but its taken so long to finally admit its time to do something about it. Over the last six months I've had three different people ask me when my baby is due :(
Its made me really unhappy because people obviously notice. I have a staff Xmas party coming up and all I can think about is how all I can wear is black, and baggy. I've got this over hang on my tummy that came after my first child and has haunted me ever since, making nice jeans impossible.
My family are also now benefiting from healthy low fat, home cooked meals because I've always loved take outs. Giving them the best start in life is my main aim of course and I think SW is a plan which fits in with the whole family.
So my aim is to lose a stone before the Xmas party - it won't have me near target but probably enough to fit into a size 16 comfortably.
xxx

I only started SW this week.
I've joined because I'm unhappy. Its purely selfish reasons, but its taken so long to finally admit its time to do something about it. Over the last six months I've had three different people ask me when my baby is due :(
Its made me really unhappy because people obviously notice. I have a staff Xmas party coming up and all I can think about is how all I can wear is black, and baggy. I've got this over hang on my tummy that came after my first child and has haunted me ever since, making nice jeans impossible.
My family are also now benefiting from healthy low fat, home cooked meals because I've always loved take outs. Giving them the best start in life is my main aim of course and I think SW is a plan which fits in with the whole family.
So my aim is to lose a stone before the Xmas party - it won't have me near target but probably enough to fit into a size 16 comfortably.
xxx

Good Luck with it all - there's still time to get some great losses in before the Xmas party. And it's not selfish to want a better you - everyone else in your family and friends will benefit anyway when you're happier, fitter, feeding them well etc.
As for jeans - I've been told Not your Daughters Jeans or the Michele Tummy Tuck jeans are super flattering & drop you a size instantly.

As for jeans - I've been told Not your Daughters Jeans or the Michele Tummy Tuck jeans are super flattering & drop you a size instantly.

Thanks! I will look these up! :)

Well fair few reasons really.. :sigh:

• Myself - but also for my son & husband (he sees how upset i get from my weight)
  • My son so i can play an watch him grow older.
  • To not be the fat friend or the fat one in the family!
  • In pictures i hate what i saw. So i want to be happy with myself!!
  • Medically -

1. Not doing me any good been so obese!!
  2. I was in a car accident '07 truly damaged my knees, has several surgeries pinning knee in place, taking an reusing ligaments to fix others. Now im again needing more surgery so i need to loose the weight so its more successful & not as much strain on my knees. (im so hoping these are the last operations i need)
  3. My knee surgeon did actually refer me to have gastric bypass, i nearly went through with it until have way into my pre op diet an wanting to do it myself!! So im proving i CAN do it myself without surgery. (even though to me none of the past diets ever worked)

• I want to feel sexy not a big fat lump
  • i want to be confident in doing anything & everything :)

Im starting to get better from the loss so far, but still going....

I saw myself on the photos of my dd's engagement party and was so disgusted I deleted everyone with me on them. I don't want to be a blimp for the wedding so that is what motivated me at first. I have also discovered my dh does not like me fat either. He never said word until the weight started coming off but now he's very impressed. I never weight more then 9 stone ever, usually quite a bit less, until I had twins after 5 children in 5 years. I want to be like I was before the kids. I think I'll need plastic surgery for that tho :) Today I weight the same as the day I gave birth to the twins. ( before they were born so I've a way to go yet.)

I would love to get healthy to improve my chances of starting a family. My husband & I have been trying for a few years & the doctors have flat out said I need to lose weight first & foremost. It is exciting to look better and feel good but we are just longing to be able to have a family.

I'm losing weight:

- To lessen the strain on my already poorly muscles and joints
- To increase my chances of conception
- To fit into all my awesome goth dresses and corsets again
- To be able to look at myself in the mirror and like what I see
- To improve my mental health
- To feel like I am treating the body I was given with the respect it deserves

missy1978 said:
Main reason - I want a family. Me and husband started ttc six months ago and I know that my weight is likely to be an issue (I started SW at 19st 6lb). I am terrified that I've left it to late as I approach my mid-thirties, terrified that even with the weight loss it still won't happen for us. But if it doesn't work I need to be able to say that I tried everything I could for my own sanity. And if it does, I will be the happiest girl in the world <3

Other than that? I want to be able to shop somewhere other than Evans and not have idiots abuse me in the street for being fat. That'd be nice!

Little update - since I posted this back in June, I have lost 3st 11lbs! My doctor is delighted with me ;) Unfortunately we have not managed to conceive yet and the year has been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster tbh in that regard. So now I'm losing weight for fertility treatment for real! Getting referred in January and I have to get my BMI under 30 before I can have any treatment. So I've got another 4 stone to lose ASAP!

Potato - I wish you all the luck in the world! Infertility is so cruel and unfair, none of us should have to deal with it. Losing weight will be the best thing you can do to help your chances xxx

I'm losing weight, also for a number of reasons. One if them is just idle curiosity. Can I control my body and mind? I work for myself and largely in charge of every aspect of my life, with my horrendously weight the thing I seemed to have no ability to manage.

That has changed :)

I like this question and had a good hard think about this the other night! So maybe if I put thoughts to paper and leave the list on the fridge it will help.

I want to lose weight because ....

1. I feel FAT (sorry it's just the way I feel)
2. My belly is so big I can feel it on my legs when I sit down (how sad and disgusting)
3. I live in a fantasy world where I think I look ok, but reality is, I don't!
4. I don't look or feel good in clothes anymore.
5. I want to have loads of pictures to look back at with me in them with my children
6. I want to feel the buzz after doing a workout
7. I don't want to have flabby thighs/legs/bum/bingo wings
8. I want to feel comfortable to get changed in front of my husband
9. I don't want to become a diabetic
10. I WANT to do it for all the reasons above!

Wow after listing these, I really do need to do something about it now otherwise all that's going to happen is me eating more and getting fatter!
Sez it's time to get off your ass and do it!

Sarah Jayne, I really feel you will do well on S W. You sound as if you have a lot of motivation. Wishing you well you will sooooooooooooo do this :)

I like this question and had a good hard think about this the other night! So maybe if I put thoughts to paper and leave the list on the fridge it will help.

2. My belly is so big I can feel it on my legs when I sit down (how sad and disgusting)
5. I want to have loads of pictures to look back at with me in them with my children

Wow after listing these, I really do need to do something about it now otherwise all that's going to happen is me eating more and getting fatter!

There are many people on here who have very similar reasons, with similar amounts to lose, and have done it. You can do it also!

I lost weight because I was feeling unhealthy and hated looking at my rolls of fat in the mirror. Muffin top had to go I told myself and I didnt want to end up an unhealthy grandmother who didnt have energy to play with her darling much loved granddaugher. I want to be around to see her grow up and walk down the aisle. OK I wasnt tooooo overweight, but was overweight just the same. Feel so much better now and love my size 10 figure. :) :) :)

Sarah Jayne, I really feel you will do well on S W. You sound as if you have a lot of motivation. Wishing you well you will sooooooooooooo do this :)

Thank you hollys nan, I AM GOING TO DO THIS. I have made a promise to come on here everyday to keep me focused and on track. x

big good luck, you can so do it!!
Many of your reasons are what i have too. how bad is it that its embarrassing to undress in front of husband :eek: We need to change ourself an be HAPPY!!

Ooh very good question, has made me think ....

One of the main reasons I want to lose weight is for my daughter. She is/was on the chubby side (has slimmed down quite a bit now), and is due to start senior school in September and if I'm honest I just want her to blend in. She already has some learning difficulties due to not being able to breathe for herself when she was born, and I really don't want her to stand out anymore, we all know kids can be nasty at times.
Secondly, I want to feel comfortable both in myself and when buying clothes.
Thirdly, I want to look good (well as good as I can;)) and be healthier

I've been worried about weight since I was 12. Now I'm 20 and tried plenty but after just weighing myself for the first time since before christmas, I have put on a stone and convinced myself now is the time!

Also I turn 21 in just 10 weeks and I would love to feel confident in a dress!!

Wish me luck!

(I'm a complete newbie by the way so I don't really know how this works, any help would be great!)

i have always been a big person so i want to prove to myself that i can slim down. i want to be slim, i want to look good and i am going on holiday in august and want to look good.

Back